I am 18 and i think i am losing my hair

Obliak

1 hour ago, JC71 said:

Nope 👎 this is at least 250%  more hair than most of us here. Your fine 🤩

Bro i am depressed because i had better hair 2 3 years ago and i have some hair line pictures it seems the same but there is some thinning on left side of my hair

No one is really helping you.  Here is what you can do. Periodically shave down your head to a buzz.  That will let you take pictures to see if the caliber (width) of your hair follicles are starting to thin.  Going bald doesn't mean strong hairs simply fall out in a male hair loss pattern.  First the hairs will get weaker, get thin, and eventually stop growing out after a rest phase cycle.

Some people will not realize how far along the balding cycle they really are because they still have more full hair coverage.  But cut that hair down and all of a sudden they'll notice that areas are getting thin.

• Like 2

Looking at those pics it’s difficult to tell anything. But you MAY be developing your mature hairline, which is totally normal and very different to MPB. 
The only way to tell is to keep pics and monitor for any changes. A mature hairline happens to about 96% of us ! Anywhere between 17-30 years of age. 
Could also be a seasonal shed, again totally normal. 

Edited by JC71
  • Like 2

Looking at the current pics , you seem to haver very good density even compared to people without MBP .

During my 20's i didn't notice hairfall , but hair follicle  thickness was much less , MBP signs for me started after 30's .

Some say that you don't realize that you have MBP until 50% of hair is already shed .

In my opinion , you can consider you have a problem when you have excessive shed "even if your hair density still looks good"  , or when your hair thickness is marginally thinner or root of shed follicles is smaller in size "for me that change in thickness was easily noticeable" 

Having said that ,  from pics you shared it don't to seem you have any signs of MBP until now , it's good to solve any hair fall issue early but extra stress also is not beneficial in that regard as it can accelerate hair fall issues  if you have any .

• Thanks 1

You’re good for now. 

That whorl on the back of your head is a natural part line, some people have bigger ones than others. 

If your father balded young, then it will be worth checking in every year for the next 7 years - however don’t obsess over it now, because you visually have zero loss. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
On 12/4/2021 at 10:25 AM, JDEE0 said:

You're not

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor

You have a perfect head of hair! If it gives you any sense of security you could always try taking minoxidil or finasteride? But I would go with the advice that others have given. Personally I think you are just wasting your money if you take any type of medical therapy. Take care and all the best!

• 1 year later...