Has Hair Greed Got Me? Lighting is everything!

• Valued Contributor

I've had SMP and have friends who have it and also know of four brilliant SMP artists who I equally consider as close friends. SMP performed by the 'Hasson and Wong' of SMP artists creates a look that will last up to five years. A touch up is only if you have spent lots of time with your scalp exposed to the sun, etc. The touch is is only on say the hairline to 'sharpen up' the definition, etc.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, EvoXOhio said:

I’m not going by what the clinic told me, I’m going by what real people on this site told me as well as hundreds or thousands of online testimonials. If you get quality work done you’re not going to need touchups every 2-3 years.  

You might be thinking of trichopigmentation which is a designed to fade or be gone completely in 2-3 years. Some people get that for SMP, but what we are talking about in this thread is the “permanent” kind, not tricho. 

You've done your research and have gotten your results so I'm not going to convince you otherwise. I'm well versed in the difference between SMP and tricho. I'm just trying to keep things in perspective for those reading this thread who are contemplating getting SMP done. Of course it's possible for it to look great well beyond 2-3 years but don't be surprised if the ink fades sooner than that. I'm speaking from personal experience as I've had permanent SMP done to my donor area in November of 2018 and I already need a touch up. It was done by a Scalp Aesthetics SMP accredited provider that uses quality ink designed specifically for micropigmentation. So, I checked all the boxes and still need a touch up before 3 years have passed. 

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

• 1 month later...

Melvin you’re absolutely right about lights. I kind felt similar at one time. Actually the other day I was at LensCrafters looking at some sunglasses. They had like 3-4 spot lights shining down right under where I was standing when I got real close to the mirror. 😳I almost felt like I could start counting because my hair was kinda back and you could see the roots. Most people posting pictures in harsh light on here are really not in that harsh of a light or are at just the right angle that it still looks good. And even in the harshest of light it makes a world of difference if the light is in front of you, behind you or directly above you and that goes also for outside. I appreciate the honesty and this should make other people feel a little bit at ease with their results. That being said you could easily do another 1200-1500 grafts spread out in the front going back. Looks like the very back of your donor is still thick enough. Just do it, you won’t regret it!

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Guy73 said:

Melvin you’re absolutely right about lights. I kind felt similar at one time. Actually the other day I was at LensCrafters looking at some sunglasses. They had like 3-4 spot lights shining down right under where I was standing when I got real close to the mirror. 😳I almost felt like I could start counting because my hair was kinda back and you could see the roots. Most people posting pictures in harsh light on here are really not in that harsh of a light or are at just the right angle that it still looks good. And even in the harshest of light it makes a world of difference if the light is in front of you, behind you or directly above you and that goes also for outside. I appreciate the honesty and this should make other people feel a little bit at ease with their results. That being said you could easily do another 1200-1500 grafts spread out in the front going back. Looks like the very back of your donor is still thick enough. Just do it, you won’t regret it!

I agree, I’ve decided to thicken up the front, hair greed definitely took control 😄

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Honestly, I think the biggest bang for your buck to being more attractive would not be higher density, but instead finding someone who makes very good temporal points.  Getting that little triangle does so much for framing the face. 

the density, ur the only person noticing it probably.

Check out my journey here:

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, Fue3361 said:

Honestly, I think the biggest bang for your buck to being more attractive would not be higher density, but instead finding someone who makes very good temporal points.  Getting that little triangle does so much for framing the face. 

the density, ur the only person noticing it probably.

That’s part of what I’m doing. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

It’s simple really Melvin  ..

you’ll sit down with Drs Bansal and Sethi ...

Youll have a thorough consultation/ examination 

You’ll have your wishlist/plan  as to what you’d like to be achieved ..

The Doctors will have theirs views ..

Then you all agree the Doctors strategy is best 😂