Why Do People Stop Posting Progress Updates?

Why Do People Stop Posting Progress Updates?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm so curious whenever someone posts monthly progress pics and then suddenly stops posting. 

Unique to hair transplants, it can look like a 10/10 result in the beginning stages, just to reveal a bad result in the end. And vice versa, someone could look like they had a bad result, to actually just be a late bloomer and have a great result in the end. 

So progress threads where the OP ghosts always interests me, because without a definitive conclusion, the end result can be a mystery. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All of those are likely options depending on the person. My number one guess would be that people just get busy and it no longer becomes a priority, so it slips their mind. Best case scenario - they had such a good result that they've been able to move on with their lives in such a way that their previous hair loss isn't even at the forefront of their minds anymore, but who's to say, really... :) 

• Like 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Just wanted to pop in and say wonderful question, thank you for asking it, I just hope that the folks that ghost are still on the forums and the results won't only consist of the rest of us that are just left guessing.  

The cliffhangers are frustrating sometimes as you see someone following a similar journey as yourself and they suddenly stop posting.  Especially so if you're anxious about the current state you're in.  It's like watching a great movie that gets cut off at the rising action.

Edited by Lightmare
  • Like 1

• Administrators

I would say 80% of them forget about this forum and forget to post as soon as it grows out. 10% feel embarrassed because it turned out bad. The other 10% forget their password and don’t care enough to reset it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I'm going to go with a super optimistic view. Most have successful results (at least for their standards). They don't need to ask any follow up questions, and they don't care about showing their hair anymore to random people online. We're hair transplant university, once you graduate, do you really need to come back? Got a PHD in full head of hair, what more is there to do here for those people? Could take pride in being an alumni and show school spirit, helping out students on their journey...or not. 

Edited by wonderful_derp

Lack of comments on their posts?

I posted 2 month progress pics a few days ago and no one responded. OK there is little to see after 2 months I get it.

I am happy to post again at month 3 as this forum was invaluable to my selection process and I feel it only right to "give back."

However, if I was to post progress pics again with no response I may think again.

That's my opinion and not looking for sympathy post btw lol

Maybe my writing or pictures suck haha

Oh, and also a little bit of all the options you listed :)

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Marco Van Basten said:

I posted 2 month progress pics a few days ago and no one responded. OK there is little to see after 2 months I get it.

I am happy to post again at month 3 as this forum was invaluable to my selection process and I feel it only right to "give back."

However, if I was to post progress pics again with no response I may think again.

Agree

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Marco Van Basten said:

You should post anyway. Just because people don't respond doesn't mean they aren't looking at it. I certainly don't respond to everything. It's also good for people who come to the forum later and are searching for results from a certain Dr. It's good if they can find ones that post updates throughout the entire year to the final results. So don't think it's not helpful to anyone just because nobody is responding. I get it though. It makes you feel like nobody is interested.

• Like 2

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I would say 80% of them forget about this forum and forget to post as soon as it grows out.

That makes sense. People do that with everything. I was on a car forum when I was having trouble with my car and trying to fix it myself because the shop said the part needed wasn't made anymore. While I was looking for help I also responded to a few others asking for help because I had gone through those issues and knew some of the answers. Once I sold my car I never visited that forum again. There was no reason to after that. I never even thought about it again.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

43 minutes ago, BeHappy said:

You should post anyway. Just because people don't respond doesn't mean they aren't looking at it. I certainly don't respond to everything. It's also good for people who come to the forum later and are searching for results from a certain Dr. It's good if they can find ones that post updates throughout the entire year to the final results. So don't think it's not helpful to anyone just because nobody is responding. I get it though. It makes you feel like nobody is interested.

Nice reply.  I'd like to add to this - Once happy, it is likely a patient will stop posting, and totally disappear.  Will likely not revisit with the clinic, (unless the thinning resumes down the road).  It is also likely the patient will not write a review either.  

A funny thing about humans in general.  Wait until something goes wrong....Will run to the computer and write the review.  PLEASE!!!! regardless of your experience, write it.  There are so many people just like you; researching, reading about the experiences of others.....and just trying to get comfortable with the whole idea. 

We can truly have an impact in this industry if we all work on this as a community.

• Like 1

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

3 hours ago, LaserCaps said:

Nice reply.  I'd like to add to this - Once happy, it is likely a patient will stop posting, and totally disappear.  Will likely not revisit with the clinic, (unless the thinning resumes down the road).  It is also likely the patient will not write a review either.  

A funny thing about humans in general.  Wait until something goes wrong....Will run to the computer and write the review.  PLEASE!!!! regardless of your experience, write it.  There are so many people just like you; researching, reading about the experiences of others.....and just trying to get comfortable with the whole idea. 

We can truly have an impact in this industry if we all work on this as a community.

on the flip side, it takes courage and vulnerability posting a bad result and getting negative feedback. 

its not hard at all to post results of a good HT bc it will just be a echo chamber of congratulations. 

Edited by SadMan2021

Well I generally don't like to leave reviews on stuff. 

The only reason I would leave a review here is just because the community has been super helpful. And I guess with an HT, there's always the random concerns that come up so it's nice to post progress. Normally though, I don't leave reviews on anything cause I can't be bothered. 

• Like 1

My overall observation over many years has been that guys are happy with their result and move on with their life…then, at times, they return years later because they need another procedure and they ask for more advice.

• Like 2

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY