1662 grafts hairline+temples, dr.Bruno Ferreira

Spaceguy

Happy new year everyone!

Some very goood news, 3 days under 2months post op and i can for sure see some early growth, new hairs poping out from the patch that had shedded first and had most shedding! I wasn't expecting to see any growth until 3rd month so this made me quite happy!

Not sure can it been seen like this but they're there 😁

20220101_125119.thumb.jpg.cf6b788fa34471df591121f0d7dff5cd.jpg

• Like 1

Glad to hear you're seeing something already. Looking forward to seeing your update next month.

I fly out Friday for surgery next week with Dr. Ferreira. I'll start a thread soon. Hopefully all goes well. Did they serve you breakfast? Or should I eat prior to surgery? I know they have a really good pastry shop across the street too but just wondering what they did.

3 hours ago, JoeMan said:

Glad to hear you're seeing something already. Looking forward to seeing your update next month.

I fly out Friday for surgery next week with Dr. Ferreira. I'll start a thread soon. Hopefully all goes well. Did they serve you breakfast? Or should I eat prior to surgery? I know they have a really good pastry shop across the street too but just wondering what they did.

Only lunch at clinic, yes there is bakery/pastry shop across the street, eat something light as it says in pre op recommendations.

Lunch at clinic is quite good!

About my growth, yes first hairs did sprout, in the place that shedded first, had a noticable bald patch there, i hope other grafts will follow it in early growth.....will see in a month how it goes!

Good luck and looking forward to see your results!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, JoeMan said:

Forgot to say; after surgery you'll be hungry as hell so prepare some food and snacks at the apartment or use Uber-food delivery (have some money on account cos cash is rarely used upon delivery or cab), anything above 20€ bill and you'll have problem getting change back, so Euro coins and 10/20€ bills only....plenty of restaurants there to choose from when it comes to food delivery.....also tap water is safe to drink!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

2 months 11days:

Just a little update since i'm happy with progress.

I can see a lot of tiny hairs sprouting every few days and keep growing, i observe it in areas that shedded the most. There are a lot of tiny doubles sprouting... I hope by month 4 it will be significat change.

20220115_153843.thumb.jpg.01feb8f83406c43b36b4f15f3273b022.jpg20220115_153836.thumb.jpg.7acbea719d1cd01fad458c10d456e168.jpg20220115_153825.thumb.jpg.1fd5fe95c6efb1f43388c3ae641d4b41.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JC71 said:

You definitely seem to have a fair amount of early growth 👍🏽

Thnx!

Those big ones are one that survived shedding phase and kept growing, for early growth i refer to small tiny ones that sprouted in last week or soo, pics are not of best quality but they are somewhat visible if zoomed....i guess in a few weeks difference should be more visible on pics.

I know i post every nonsense i notice 😅 and thread is not perfect but once i get pre op pics i'll make another thread in Surgeon reviews subforum with more insight in my case. 

• Like 1

Looking good man - I can see the little sprouts you're talking about in between the longer hair that didn't shed. Nearly over the top of the hill now and you should be seeing some more noticeable change beginning in the next 4-6 weeks.

And I think you should just add your pre surgery pics into this thread and keep it going!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, ML488 said:

Redness is basically gone too, right? How long did that take.

It's not completley gone, still visible under certain conditions but not quite noticable.

Mainly noticable redness was gone after 1.5month.

I noticed after applying minox or aloe vera gel it gets more noticable which should be normal since both boost bloodflow.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, SD1984 said:

Looks very solid for 3 months. Hopefully the rest of the grafts sprout by month 4.

21 minutes ago, JDEE0 said:

Looking good man - you'll begin to see more and more hairs popping through the skin in the coming weeks now!

I really hope so, upper part is more dense due to previous HT so i take this lower part as a reference since it was completley bald.

9 minutes ago, Sitries1 said:

Looks good mate. Looking at your post op pics your HT looks way more than 1600 grafts! Maybe he miscalculated and you had a result lol 

In temples i laready had some hairs so it was just fill up, basically only completley blad area was this lower part of hairline.

Also dr.B said i have really really thick hair, like a boar lol....so coverage should be really good!

Looking good! You're definitely turning a corner now. Do people notice that you had anything done at this stage? 

I'm just starting to shed and I'm 23 days Post Op. I knew it was expected but it still sucks lol. Hopefully I'll keep some as only about 30-40% shed so far.

5 minutes ago, JoeMan said:

Looking good! You're definitely turning a corner now. Do people notice that you had anything done at this stage? 

I'm just starting to shed and I'm 23 days Post Op. I knew it was expected but it still sucks lol. Hopefully I'll keep some as only about 30-40% shed so far.

With my graft count, stage of baldness and hairstlye i wore before (plus hair fibers) nobody noticed anything now...

But i noticed it goes quite better with girls now, even young girls in their early 20's are all around me now 😅....upper part of hair is quite fuller now and i add some fibers when i go out. If 90% of transplanted hair grows i'll dich fibers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sitries1 said:

Looks good mate. Looking at your post op pics your HT looks way more than 1600 grafts! Maybe he miscalculated and you had a result lol 

Right. Looks around 2100 ish. He probably through in abdomen extra grafts at no charge which shows he cares about results.

It is a 1660 grafts, techs do separate and count them under the microacope....there is no hidden bonus hehe

I believe ~800 went to the first cm of hairline (15cm x 45-50 grafts) that was bald and rest of it to fill temples that already had some hair.

Originally during consultations dr.B wanted to go with 2500 grafs over frontal third but i said we'll do only ~1500 to lower hairline 1cm and fill temples and rest of it in the second surgery in the future....once he saw my donor hair thickness he was wow this is thick it'll give nice coverage. So 2500grafts once reviewed in person may not be neccessary but it sure cuold fit some more, probably 500-600.

My goal is to do it in small sessioms over time as it will go mostly unoticed, hairline is important and now that's done, anything behind hairline other hair can cover until next surgery.

• Like 1