Is HairWorldIstanbul legit?

Hello guys,it's been 2 weeks now and i am trying to find best clinic in turkey for hair transplatation,friend of mine told me about HairWorldIstanbul and they look really legit,using FUE CT.

Anyone had any experience with them?Their price is a bit high,around 5k Eur for 2900grafts,while other clinics quoted me 2-3k for 3500-4000 grafts,i read aswell that those 2900 grafts that they implant are like 4k+ that other clinics do.

Thanks everyone!

• Administrators

I don't know anything about this clinic, but I would suggest taking some time and researching reviews here, most of the time these cheap options are nothing more than hair mills where technicians with minimal training perform the entire surgery. This has been especially lucrative in countries like Turkey and India to an extent. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Friend told you, based on what? His personal experience, story of frienf of friend :) ?  Websites, INST, FB, YT, generally social networks not right placed to find answer on your Q. Only facts = will answer your Q.

Facts = posting thread at this forum, or any other with results like 1 to 10-12 months, with posting progress of recovery, growth , etc. , try search here that clinic, or google about it, find real threads, not fake Greviews, trustpilot, and so on...

Or post real photos of someone who got HT in that clinic, that experienced members here can tell you opinion about that clinic, personally never hear about that clinic... Price not always say enough, even that 5k, "top" clininc in Turkey for 3.5-4k grafts cost 6k and more...

Clinics who offer fixed prices like 2-3k for any amount of grafts = mostly hair mill clinics, who promise all, and all leave on only "promising" even after HT :) , and after HT forget their patients, and no one will like get repair HT in such clinics :), so be careful about your choice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baldy1997 said:

Hello guys,it's been 2 weeks now and i am trying to find best clinic in turkey for hair transplatation,friend of mine told me about HairWorldIstanbul and they look really legit,using FUE CT.

Anyone had any experience with them?Their price is a bit high,around 5k Eur for 2900grafts,while other clinics quoted me 2-3k for 3500-4000 grafts,i read aswell that those 2900 grafts that they implant are like 4k+ that other clinics do.

Thanks everyone!

My only questions is: what have you smoked?

Edited by digi23
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, baldy1997 said:

Didn’t know that people are this rude on here,oh well,nothing can suprise me anymore :D

My intention was not to be rude, but you are telling us that their implantation of 2900 grafts equals 4000+ grafts from other Drs. 

If you believe in this you could basically quit your job tomorrow because probably on your way to work where you are going to give the boss your keys and pick up your stuff someone is going to give you 10 million dollars.

On a more serious note, the place is totally unknown and I would not consider to recommend it to my biggest enemy.

The ONLY Drs to consider in Turkey is Dr Muttalip Keser, Dr Kaan Pekiner, Dr Özlem Bicer, Dr Erkan Demirsoy, Dr Resul Yaman, FueCapilar(Dr Turan & Dr Gur)

Edited by digi23

• Valued Contributor
7 minutes ago, baldy1997 said:

Didn’t know that people are this rude on here,oh well,nothing can suprise me anymore :D

Hey mate,

What do you know/not know about this clinic? You've only talked about the price, which is a big red flag.

Do the lead doctors perform the critical parts of the surgery themselves? Do you know what the critical parts of the surgery are? Is it technician led? How many surgeries do they do per day? Do you they use microscopes to accurately identify the right type of grafts for the appropriate recipient site? What if they can't extract enough single grafts for the finer parts of the recipient areas (hairline, temple points etc)? Are they able to cut the multi grafts into singles? Does their work look refined in so far as micro & macro irregularities in their hairline designs? What do you think of their graft angulations from studying their work? How does their crown reconstruction work look? Are they able to recreate the 'whorl'? Do they have any educational content on issues such as donor management, achievable densities, medical & topical interventions? What do you know about their post-operative care? What happens if the HT doesn't work out well or you don't get the expected results? What's the modus operandi in these circumstances?

Until you have a thorough understanding on these aspects of a HT and why these questions are important, you shouldn't really be thinking too much about which clinic to go to. If you've done some research on these subject already, then do you know the answers to these Q's regarding this particular clinic? You should know these answers regarding any clinic you put on your shortlist.

Are we to assume your username is a reference to you age (23/24)?

4 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

Hey mate,

What do you know/not know about this clinic? You've only talked about the price, which is a big red flag.

Do the lead doctors perform the critical parts of the surgery themselves? Do you know what the critical parts of the surgery are? Is it technician led? How many surgeries do they do per day? Do you they use microscopes to accurately identify the right type of grafts for the appropriate recipient site? What if they can't extract enough single grafts for the finer parts of the recipient areas (hairline, temple points etc)? Are they able to cut the multi grafts into singles? Does their work look refined in so far as micro & macro irregularities in their hairline designs? What do you think of their graft angulations from studying their work? How does their crown reconstruction work look? Are they able to recreate the 'whorl'? Do they have any educational content on issues such as donor management, achievable densities, medical & topical interventions? What do you know about their post-operative care? What happens if the HT doesn't work out well or you don't get the expected results? What's the modus operandi in these circumstances?

Until you have a thorough understanding on these aspects of a HT and why these questions are important, you shouldn't really be thinking too much about which clinic to go to. If you've done some research on these subject already, then do you know the answers to these Q's regarding this particular clinic? You should know these answers regarding any clinic you put on your shortlist.

Are we to assume your username is a reference to you age (23/24)?

Thanks for the kind reply!I will answer tomorrow,yeah i did my research on this clinic.I am 24,correct,there are too many clinics and i just can’t find a perfect one,price isn’t an issue,i just want it to be done perfectly :)

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, baldy1997 said:

Thanks for the kind reply!I will answer tomorrow,yeah i did my research on this clinic.I am 24,correct,there are too many clinics and i just can’t find a perfect one,price isn’t an issue,i just want it to be done perfectly :)

You're still very young. Are you on finasteride? Can you share some pictures. Where do you live?

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Please share pictures both of donor and hairloss.

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

• Valued Contributor
6 minutes ago, baldy1997 said:

I look forward to your response! :)

I will say that I did a quick Google search and their description of their "FUE CT" (a totally made up thing) is completely and utterly ludicrous: https://hairworldistanbul.com/en/het-verschil-tussen-fue-en-fue-ct/

Some of my favourite bits:

"FUE CT technology stands head and shoulders above the other methods currently offered on the market." - Evidence?  A published paper in the literature maybe?

"While the standard FUE technique, like most other methods, is based on a standard and uniform procedure, within the FUE CT technique there are no less than 30 different, unique protocols that were developed as a result of the many recovery operations that Hairworld Istanbul performed." - No details or specifics given of course for these "30"(!!!) "unique" protocols. Just constant references to things that we later learn are not remotely "unique" to this clinic.

"Regardless of our client’s situation, we are now able to perform a perfectly tailored treatment based on the correct protocol, tailored and accurate. And in that we go much further than all other institutions."  - Much further than ALL other institutions. 😂 They're essentially claiming to be the best HT surgery in the world here, whoever they are.

"Furthermore, the strength and versatility of the FUE CT technique is also evident from the fact that we are the only company in the market that has successfully treated a large number of people with frizzy hair"  - The "only company" 🤣 And again... Evidence? Data for this claim? Come on!

"To solve this problem, we developed CTS, or Circulation Treatment Stimulators, a unique, balanced formula of specific vitamins and minerals that are introduced into the scalp after treatment and that stimulate blood flow." - They wouldn't be trying to sell ongoing post operative treatments to their clients that have no supporting published papers for its efficacy by any chance, would they? Quick check... Yes they would.

"CTS has been specially developed by and for Hairworld Istanbul on the basis of a secret formula of which only we know the composition."How convenient.

"The active substances in CTS are produced in Europe exclusively for Hairworld Istanbul and CTS also has an official injectable certificate for which Hairworld Istanbul is the sole registrant." - Oh... so it's just PRP repackaged, then.

"Because in other clinics 3000 grafts are equal to only 3000 hairs, the same number of (multi) grafts at Hairworld Istanbul is equal to more than 8000 hairs." - I'm dying to know which "other clinics" (there's that lack of specifics again!) are extracting 3000 SINGLE GRAFT HAIRS AT A TIME! 3,000 of them... exclusively 🤣

Look, they may be decent. They may in fact be excellent. I honestly don't know. But if this nonsense marketing garbage is anything to go by, I'd be very skeptical.

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor

Just the mere name 'HairWorldIstanbul" gives me the shudders! Not knowing your hair loss but at 24 ANY clinic that is willing to accept you with no caveats and without being on finasteride is a massive warning of itself. I hope you reply back as I am more than happy to run through so many reasons why you should avoid this and what you can do. All the best!

• Like 2

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

I look forward to your response! :)

I will say that I did a quick Google search and their description of their "FUE CT" (a totally made up thing) is completely and utterly ludicrous: https://hairworldistanbul.com/en/het-verschil-tussen-fue-en-fue-ct/

Some of my favourite bits:

"FUE CT technology stands head and shoulders above the other methods currently offered on the market." - Evidence?  A published paper in the literature maybe?

"While the standard FUE technique, like most other methods, is based on a standard and uniform procedure, within the FUE CT technique there are no less than 30 different, unique protocols that were developed as a result of the many recovery operations that Hairworld Istanbul performed." - No details or specifics given of course for these "30"(!!!) "unique" protocols. Just constant references to things that we later learn are not remotely "unique" to this clinic.

"Regardless of our client’s situation, we are now able to perform a perfectly tailored treatment based on the correct protocol, tailored and accurate. And in that we go much further than all other institutions."  - Much further than ALL other institutions. 😂 They're essentially claiming to be the best HT surgery in the world here, whoever they are.

"Furthermore, the strength and versatility of the FUE CT technique is also evident from the fact that we are the only company in the market that has successfully treated a large number of people with frizzy hair"  - The "only company" 🤣 And again... Evidence? Data for this claim? Come on!

"To solve this problem, we developed CTS, or Circulation Treatment Stimulators, a unique, balanced formula of specific vitamins and minerals that are introduced into the scalp after treatment and that stimulate blood flow." - They wouldn't be trying to sell ongoing post operative treatments to their clients that have no supporting published papers for its efficacy by any chance, would they? Quick check... Yes they would.

"CTS has been specially developed by and for Hairworld Istanbul on the basis of a secret formula of which only we know the composition."How convenient.

"The active substances in CTS are produced in Europe exclusively for Hairworld Istanbul and CTS also has an official injectable certificate for which Hairworld Istanbul is the sole registrant." - Oh... so it's just PRP repackaged, then.

"Because in other clinics 3000 grafts are equal to only 3000 hairs, the same number of (multi) grafts at Hairworld Istanbul is equal to more than 8000 hairs." - I'm dying to know which "other clinics" (there's that lack of specifics again!) are extracting 3000 SINGLE GRAFT HAIRS AT A TIME! 3,000 of them... exclusively 🤣

Look, they may be decent. They may in fact be excellent. I honestly don't know. But if this nonsense marketing garbage is anything to go by, I'd be very skeptical.

Well said.

View my thread

@baldy1997 I had my HT in Turkey and I can tell you that it’s the world capital for botched Hair Transplants.

There are hundreds of hairmills that have underpaid technicians with no medical background that could have been driving a taxi the month before doing your surgery.
Each one of these clinic does surgery on dozens of patients every day with zero to little Doctor involvement (although many of them claim otherwise).

It’s a like playing Russian roulette with the outcome of a surgery. 

Everyone is just trying to warn you against making what could be the biggest mistake of your life because this is a irreversible surgery and your donor area is limited so you will be wasting grafts that could be neeed for your subsequent repair surgery.

Please consider at the very least the low cost Doctors that have real patients posting good results  like Demirsoy at 1.25€/graft or Bicer at 1.50€/graft.

Wish you all the best with your surgery and hope you stay clear from clinics and start looking at Doctors that have real patients posting amazing results. 

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 2

In my 1st reply to OP, just tried explain you in which direction to go, in looking for solid HT clinic, good source if you prefere Turkey, is list below,

But think you are very young with 24y for your 1st HT, as period 20-30y is period with progressive loosing of hair, then at 30-40y it slows down, so maybe consult with some of top clinics-doctors, and ask for opinion, send them your photos, donor-recipient area, explain them about your loosing hair history, etc. , generally ask for review your case, and then based on opinion of expert = doctor, decide what to do further, sure more experienced HRN members can give you good advices based on their experiences, don't hurry up, as it can lead you to some things where no undo.

We need some photos and we need to know if you are taking Finasteride.

You say Drs/clinics are telling you 3500-4000 grafts. That is quite aggressive hairloss for 24 years of age.

You know a hair transplant is not a fix for hair loss, first you need to be on medication especially if you are going to be a Norwood 6. Then a hair transplant will basically be worse, because you will get scars and still get bald with possibly not a good enough donor area to transplant the Norwood 6 area to get coverage.

Edited by digi23