Has anyone seen or experienced a negative result from Dr. Zarev...?

• Valued Contributor

I’ve heard a patient say on the Bald Truth that he flew from the US to see him in person for a consultation. Dr Zarev’s consultation lasted for three hours according to this potential patient. @NARMAK nothing wrong with wearing a wig. As you know I wore one for 25 years. 

1 hour ago, Gatsby said:

I’ve heard a patient say on the Bald Truth that he flew from the US to see him in person for a consultation. Dr Zarev’s consultation lasted for three hours according to this potential patient. @NARMAK nothing wrong with wearing a wig. As you know I wore one for 25 years. 

No, of course there's nothing wrong with it, but i feel it's a bit unnecessary to point it out tbh. 

It has no correlation with his ability to deliver what appear to be spectacular results. The problem with their profession is much like a barber, you can be the absolute pinnacle of what a hair stylist can achieve but never experience it yourself because you can't cut your own hair in the same way. 

Personally having had a look, his hair looks real in the one picture i saw but even if it wasn't, that's his personal choice and i don't think it's really on people to go digging around as you can imagine, looking to use it as a point to score with against somebody. 

Like even your own story for example where you openly admitted to friends about using the hair system as a means to get ahead of the ribbing you might get. However a bunch of strangers might be a little more jarring and almost school yard like if they point it out almost in a negative light as it were. 

2 hours ago, Gatsby said:

@NARMAK HugoX stated that ‘his hair is curly, not a wig.’

I stated it is a wig. Your point is? 

It wasn't so much what you stated, tbh it was the other user primarily that set my comment off regarding it being called a wig. RandoBrando. 

Sorry if the wires are getting a bit crossed here. 

Also, tbf to HugoX, he said he wore a system for 15 years i believe and he didn't think it was and he actually seems to have seen Dr Zarev in person. So, that does at least lean me to believe it probably isn't a wig. Hell, even if it was. It's fine. 

Of course, your comment can be fine too, but i mean the original spirit of the thread was asking about Dr Zarev and patient experience with him and it kind of got derailed into this. 

Hopefully we can get it back on track for OP. All the best Adrian. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2022 at 5:59 AM, Gatsby said:

That was me. I don't think that's common practice. Maybe anticipate like an hour or hour-and-a-half? There were some things specific to me that made it long. But regardless you'll leave feeling he's super knowledgeable and totally dedicated to giving you the best chance at success. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2022 at 9:11 AM, mtb said:

That was me. I don't think that's common practice. Maybe anticipate like an hour or hour-and-a-half? There were some things specific to me that made it long. But regardless you'll leave feeling he's super knowledgeable and totally dedicated to giving you the best chance at success. 

Did you decide to go ahead with Dr Zarev @mtb?

1 hour ago, mrmane85 said:

Did you decide to go ahead with Dr Zarev @mtb?

Yes, I have decided to go with him. In the end it was between him and Eugenix, for me. I'd prefer not to have to use beard hair so Zarev was my guy. I also think Zarev has slightly better use of the donor and thicker recipient areas. Just one guy's opinion. I'm sure I would have been stoked with Eugenix. Do tons of research before making your decision. I consulted with about 12 top clinics before deciding. Now I'm playing the waiting game. 

14 minutes ago, mrmane85 said:

That's exciting news! Do you have a planned surgery date? How many grafts are you both thinking for this surgery?

I need 10k-11k total. But it'll be broken into two procedures. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mtb said:

I need 10k-11k total. But it'll be broken into two procedures. 

May I ask how you managed to get ahold of him? Enjoy what are sure to be some phenomenal results!

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, mtb said:

Yes, I have decided to go with him. In the end it was between him and Eugenix, for me. I'd prefer not to have to use beard hair so Zarev was my guy. I also think Zarev has slightly better use of the donor and thicker recipient areas. Just one guy's opinion. I'm sure I would have been stoked with Eugenix. Do tons of research before making your decision. I consulted with about 12 top clinics before deciding. Now I'm playing the waiting game. 

Congratulations mtb! Can I ask how does Dr Zarev perform surgery if the patient has poor donor and doesn't use beard grafts for his results?

4 hours ago, Grouse said:

May I ask how you managed to get ahold of him? Enjoy what are sure to be some phenomenal results!

I reached out to his office in April of last year. Took a while to get a response. to be honest I think I got in before the demand for his services went crazy. Now I think it's difficult to get in with him. But worth the wait if you can. 

3 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Congratulations mtb! Can I ask how does Dr Zarev perform surgery if the patient has poor donor and doesn't use beard grafts for his results?

That's the thing, the patient has to have the right donor area. He wouldn't do any real consult until he saw me in person, which I respect. He said I'm fairly average to slightly above average candidate. He said he wouldn't attempt a procedure if I didn't have good enough characteristics. I think beard hair can be a great option for those who have poor donor area. Hopefully I won't get to that point but you never know who will go full blown nw7

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mtb said:

That's the thing, the patient has to have the right donor area. He wouldn't do any real consult until he saw me in person, which I respect. He said I'm fairly average to slightly above average candidate. He said he wouldn't attempt a procedure if I didn't have good enough characteristics. I think beard hair can be a great option for those who have poor donor area. Hopefully I won't get to that point but you never know who will go full blown nw7

Did you meet him in person or going to and then do it?

4 hours ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

Did you meet him in person or going to and then do it?

I have been in person. That's how he said I'm average to slightly above average when taking into account hair per follicle, follicles per sq cm, hair color to scalp contract, curl, etc. It was a very thorough assessment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mtb said:

I have been in person. That's how he said I'm average to slightly above average when taking into account hair per follicle, follicles per sq cm, hair color to scalp contract, curl, etc. It was a very thorough assessment.

I was just curious since I don’t live close if you could send him photos him get a garage and then do your in person with the idea of doing the procedure that day or the next days

On 4/21/2022 at 4:42 PM, JoDimaggio22 said:

I was just curious since I don’t live close if you could send him photos him get a garage and then do your in person with the idea of doing the procedure that day or the next days

"send him photos him get a garage"? I don't know what that means but he won't agree to do surgery until he sees you in person, but you'll have to consult with him on that, I don't want to put words into his mouth. Hugo may have more insight on that. I think he said he had a quick turnaround from his consult to his surgery time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mtb said:

"send him photos him get a garage"? I don't know what that means but he won't agree to do surgery until he sees you in person, but you'll have to consult with him on that, I don't want to put words into his mouth. Hugo may have more insight on that. I think he said he had a quick turnaround from his consult to his surgery time. 

I meant could he decide if I am a good candidate through photo and then I come down for consult instead of me paying to come down just to be rejected