Just had 1726 grafts done on frontal and temples with Dr. Nader

eb21007

On 5/19/2022 at 1:45 PM, eb21007 said:

Oral minoox, 1m propecia daily and 1.5 microneedle 1x per month. 

Meds have nothing to do with transplant growth success. It only impacts your native hairs. But hang in there. Stress can hurt growth so try to be positive 

• Thanks 1

How long does donor area need to heal before another fue? Contemplating on trying one last proceedure this summer. The most recent 1726 grafts was almost 6 months ago. 

On 5/19/2022 at 2:57 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

You’re not done growing at 5 1/2 months. You have 7 months left. Not sure why you’re conceiting defeat halfway. 

Melvin, I wanted to ask your permission to start a new thread in regards to having zero changes at 6 mos. As well as an honest review of how Dr. Nader has been in regards to this . I know you guys all say give it 12 mos. But let's be realistic...6 mos and zero growth = failure 

• Like 1

could be related to the 2 other procedures you said you had ? 2 FUT ? now a 3rd fUE and now you want a 4th ? i am not a doctor but that cannot be healthy...maybe underlying condition ? try doing bloodwork maybe, but at 6 months and very little to no growth is suspect I see what you mean. 

• Administrators
17 hours ago, eb21007 said:

Melvin, I wanted to ask your permission to start a new thread in regards to having zero changes at 6 mos. As well as an honest review of how Dr. Nader has been in regards to this . I know you guys all say give it 12 mos. But let's be realistic...6 mos and zero growth = failure 

Why would you need to create a new thread? Just keep this thread and provide updates.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Why would you need to create a new thread? Just keep this thread and provide updates.

Ahh ok .

Just an FYI ..Dr Nader has been concerned as well. I would also like to point out that he is a very stand-up and gracious person. He asked me to just give it some more time and let's address it in 9 to 12 months. He did offer to refund me, this speaks volumes about him in my book. Based upon that I'm just going to chill and see what happens over the next 3 to 6 months.

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, eb21007 said:

Ahh ok .

Just an FYI ..Dr Nader has been concerned as well. I would also like to point out that he is a very stand-up and gracious person. He asked me to just give it some more time and let's address it in 9 to 12 months. He did offer to refund me, this speaks volumes about him in my book. Based upon that I'm just going to chill and see what happens over the next 3 to 6 months.

That’s a good suggestion, wow, he’s a very ethical surgeon. Very happy to hear he’s standing by you, though, I still feel there’s time for change.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2022 at 1:30 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

That’s a good suggestion, wow, he’s a very ethical surgeon. Very happy to hear he’s standing by you, though, I still feel there’s time for change.

Melvin 

How long should I wait before getting another transplant ?  I just calculated the time and I'm at the 7 month mark. I want to try one last time to try and thicken up the area that Dr.Nader worked on. I'm asking you because I don't know if there's like a certain time frame I should wait because of the trauma that was done to the area so maybe I should wait a year etc. Thank you for your time.

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, eb21007 said:

Melvin 

How long should I wait before getting another transplant ?  I just calculated the time and I'm at the 7 month mark. I want to try one last time to try and thicken up the area that Dr.Nader worked on. I'm asking you because I don't know if there's like a certain time frame I should wait because of the trauma that was done to the area so maybe I should wait a year etc. Thank you for your time.

Wait the full year. Unless you want to get additional grafts in an area that hasn't been transplanted before.

View my thread

3 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Wait the full year. Unless you want to get additional grafts in an area that hasn't been transplanted before.

I want to get thickness in the same area I had done 7 months ago..i would also add some temple work as well.

Another question for you.. I told you a few weeks ago that Nader offered to give me a refund... If it were you, would you ask for a second procedure or would you get the refund? Because I've read on the forum that everyone says if the first one failed why would you go back to the same Dr.

Thx again 

5 hours ago, eb21007 said:

I want to get thickness in the same area I had done 7 months ago..i would also add some temple work as well.

Another question for you.. I told you a few weeks ago that Nader offered to give me a refund... If it were you, would you ask for a second procedure or would you get the refund? Because I've read on the forum that everyone says if the first one failed why would you go back to the same Dr.

Thx again 

I know you didn’t ask me but I think I’d take the refund and put it towards a new doctor especially if he’s offering it. What’s good about Nader is he’s low cost for typically decent work but if he’s failed you consider the refund a discount on a better surgeon imo.

tbh I’m actually shocked with how poor your results have turned out for 7 whole months especially as from what I see on the internet Nader does good work. Wonder how many poor results we don’t get to see because he doesn’t have a big presence on social media. Not even sure how many people see him annually. Kinda making me rethink Nader’s work a bit and my future appointment but good on him for offering you a full refund.

Edited by Braindrain
Details

5 hours ago, Braindrain said:

I know you didn’t ask me but I think I’d take the refund and put it towards a new doctor especially if he’s offering it. What’s good about Nader is he’s low cost for typically decent work but if he’s failed you consider the refund a discount on a better surgeon imo.

tbh I’m actually shocked with how poor your results have turned out for 7 whole months especially as from what I see on the internet Nader does good work. Wonder how many poor results we don’t get to see because he doesn’t have a big presence on social media. Not even sure how many people see him annually. Kinda making me rethink Nader’s work a bit and my future appointment but good on him for offering you a full refund.

Thk you for the sincere reply ..I am really dumbfounded as to why i have about 10% growth ...I'm being optimistic stating 10% . Reading old post on this forum and the only answer I can think of is the follicles were left out too long before being implanted . Dr. Nader is very ethical and kind so I have no I'll will towards him .. especially if he does refund me . 

• Administrators
15 hours ago, eb21007 said:

Thx again 

Honestly, I would wait until 12 months. If you end up 70% satisfied, I’d stick with Nader. In the end, you won’t know what to choose until after 12 months. Any surgeon willing to do another procedure at 7 months in the same area isn’t being ethical in my opinion. 

View my thread

9 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Honestly, I would wait until 12 months. If you end up 70% satisfied, I’d stick with Nader. In the end, you won’t know what to choose until after 12 months. Any surgeon willing to do another procedure at 7 months in the same area isn’t being ethical in my opinion. 

Thk you Melvin .Be back with updates next month 

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

Look forward to hearing further updates. I'm booked with Nader for November. Has anyone else ever heard of a bad result coming out of Naders clinic?

When I went for my first transplant with Dr. Nader I asked him about his track record and he told me that overall he’s had great patient results. However, he did tell me about a failed transplant that believed was the result of a very stressful event the patient went through after his transplant. Dr. Nader told me he gave that patient a second transplant for for free which had a very good outcome. IMHO, Dr. Nader is class act who really cares about his patients! 

I’ve been very happy with my results from two Nader transplants. If I ever need a third I will gladly go with Dr. Nader again. 

45 minutes ago, pidds said:

When I went for my first transplant with Dr. Nader I asked him about his track record and he told me that overall he’s had great patient results. However, he did tell me about a failed transplant that believed was the result of a very stressful event the patient went through after his transplant. Dr. Nader told me he gave that patient a second transplant for for free which had a very good outcome. IMHO, Dr. Nader is class act who really cares about his patients! 

I’ve been very happy with my results from two Nader transplants. If I ever need a third I will gladly go with Dr. Nader again. 

How far apart were the two transplants? And how many grafts each? 

5 hours ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

How far apart were the two transplants? And how many grafts each? 

I had the transplants 23 months apart from each other.

In 2016 I had 3,584 grafts over two days.

In 2018 I had 1,930 grafts over one day. 

Let me know if you have any other questions.

4 minutes ago, pidds said:

I had the transplants 23 months apart from each other.

In 2016 I had 3,584 grafts over two days.

In 2018 I had 1,930 grafts over one day. 

Let me know if you have any other questions.

A few if you don't mind:

1. Were you on Fin/Min/Nizoral/Anything else? If so how long before or after the first HT did you start

2. Did you go in knowing you would probably need 2? Or was the 2nd somewhat of a surprise? 

3. Do you have any before/after pics from one or both surgeries?

35 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

A few if you don't mind:

1. Were you on Fin/Min/Nizoral/Anything else? If so how long before or after the first HT did you start

2. Did you go in knowing you would probably need 2? Or was the 2nd somewhat of a surprise? 

3. Do you have any before/after pics from one or both surgeries?

1. I started 1mg of Fin and Minoxidil Foam about two years before my first transplant which stabilized my hair loss.   

2.  I assumed I would need a second transplant to get more density. Additionally, one of temples lost more original hair after the first transplant so I had that restored. I’ve lost more natural hair in the last few years so I’ll have a third transplant in the next two to five years.

3. I haven’t shared any pics.

Edited by pidds

20 minutes ago, pidds said:

1. I started 1mg of Fin and Minoxidil Foam about two years before my first transplant which stabilized my hair loss.   

2.  I assumed I would need a second transplant to get more density. Additionally, one of temples lost more original hair after the first transplant so I had that restored. I’ve lost more natural hair in the last few years so I’ll have a third transplant in the next two to five years.

3. I haven’t shared any pics.

Final q: Where were you on the Norwood scale prior to the 1st ht?

On 6/23/2022 at 9:34 PM, GoliGoliGoli said:

Final q: Where were you on the Norwood scale prior to the 1st ht?

Edited by eb21007
Didn't realize it was a question for someone else

I’m not sure why you say you’ve had “zero” growth brother. Look again. And as many have said this is about HALFWAY to the goal line. I wouldn’t get another HT until you know what your working with. Those donor hairs are precious. Use them wisely. 

26525CC9-5F60-49A1-9DA3-58134C6252EE.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, CitizenB said:

I’m not sure why you say you’ve had “zero” growth brother. Look again. And as many have said this is about HALFWAY to the goal line. I wouldn’t get another HT until you know what your working with. Those donor hairs are precious. Use them wisely. 

26525CC9-5F60-49A1-9DA3-58134C6252EE.jpeg

Thx for reply.. Dr Nader and I text once a month and he wants me to give it till Nov / Dec for judgement day. I want everyone on here to know he's a class act with integrity... A very sincere trustworthy doctor. 

Edited by eb21007
Typo
  • Like 2