Bisanga or Feriduni (or any other dr)?

Hey folks,

currently a new user so I apologize if this question is redundant. I’m a 24 y/old male who’s currently a Norwood 3 (receding hairline and a bit of diffuse thinning - diffuse thinning started 1 year ago). I’m currently looking for a HT surgeon. I’m torn between dr bisanga and dr feriduni. I’ve been quoted by both to be about 2000-3000max grafts. I know both surgeons are excellent however I’ve struggled to find that much info about dr feriduni in terms of reviews. Dr. Bisanga seems to have the world vouching for him (rightfully so, his work is exceptional). Does anyone have any suggestions about who they think would be good (even a surgeon I haven’t named?) Any thoughts on Dr feriduni?

thanks 

Edit: I've included pictures of my current case.

MEDS: I've done 3 sessions of PRP, 1 more session to come then maintenance phase. PRP actually stopped all shedding and improved crown but for some reason, I've started shedding again. Will be following up with a dematologist as I believe I might have an underlying pathological reason for the shed (my scalp would burn randomly as if I had a sunburn). I have been using topical minoxidil 5% for a couple years. My diffuse thinning actually started when I began using minoxidil but kept using it out of fear since I assumed it was just sheer coincidence. Considering stopping it all together however will be speaking with a dermatologist to determine if that's appropriate.

Background info: My dad has my same hairline and only recently began his diffuse thinning (he's in his 50s). I'm mainly just considering a HT because I've had this hairline since highschool and it's bothered me. Since no recession has occured and my parents/grandparents have decent hair genetics (my dad has 3 brothers and only 1 is a NW 5-6), I'm hopefully that doing something this early will not be detrimental. Only change is the recent diffuse thinning (which began 1 year ago).

Apologies if I'm unclear/unorganized as I hadn't really planned on posting this.

0528B7E6-C418-4C7B-BEC6-7FA4DB50F5FA_1_105_c.jpeg

19D7206A-7FAC-4873-9E18-5C33FE527A70.png

7F9F0C85-A05A-4D98-8D74-45EE5B0C90B4_1_201_a.jpeg

ABCAC26C-F727-4BDC-A793-D2A84390835F_1_201_a.jpeg

3035F1D7-256B-4DE5-9E27-2A25D4AEAE46_1_105_c.jpeg

02898013-6612-4DED-A28B-116B9757D2DB_1_201_a.jpeg

Edited by footypost_22
Included additional information and pictures

When I first started researching I had the same issue: Feriduni or Bisanga? I trawled this and other forums (Italian) looking for reviews but I just couldn't seem to find that many reviews for Feriduni that were recent. Most were a few years old.

I just wondered why such a world renowned doctor all of a sudden didn't have so many reviews. Was it the €5 graft price? Was it the recent flood of "cheaper" alternatives. 

Ultimately I decided on Bisanga due having more recent reviews and finding similar cases to mine on this forum that were very successful. I have booked my surgery for Oct 22'

I don't think you can go wrong with either of them but Bisanga just felt right to me. I am also a NW3 by the way.

I'm in the same boat. Feriduni was popular when I first started researching HT's back in 2016. I ended up choosing another doc for my first HT but I could use a second pass and Feriduni is high on my list. I had an online consulation with him last year and he was honestly the nicest medical professional I think I've ever met. As an example Gasthoerer's crown and hairline work is outstanding; but I agree, it would be nice to see more recent work from Feriduni. I think his donor work, or the work of his team on the donor area is among the best in the business and his hairlines are very natural looking. I'm a big fan but with so many recommendations for Bisanga I can see why people continue to choose him. 

• Administrators

Feriduni has some recent patients @Gasthoerer comes to mind, @Swill also, but Bisanga has many cases that are home runs. You may wanna consider Dr. Mwamba as well, and Dr. De Freitas. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Considering the description of you hair your very young age, you do not seem to be a good candidate for hairtransplant. It is a life long journey. I hope you realize that. I would recommend Bisanga for consultation as he is probably one of the most honest doctors around. I suggest you go into consulttaion well prepared with questions

@Melvin- Moderator, Thanks for mentioning me, but there are quite some recent Feriduni cases in here besides mine (see my case in my signature). Especially some outstanding repairs (see @Swilland @Davy, both outstanding work). But there are even more recent cases in the German forum (alopezie.de), but you need to subscripe to see pictures due to German law.

Nevertheless, I also visited Bisanga and Lupanzula, both also great clinics. Final decision was based on Feriduni matching better with my own goals and he was also willing to start with a very small test surgery. 

But I second the opinion to present your case in here. The first step is always to check if you are a candidate at all. 

Edited by Gasthoerer

On 11/19/2021 at 2:48 AM, andrewfaliro said:

When I first started researching I had the same issue: Feriduni or Bisanga? I trawled this and other forums (Italian) looking for reviews but I just couldn't seem to find that many reviews for Feriduni that were recent. Most were a few years old.

I just wondered why such a world renowned doctor all of a sudden didn't have so many reviews. Was it the €5 graft price? Was it the recent flood of "cheaper" alternatives. 

Ultimately I decided on Bisanga due having more recent reviews and finding similar cases to mine on this forum that were very successful. I have booked my surgery for Oct 22'

I don't think you can go wrong with either of them but Bisanga just felt right to me. I am also a NW3 by the way.

Thanks for your reply man. I appreciate your input

23 hours ago, Mike10 said:

Considering the description of you hair your very young age, you do not seem to be a good candidate for hairtransplant. It is a life long journey. I hope you realize that. I would recommend Bisanga for consultation as he is probably one of the most honest doctors around. I suggest you go into consulttaion well prepared with questions

Thanks for your post Mike. I appreciate your comment because it's quite easy to be naive and jump into something like this unprepared. I've spent a lot of time being critical about this and if it's really needed at my age. As naive as it may sound, i really have been critical throughout looking for a surgeon for the last several years and well aware of what I'm getting into (or at least I'd like to think so)

22 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

@Melvin- Moderator, Thanks for mentioning me, but there are quite some recent Feriduni cases in here besides mine (see my case in my signature). Especially some outstanding repairs (see @Swilland @Davy, both outstanding work). But there are even more recent cases in the German forum (alopezie.de), but you need to subscripe to see pictures due to German law.

Nevertheless, I also visited Bisanga and Lupanzula, both also great clinics. Final decision was based on Feriduni matching better with my own goals and he was also willing to start with a very small test surgery. 

But I second the opinion to present your case in here. The first step is always to check if you are a candidate at all. 

Thanks for your comment! Going to check those out now! I presented my case above (just added that info in). One thing I really liked about Feriduni is that he sent me everything I needed to know in one email which is rather nice. Literally everything about the pre/post procedure, my own case, and additional information for me to know.

On 11/19/2021 at 6:36 AM, bw77 said:

I'm in the same boat. Feriduni was popular when I first started researching HT's back in 2016. I ended up choosing another doc for my first HT but I could use a second pass and Feriduni is high on my list. I had an online consulation with him last year and he was honestly the nicest medical professional I think I've ever met. As an example Gasthoerer's crown and hairline work is outstanding; but I agree, it would be nice to see more recent work from Feriduni. I think his donor work, or the work of his team on the donor area is among the best in the business and his hairlines are very natural looking. I'm a big fan but with so many recommendations for Bisanga I can see why people continue to choose him. 

Feriduni sent me an email with literally everything i need to know for my case and the procedure in general which was amazing. A lot of other clinics had me jump through hoops to even get replies back so Feriduni gave me an excellent first impression right from the start. At this point, I'm simply torn between choosing 2 excellent surgeons. It's likely trying to decide who's better between 2 elite athletes. Can't go wrong with either choice. Thanks for your input!

• Like 1

I am actually exactly 24 years also and looking at getting a HT done by either Feriduni or De Freitas. Feriduni has made an excellent first impression on me, so I'm leaning more towards him now. I also figured that Feriduni has a lot more results posted on German and Italian forums that you might want to check out. 

A lot of really impressive results, in my opinion. But I wish we could see more updates and recent cases on this forum as well!

Edit: If you're using Google Chrome, you can right click and translate the page to English 😄

• 9 months later...