Hairline restoration - Haber or Diep or Nadimi?

Wondering your opinions on who performs a hairline restoration, or zones 1 & 2 more effectively. Haber, Diep, Nadimi. Additionally, what are each of their strengths? I’d love to go with Diep, but the price and schedule that’s currently 6-12 months deters me. Haber is less mentioned but appears to have a large presence on these forums. I’m just diving into Nadimi, but I’ve read good things. I’m located pretty close to Haber and Nadimi, so that is another reason I’m leaning towards them. Are any of them more recommended for zone 1-2 work?

4 hours ago, Coverdale said:

Wondering your opinions on who performs a hairline restoration, or zones 1 & 2 more effectively. Haber, Diep, Nadimi. Additionally, what are each of their strengths? I’d love to go with Diep, but the price and schedule that’s currently 6-12 months deters me. Haber is less mentioned but appears to have a large presence on these forums. I’m just diving into Nadimi, but I’ve read good things. I’m located pretty close to Haber and Nadimi, so that is another reason I’m leaning towards them. Are any of them more recommended for zone 1-2 work?

You are not open to going abroad? I mean you could get one of the absolute best in the world for like 25% of the price in the US.

You havent said anything either if you are going for FUE or FUT?

Do you have any photos of your current hair situation? Could help to guide you abit more.

Edited by digi23

@digi23 unfortunately, no. I have a young child and leaving the country isn’t something I’m comfortable with at his current age. I’ll looking for FUE currently. I believe I’m a N2, moving towards an N3. 39 years old. Pictures are directly after minoxidil foam application, so it looks just more transparent than it normally does.

B863DD52-1939-4471-90BA-3CCACE98B4B4.jpeg

ED97FEC6-495E-41F0-AC50-7141C7B80D2C.jpeg

D20FFB4A-58A1-4AE7-A2A8-0C5634F93C6B.jpeg

68C176B1-1CBB-4B71-813A-B4F1C9221C9F.jpeg

B0B5EE9C-C110-4041-8E9E-C2FB7C0DFCF3.jpeg

0C82F7C1-782E-4E7C-ABDD-C90926729EB8.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Coverdale said:

@digi23 unfortunately, no. I have a young child and leaving the country isn’t something I’m comfortable with at his current age. I’ll looking for FUE currently. I believe I’m a N2, moving towards an N3. 39 years old. Pictures are directly after minoxidil foam application, so it looks just more transparent than it normally does.

B863DD52-1939-4471-90BA-3CCACE98B4B4.jpeg

ED97FEC6-495E-41F0-AC50-7141C7B80D2C.jpeg

D20FFB4A-58A1-4AE7-A2A8-0C5634F93C6B.jpeg

68C176B1-1CBB-4B71-813A-B4F1C9221C9F.jpeg

B0B5EE9C-C110-4041-8E9E-C2FB7C0DFCF3.jpeg

0C82F7C1-782E-4E7C-ABDD-C90926729EB8.jpeg

You are norwood 3 heading towards norwood 5 in my honest opinion. You are going to lose everything here because it has started thinning. FUT is quite popular in the US/Canada, in Europe its mostly FUE

thinning.png

All three of the Drs you mentioned are good choices, they are the top of the top. I would choose Dr Nadimi if it was me, basically because I have seen alot of more detailed reviews of him.

Edited by digi23
  • Thanks 1

@digi23 I fully expect to lose it all within 10 years. I also have a large circular scar in the center, which is where you see no hair. My thinning is currently only from the front to where you can noticeably see it, and the rest is a large scar. That area has been bald since I was 6 years old, but I’m not concerned with covering it. I simply want to keep the crown and hairline. Unfortunately, with the scar I am probably moving much quicker. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

All three of these doctors are excellent and worth consulting. I had two surgeries with Dr. Diep, I can honestly say he saved my hair. That said, consult with all three, ask for examples and then you’ll be in a better position to make a choice. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

8 hours ago, Coverdale said:

I’m a N2, moving towards an N3

you look more like a NW4 at minimum, likely a NW5. at least it looks like you don't have crown loss which is nice. 

It's unlikely you can be restored to a NW 1 with just one surgery, considering your loss. But then again, all 3 are top-tier surgeons so YMMV. 

@SadMan2021 I strongly disagree. I’d say N3 at most. As I said, the photos are directly after foam application of minoxidil, so all of the hair is far more transparent, as it’s wet. Here’s another photo of it being dry. Keep in mind, the entire center of my head is a large bald scar, which would have been covered with hair if I hadn’t had the accident. I know it’s hard to differentiate between hair loss and a scar, but I’m actually not pressed about covering my scar. I simply want to put a halt to the current loss and restore my hairline. 

8ECA5F14-CD9F-48C5-AC3B-A2AB093247F3.jpeg

• Administrators

If I'm being honest, you are definitely not a Norwood 2. I would say you clearly have a Norwood 5 pattern. It's not where you are today, but where you'll ultimately end up, you have to plan surgery for the long-term. Eventually, you will become a Norwood 5, even with meds. It's important you prioritize and plan accordingly.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Melvin is right here.. just cuz u have some hair leftover in the hairline doesn’t meAn u a norwood 2 .. it’s where the balding  area has shown and became noticeable .. definitely norwood 5-6, if not now then at least 5 years from now ..

so plan accordingly .. u can’t stop nature , u can only slow it down ..

the worse part of a hairtransplant is not planning ahead .. how many cases on this forum have u noticed where the immediate results were excellent .. then u see those same people in 3-4 years come back here and complain .. cuz now they have a bald spot in the mid area. 

Are you on finasteride? If not, then you definitely should be on it for a year before thinking about a transplant. You're a NW 3 currently with potential to become a 5 if not on medical therapy. Out of your 3 choices I would undoubtedly choose Nadimi. 

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts