Poor Graft Placement

I have read on this forum that poor graft placement can be one of the reasons a hair transplant looks not as dense. However, I have never seen what this looks like. Does anyone have an example of a surgery that turned out with poor density due to bad artistry in terms of graft placement. Or maybe, two similar hair transplant candidates, but one had a better, more full result due to smarter graft placement.

Edited by hairlossguy
clarity

Poor placement of the grafts can absolutely contribute to an unnatural sparse looking result.  Unfortunately, I do not have any examples of this to share as proper placement is absolutely vital at our clinic.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

• Administrators

This video explains the various reasons for density, including graft placement 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

This is a good example how wrong hair angles looks like which contribute for poor density appearance, additionally this poor paitent had terrible job of too deep incisions which caused scarring with abscess over the recipient area, also instead of single grafts the clinic implanted double and triple grafts at the hairline, this was done by a cheap black market clinic in Turkey.

*Paitent approved to show his case

20201128_184355.jpg

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

i've always heard the effect called shingling. Like the shingles on a roof where each "row" of hair layers over the last to create an effect where any given spot on your scalp is covered by several "rows" of hair. Though hair doesn't technically grow in rows

Edited by deeznuts

1 hour ago, SadMan2021 said:

can you specifically explain how the example shows wrong hair angles? thanks. 

The transplanted hair waving more than 90 degree unnaturally, here is another example from a vlog, this paitent also had those weird hair angles, the only way may look homogeneous is using a gel.

BTW, the same goes with crown procedures, that requires implementation in circular pattern for natural good result.

I don't have more photos of the paitent 

Edited by Doron Harati
  • Like 2

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.