Female transplant to lower hairline

Hi, I'm 33 year old female looking for a transplant mainly to lower my hairline but also to add density to thinning areas at the sides/temple and top of head.  A lot of clinics have said they won't treat female hair loss, others have promised miracles. 

I've been researching hundreds of clinics and a bit overwhelmed by it all. 

Bicer declined to treat me without clear explanation. 

Yaman suggested 2500 grafts but so far I've found their communication a bit off putting as not able to clearly answer some questions. 

Fuecapilar have impressed me so far as they are the only clinic that has asked further questions to ascertain the situation. 

Waiting on feedback from Eugenix. 

Tried all the 'hair mills' who promised the world etc. 

Also looked at some Harley Street Clinics. 

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly welcomed! 

IMG-20220106-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20220106-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20220106-WA0016.jpg

IMG-20220106-WA0012.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TLewis said:

Hi, I'm 33 year old female looking for a transplant mainly to lower my hairline but also to add density to thinning areas at the sides/temple and top of head.  A lot of clinics have said they won't treat female hair loss, others have promised miracles. 

I've been researching hundreds of clinics and a bit overwhelmed by it all. 

Bicer declined to treat me without clear explanation. 

Yaman suggested 2500 grafts but so far I've found their communication a bit off putting as not able to clearly answer some questions. 

Fuecapilar have impressed me so far as they are the only clinic that has asked further questions to ascertain the situation. 

Waiting on feedback from Eugenix. 

Tried all the 'hair mills' who promised the world etc. 

Also looked at some Harley Street Clinics. 

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly welcomed! 

IMG-20220106-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20220106-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20220106-WA0016.jpg

IMG-20220106-WA0012.jpg

Damn you have some sick hair! Love the style on the 3rd photo. :D

Do you know what has caused your hairloss? Traction alopecia?

1 hour ago, JC71 said:

Hi 👋 

I would say Dr Nadimi, Dr Bisanga spring to mind. I’m sure some other names will come back to me as doing good work with females. Oh yes @DrTBarghouthi(Vertex) is another ! 

Thanks for the mention @JC71

@TLewis Is this something that you noticed over the last few years or has there been fine hair in the area for a very long time? Have you been on minoxidil? Has there been any eyebrow loss at the same time?

• Like 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

@DrTBarghouthi Hello, yes I've always had very fine hair and started thinning very quickly due to hair styling when I was in my teens, some of the hair grew back but overall it remained damaged.  The area on top of my head is the more recent area of thinning in the last couple of years due to a different hairstyle with a centre parting twist and this widened my parting without realising until I noticed thinning.  I basically can't do anything with my hair apart from wear it down.  I haven't tried any form of treatment as such apart from vitamins and some hair oils.  

• Like 1

• Administrators

I have been very impressed by the work Dr. Feriduni has done with females. @DrTBarghouthi has some outstanding examples as well. My suggestion is to use our recommendations as a starting point for research.

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp?sr=HRN-MOB

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, TLewis said:

Yes I believe it could be traction alopecia due to hair styling, and I've always had quite fine hair, so easy to damage.

one thing to keep in mind is how you want to style your hair post HT. Let the doc know your vision. Hair transplants can limit your styling options.

6 hours ago, TLewis said:

@DrTBarghouthi Hello, yes I've always had very fine hair and started thinning very quickly due to hair styling when I was in my teens, some of the hair grew back but overall it remained damaged.  The area on top of my head is the more recent area of thinning in the last couple of years due to a different hairstyle with a centre parting twist and this widened my parting without realising until I noticed thinning.  I basically can't do anything with my hair apart from wear it down.  I haven't tried any form of treatment as such apart from vitamins and some hair oils.  

Thank you for the answers. There seems to be an element of Andro genetic hair loss in your case. However, it is extremely important to prevent any further widening of the part and recession of the forehead before attempting surgery in my opinion. With female hair loss, density is very important and this can only be achieved with having very confined areas to transplant. I would seriously consider minoxidil foam 5% once daily for now and for at least 6 months. Keep a track of the progress and then consider a HT to fill areas that did not respond. The effect of minoxidil on thinning hairs can be quite impressive and this leads to smaller areas needing surgery. 

• Like 2

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

5 hours ago, SadMan2021 said:

one thing to keep in mind is how you want to style your hair post HT. Let the doc know your vision. Hair transplants can limit your styling options.

Hi, oh that's interesting, hadn't actually considered that.  I'd like to be able to wear my hair with fringe/bangs or parted etc

• Valued Contributor

Loads of great advice here already. I'd just add that I think your hair looks pretty good. If we were meeting in person for the first time I'd not think anything [negative] of your hair to be honest. I do of course see what you mean but only because you're pointing it out. So definitely take your time and thoroughly assess your options & keep doing your research - there's no rush at all and I think I speak for everyone when I say your hair loss isn't as bad as you might think it is. We're all our own worst enemy in that sense.

Best of luck :)

@Berba11 thank you, I'm definitely fortunate to have a lot of hair at the back, but it just doesn't match up to the front in my opinion, it could certainly be worse though.  I guess I feel I should nip it in now whilst there is minimal to do than leave it and it  be a bigger job if you know what I mean.  

• Like 1

Is there a reason to focus on a doctor that does a lot of female work?  I'd think the technique and attributes you're looking for a surgeon almost entirely translate from male to female.  The only big difference would be hairline design, and how well they can hide the hidden donor area (how they shave).

Check out my journey here:

OP, your hair does look very good from the back and beautiful. 

I would say before fully committing down the hair transplant route, there's some great places recommended above to just consult with, see their results and then also maybe see if there's steps you could take that are non-surgical. 

Eugenix have a great video on Female hair loss and results as well as recommendations on how to navigate further issues. As you said, it was down to fine hair and choice of styling it a certain way. A quite common cause in women who experience this i believe. 

I would say definitely do your research, don't feel pressured and make your choice when good and ready, as well as when your budget allows to go to the place that best meets your needs :)

• Like 2