Just had 1726 grafts done on frontal and temples with Dr. Nader

eb21007

On 6/26/2022 at 12:25 AM, CitizenB said:

I’m not sure why you say you’ve had “zero” growth brother. Look again. And as many have said this is about HALFWAY to the goal line. I wouldn’t get another HT until you know what your working with. Those donor hairs are precious. Use them wisely. 

26525CC9-5F60-49A1-9DA3-58134C6252EE.jpeg

I agree, and the progress is unmistakable with that juxtaposition.

Sorry if you're not satisfied with your current results, OP; but as others have stated, that's realistically as much as you should expect at this juncture of recovery with that amount of grafts. It'll take a few more months for all surviving post-shock-loss follicles to regrow, and its total coverage will continue improving for another few-several months as all regrown follicles (which are fine initially) thicken up in diameter (which may take multiple regrowth cycles).

You won't know the final results for better or worse until then, but I'd give it the benefit of the doubt based on your current progress and Nader's track record. You may or may not need more grafts down the road for your desired density, but I don't think any reasonable person will find this outcome disappointing when it's all said and done.

Edited by Trichotrophy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/29/2022 at 10:24 AM, Trichotrophy said:

I agree, and the progress is unmistakable with that juxtaposition.

Sorry if you're not satisfied with your current results, OP; but as others have stated, that's realistically as much as you should expect at this juncture of recovery with that amount of grafts. It'll take a few more months for all surviving post-shock-loss follicles to regrow, and its total coverage will continue improving for another few-several months as all regrown follicles (which are fine initially) thicken up in diameter (which may take multiple regrowth cycles).

You won't know the final results for better or worse until then, but I'd give it the benefit of the doubt based on your current progress and Nader's track record. You may or may not need more grafts down the road for your desired density, but I don't think any reasonable person will find this outcome disappointing when it's all said and done.

Thk you 

Honestly I'm in chill mode now ... What will be ... Will be 

Thx for your reply 

• 2 months later...
On 6/8/2022 at 1:46 AM, Braindrain said:

I know you didn’t ask me but I think I’d take the refund and put it towards a new doctor especially if he’s offering it. What’s good about Nader is he’s low cost for typically decent work but if he’s failed you consider the refund a discount on a better surgeon imo.

tbh I’m actually shocked with how poor your results have turned out for 7 whole months especially as from what I see on the internet Nader does good work. Wonder how many poor results we don’t get to see because he doesn’t have a big presence on social media. Not even sure how many people see him annually. Kinda making me rethink Nader’s work a bit and my future appointment but good on him for offering you a full refund.

Has your opinion changed on Nader yet as I am considering him still? I’d appreciate to hear your thoughts on him

On 6/23/2022 at 12:56 PM, pidds said:

When I went for my first transplant with Dr. Nader I asked him about his track record and he told me that overall he’s had great patient results. However, he did tell me about a failed transplant that believed was the result of a very stressful event the patient went through after his transplant. Dr. Nader told me he gave that patient a second transplant for for free which had a very good outcome. IMHO, Dr. Nader is class act who really cares about his patients! 

I’ve been very happy with my results from two Nader transplants. If I ever need a third I will gladly go with Dr. Nader again. 

Glad to hear you had success w him. I’m very much considering him rn

On 9/28/2022 at 12:08 AM, Iceee222 said:

Has your opinion changed on Nader yet as I am considering him still? I’d appreciate to hear your thoughts on him

Dr. Nader is a very honorable man with integrity. We came to an agreement that I will go back for a revision in December. I seriously doubt any of the turkey transplant doctors and definitely not US doctors ,would offer a revision just so I will be 100% happy. 

Right at the 10th month and it is what it is. I do have some growth but definitely not over 50%. I pretty  much style my hair the same way as I did before the HT, which is somewhat of a pushover that covers up certain areas in the front. This is definitely not what I was expecting, having the same hairstyle as before. I thought I would get some thickness to be able to wear it parted to the side ie corp look 

(1)The best pic is my hair styled and pushed around. I was at the drs office and snapped a few of my hair styled.

The others are bathroom lighting with areas uncovered . 

Screenshot_20220929_005242.jpg

Screenshot_20220929_005213.jpg

Screenshot_20220929_005110.jpg

Screenshot_20220929_005053.jpg

Screenshot_20220929_005028.jpg

Screenshot_20220929_005004.jpg

Screenshot_20220929_004946.jpg

Screenshot_20220929_004915.jpg

Screenshot_20220929-004855_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220929-004846_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220929-004835_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220929-004824_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220929-004752_Gallery.jpg

20220929_004613.jpg

20220929_004609.jpg

20220929_004606.jpg

20220929_004603.jpg

20220929_004600.jpg

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, eb21007 said:

Right at the 10th month and it is what it is. I do have some growth but definitely not over 50%. I pretty  much style my hair the same way as I did before the HT, which is somewhat of a pushover that covers up certain areas in the front. This is definitely not what I was expecting, having the same hairstyle as before. I thought I would get some thickness to be able to wear it parted to the side ie corp look 

(1)The best pic is my hair styled and pushed around. I was at the drs office and snapped a few of my hair styled.

The others are bathroom lighting with areas uncovered . 

Screenshot_20220929_005242.jpg

Screenshot_20220929_005213.jpg

Screenshot_20220929_005110.jpg

Screenshot_20220929_005053.jpg

Screenshot_20220929_005028.jpg

Screenshot_20220929_005004.jpg

Screenshot_20220929_004946.jpg

Screenshot_20220929_004915.jpg

Screenshot_20220929-004855_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220929-004846_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220929-004835_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220929-004824_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220929-004752_Gallery.jpg

20220929_004613.jpg

20220929_004609.jpg

20220929_004606.jpg

20220929_004603.jpg

20220929_004600.jpg

Thanks for the update - looking at this recent batch of pictures I agree now, this is a sub-optimal result.

I wonder if the culprit is simply that too few grafts were used? In your original post you say original plan was 2000-2500 but ended up with 1720? 

Good to know Nader is standing by his work though. I take it he is charging you nothing at all for the revision? 

1 hour ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

Thanks for the update - looking at this recent batch of pictures I agree now, this is a sub-optimal result.

I wonder if the culprit is simply that too few grafts were used? In your original post you say original plan was 2000-2500 but ended up with 1720? 

Good to know Nader is standing by his work though. I take it he is charging you nothing at all for the revision? 

Glad someone else sees what I do. Dr. Nader agreed that this is not the results he hoped for. He is doing the new Ht in December and said he will do whatever it takes to make it right. This is why I have said he has integrity. The plan is more grafts to thicken the front and possibly lower it a tad 

• Administrators

Good to see Dr. Nader standing by his work. Definitely a sign of a great surgeon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

14 hours ago, eb21007 said:

Dr. Nader is a very honorable man with integrity. We came to an agreement that I will go back for a revision in December. I seriously doubt any of the turkey transplant doctors and definitely not US doctors ,would offer a revision just so I will be 100% happy. 

Wow that’s great to hear best of luck with the new procedure!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, eb21007 said:

Glad someone else sees what I do. Dr. Nader agreed that this is not the results he hoped for. He is doing the new Ht in December and said he will do whatever it takes to make it right. This is why I have said he has integrity. The plan is more grafts to thicken the front and possibly lower it a tad 

As someone who went to their original surgeon to “make things better,” tread very carefully. I would want to know exactly what happened during the first surgery that led to suboptimal results even before I stepped into their office again. I trusted my doctor too much and he ended up using more grafts, destroying my donor further, and not providing much extra.

you have limited donor and you don’t wanna scar up an area too badly where nothing will grow.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 5BetaReductase said:

As someone who went to their original surgeon to “make things better,” tread very carefully. I would want to know exactly what happened during the first surgery that led to suboptimal results even before I stepped into their office again. I trusted my doctor too much and he ended up using more grafts, destroying my donor further, and not providing much extra.

you have limited donor and you don’t wanna scar up an area too badly where nothing will grow.

I have been weighing that aspect as well. I did everything I was advised to do post procedure .. even took an extra month off from the gym. I have no idea what caused the failure . My guess is the follicles may have been left out too long and / or could it be that he did a no shave fue

I commend Dr Nader for offering a new Ht or refund . I am torn on what to do because like you said .. donor hair is limited 

1 hour ago, 5BetaReductase said:

In your case, what do you think/know was the reason for the sub optimal result of the first procedure? 

24 minutes ago, eb21007 said:

I have been weighing that aspect as well. I did everything I was advised to do post procedure .. even took an extra month off from the gym. I have no idea what caused the failure . My guess is the follicles may have been left out too long and / or could it be that he did a no shave fue

I commend Dr Nader for offering a new Ht or refund . I am torn on what to do because like you said .. donor hair is limited 

This is interesting. I'm going to Nader in about a month and was considering doing the partial shave

19 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

This is interesting. I'm going to Nader in about a month and was considering doing the partial shave

I will probably reach out to him over the weekend to discuss things more in detail. Contemplating on doing a consultation with someone local, maybe they can assess it better in person. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

In your case, what do you think/know was the reason for the sub optimal result of the first procedure? 

I asked Lorenzo and he gave me some BS answer that the punch they used was too small for my thick roots (which still sounds like BS because they should have realized early on in the surgery that the punch was too small).

personally, I think it was damage from loading the implanter pens. He has a very high turn over rate of techs. One that I was talking to was a veterinary technician (lol) from Greece that had just moved to Spain and she was already loading grafts into implanters for Lorenzo. This is why it’s important to stay away from mills like erdogan and Lorenzo because you have no idea who is handling your grafts or doing your extractions.

also, because he does 4 patients a day, my grafts were out of body for like 3 hours and he’s cheap and uses saline instead of more expensive storage solutions like hypothermosol.

In terms of my donor, it was just gross negligence on behalf of his tech and zero oversight from him

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

I saw Mwamba mention on a thread recently that there are different quality solutions different Dr's use to store the grafts. I wonder what Nader uses 

Just read your comment . I will ask him the punch size , solution , turn-over rate of techs etc .

Any other questions I should ask ... Please send to me 

Thx guys 

• Like 3

On 9/30/2022 at 8:31 AM, eb21007 said:

Just read your comment . I will ask him the punch size , solution , turn-over rate of techs etc .

Thx guys 

Does he do slits beforehand like a stick and place or DHI whatever they call it or does he use an implanter pen?

• Thanks 1

On 12/10/2021 at 4:12 PM, eb21007 said:

Hey Guys! about to post a series of pics . I will try to keep them somewhat organized. I will start with my donor stats and what was used.

Dr. Nader stated that 80+ FUs/cm2 is classified as a thick donor area. 

Unfortunately I am only 60-65+ FUs/cm2 ...I had two small FUT ( 1998 and 2008) ...about 2k grafts

Here is the breakdown of what was used for 1726 grafts :

singles: 314

doubles : 1042 

triples : 349

quads : 21

avg 2.04 fu/cm2

As you can see in the photos donor area was shaved ...implant area was cut short ..almost buzzed. I did not ask to keep longer hair or to buzz all the way. Dr. Nader made this decision. I do wish, I could have covered more temples and lower the hairline BUT ...I do not think my donor supply would have allowed this and to have a thick enough result. I feel thickness is more important. Guess I shall see in 2022 .

Who did your first FUT procedures?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2022 at 1:27 AM, JoDimaggio22 said:

Does he do slits beforehand like a stick and place or DHI whatever they call it or does he use an implanter pen?

Somehow I missed this question.. my apologies.

I plan to call him this week and will ask him all of the above 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
On 9/30/2022 at 11:31 PM, eb21007 said:

Thx guys 

How long were the grafts kept out of body and what was the holding solution? Personally I'm not a fan of non shave FUE however that's not to say that this contributed to the results. Anything that makes a surgeon's job easier is always in your best interests. Having said that being offered a refund is almost unheard of in this industry and Dr Nader has lots of excellent results and an excellent reputation. Sometimes it can come down to just an unknown 'X' factor when it comes to surgery. All the best moving forward.

• Like 1