Norwood 6 - Eugenix or Dr. Bicer?

Hello Members,

I have been doing some research on hair transplant from few months and consulting few of recommended surgeons by this platform. I am currently Norwood 6. So far I have contacted Dr. Yaman, Dr. Bicer and Eugenix. Here is the Summary:

1. Dr. Yaman : Estimated 4500 grafts, Cost 3250€ or 2350€ based on which package i choose. FIN to be taken if not atleast Biotin and Sawpalmetto.

2. Dr. Bicer: 3500 grafts, Cost 5250€ for first operation and after a year 3500€ for second transplant. Surprisingly the clinic has not recommended FIN due to side effects. Also, they did not suggest any alternative like Dr. Yaman clinic.

2. Eugenix: 3000 grafts (Head) + 1000 grafts (beard), Cost around 5250€ for first operation if I go for 120 rupees package with some involvement of Dr. Arika Bansal. They also recommended FIN. I asked for any alternative and yet to hear from them. 

I was almost into Dr. Yaman but now thinking of taking time. Who would be better among Dr. Bicer and Eugenix? Or any other doctor with similar pricing? I have attached some photos below. 

20210919_175714.jpg

20210919_175556.jpg

20210919_181926.jpg

20210919_175516.jpg

Edited by Leo14
spelling mistake

I understand your fear regarding finasteride, I've been there too, but i'm on it for 6 months and I can't see any side effects. I'd say to give it a try, and if you experience any sides just drop it and they will disappear. Regarding the surgeons I can give you my opinion but is based only on the results I've seen on this forum. Between the 3 I would pick Eugenix because I saw a lot of amazing results from them on high norwoods. Also, I've seen that Melvin picked them for his next surgery so if a man with his knowledge picked them, you can do no wrong by choosing them.

@Fabulous I get that. The reason why Melvin would go to Eugenix could be different compared to my case. Also, in Eugenix the doctor is not involved throughout the procedure. I saw Melvin's interview with Dr. Bicer in Instagram and she seemed truthful and a doctor with good knowledge. However, most of the people in this forum suggest Eugenix for Norwood 6 and above. So. confused. 

@Leo14 I see signs that you may have miniaturization in your donor, I would strongly recommend you get on finasteride and minoxidil. 

For one, you never know how much you can regrow to start with.

Two, you need to stabilize your donor if you want a successful transplant, and every graft is precious at your advanced Norwood level. 

• Like 1

You are a Norwood 6 and Dr. Arika is the Queen of Mega Sessions so it should be a no brainer. 

• Like 1

My only hesitation to Hair Transplant procedure is the need for taking Finasteride/Propecia...
I used it many years ago, and my hair was actually coming back by using it, BUT the side-effects were too severe for me, so I flushed all my Finasteride/Propecia down the toilet and never used it again.
Do ALL Hair Transplant surgeons require Finasteride/Propecia to be taken before and after surgery.
If so... then I'm NEVER doing a Hair Transplant... which sucks as I don't wish to be bald anymore.

5 hours ago, AgentX said:

My only hesitation to Hair Transplant procedure is the need for taking Finasteride/Propecia...
I used it many years ago, and my hair was actually coming back by using it, BUT the side-effects were too severe for me, so I flushed all my Finasteride/Propecia down the toilet and never used it again.
Do ALL Hair Transplant surgeons require Finasteride/Propecia to be taken before and after surgery.
If so... then I'm NEVER doing a Hair Transplant... which sucks as I don't wish to be bald anymore.

Have you tried topical finasteride/dutasteride? might be an option!

On 11/2/2021 at 5:00 PM, Portugal25 said:

You are a Norwood 6 and Dr. Arika is the Queen of Mega Sessions so it should be a no brainer. 

Agreed. And if you're Norwood 6, there's little reason for finasteride.... you've already lost most your native hair. Minoxidil would be a good idea, though.

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 11/2/2021 at 3:00 PM, Portugal25 said:

Agreed, the only other clinic I know that has a similar number of high Norwood cases is Hasson and Wong.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

You seem to have retrograde alopecia. Tread carefully, every graft is important. I would use as little scalp hair as possible and insist on using beard/body hair. Most clinics aren't incentivised to worry about how you will look decades from now. They will try to make it look great soon after surgery, because that is when patients express their dissatisfaction the most. If it goes bad over time, they will just say that you should have taken Fin, hairloss is progressive, yada yada yada.

Do you mind stating your age?

Edited by bald-and-bearded

@Leo14 Back to @SLA's question, have your tried topical Fin? The efficacy is very close to oral fin, and haven't met anyone with sides that's taking it. You can do that in combination with oral minoxidil and be in great shape moving forward.

Follow my Journey with Eugenix and Dr Arika Bansal!

Edited by MazAB

• 2 months later...

@MazABIs topical fin relatively new? Could you refer me some topical fin links on amazon? Also is it the same as the one developed by Hasson & Wong sometime back there was post about?

Edited by quantumhair

I recently had a hair transplant at Eugenix. Checkout and let me know your feedback.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/63068-eugenix-3000-grafts-grade-67-my-first-hair-transplant-february-28-2022/

Hasson and Wong developed a topical Dutasteride product which I would highly recommend. Unfortunately, you cannot buy topical fin or dut without a prescription, but if you contact Hasson and Wong directly, or even go to keeps.com, you should be able to get it with a simple online evaluation.