Are Natural Anti-Androgens Effective For Treating Hair Loss Topically?

I’ll address the elephant in the room and take the opportunity on here to make comment upon how it’s interesting that now topicals are the current trend, HT doctors are being a lot more forthcoming with talking about the real numbers of their patients who have suffered from side effects and unable to take oral form finasteride/dutasteride. 

Edited by Curious25

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

I’ll address the elephant in the room and take the opportunity on here to make comment upon how it’s interesting that now topicals are the current trend, HT doctors are being a lot more forthcoming with talking about the real numbers of their patients who have suffered from side effects and unable to take oral form finasteride/dutasteride. 

Well, I can understand from a surgeon’s point of view wanting to give their patients the most longevity and increase their chances for success. Like everything in life there’s a very divisive line, those who are very pro-finasteride (tressless) and those very anti-finasteride (Propecia help). Truth is somewhere in the middle.

But after my conversation with Dr. Hasson, even their first topical versions caused side effects, which is why he dedicated himself to this project and why he’s so confident in its efficacy and safety. Very excited to hear what he has to say tomorrow.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

8 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Well, I can understand from a surgeon’s point of view wanting to give their patients the most longevity and increase their chances for success. Like everything in life there’s a very divisive line, those who are very pro-finasteride (tressless) and those very anti-finasteride (Propecia help). Truth is somewhere in the middle.

But after my conversation with Dr. Hasson, even their first topical versions caused side effects, which is why he dedicated himself to this project and why he’s so confident in its efficacy and safety. Very excited to hear what he has to say tomorrow.

I understand - but I just don’t buy the 5% figure and never have done. If you have been online for long enough, anecdotally it was clear that the number of users affected was higher than 5%, and now surgeons are coming forward and admitting they have witnessed first hand it is a higher number than 5% from their own patients.

The fact people have even gone out to pursue developing a topical (a more impractical application to use) wouldn’t make sense if 95% of people could quite happily just pop a pill each morning, and be on their way.

Anyway, yes, I’ll be very eager to hear what he says tomorrow . . It’s a bold statement to call it side effect free! 

Keep up the great work arranging these one on ones, it’s been a game changer on the forum. 

On 12/9/2021 at 2:45 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Any plans to go for topical dut in light of Dr. Hasson's comments?

@Melvin- Moderator- I am excited for you and us as you test the efficacy of natural topical anti-androgens.

One thing to keep in mind is that not all natural anti-androgens of a particular ingredient are created equal.

In the article below from Rob English, medical editor and owner of Perfect Hair Health, he reviews the science and previous studies  on Saw Palmetto and found that efficacy may largely depend on the extraction methods and with which other ingredients to combine with to enhance efficacy and bioavailability. The article is a bit of a read, but worth it, however if you don't have time for all of it, DEFINITELY check out the section titled, "Using Saw Palmetto, How to Maximize It's Efficacy". I think this will be a real value add in your quest to create and test best topical anti-androgen solution!

Enjoy... 

https://perfecthairhealth.com/saw-palmetto-for-hair-growth/

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 12/11/2021 at 3:13 AM, deeznuts said:

Any plans to go for topical dut in light of Dr. Hasson's comments?

Possibly, if this doesn’t work.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Curious25 said:

When are you having your procedure with Eugenix? 

New Years day

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Curious25 said:

That's one way to start the New Year 😎

Can't Wait to follow, 

New year new hair 🧑🏼‍🦲👨🏻‍🦱

View my thread