Thoughts on Dr Raghu Reddy?

TheManeMan

I've been following his stuff for a while. I think his latest results (at least the ones shown on social media) look very good. 

To me it seems as though he does very 'soft' hairlines if that makes sense, which makes them appear very natural. They aren't a harsh line and have many singles below/blended in. I also notice that they aren't always packed extremely densely, although I could be wrong.

I wonder how much of the hairline is filled in due to finasteride usage following surgery vs the actual transplant itself?

Has anyone consulted with Dr Reddy? I'm curious to hear opinions on Dr Reddy vs Dr Bisanga. I've seen superb and okay from both, although the majority that I've seen have been closer to superb for both.

reddy.png

Edited by TheManeMan

• Administrators

He’s a fantastic doctor would definitely recommend him.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Imo his a fantastic skilled doctor that's vastly over priced. Can get doctors just as skilled if not more skilled for a fraction of the cost

Edited by Zoobz
Typo

I'm considering travelling to London from Scotland for a consultation with him. Anyone know average cost per graft?

I had hernia surgery in Harley Street in 2007 and know costs there can be ridiculous, largely due to the name

• Administrators
1 hour ago, jay80 said:

I'm considering travelling to London from Scotland for a consultation with him. Anyone know average cost per graft?

I had hernia surgery in Harley Street in 2007 and know costs there can be ridiculous, largely due to the name

I don’t think its a ridiculous cost I believe its 4-5 pound range but don’t quote me on that. He’s fairly priced for his skill in the UK. Of course there are cheaper options, but you’ll have to travel to India or another place rather far. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I don’t think its a ridiculous cost I believe its 4-5 pound range but don’t quote me on that. He’s fairly priced for his skill in the UK. Of course there are cheaper options, but you’ll have to travel to India or another place rather far. 

Thanks Melvin,

Don't think that's expensive at all and I'd be happy with that for his level of skills.

1 hour ago, jay80 said:

Try Dr Arshad in Leeds. £3 per graft. 

12 minutes ago, Marko7t4 said:

Try Dr Arshad in Leeds. £3 per graft. 

Thanks mate. Have seen his work but not sure he's the right guy for me. Think I'm down to 4-5 surgeons I'll consider and Dr Reddy is the only one in the UK. 

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Too low its more like £6-7 per graft. But it’s tough to work out since they tend to go per hair and not graft. 

I think he's an excellent doctor and if money is no object and you insist on staying in the UK then he is the obvious choice. I don't like how he charges by the hair though, do any other doctors do that? There's no more work involved in harvesting/transplanting a 4 hair graft than a single hair graft as far as I'm aware so seems a bit cheeky to price it that way imo.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 10/4/2021 at 12:32 AM, JC71 said:

Yer given a choice between Bisnaga and Reddy ? Bisanga every time ! No contest really…

What makes you say this specifically? His result photographs? Or does he use a different/better technique. 

On 10/10/2021 at 4:05 PM, Navthedon said:

Id avoid him - had my first transplant with him and was thoroughly dissatisfied (esp considering he charges per hair rather than per graft) - go Turkey and save yourself a lot of worry

Interesting, sorry to hear that. When did you have your surgery with him? What aspect were disappointed with?

43 minutes ago, TheManeMan said:

What makes you say this specifically? His result photographs? Or does he use a different/better technique. 

Followed both for the last 12 years, Bisanga is one of the most skilled Drs anywhere in the world. In terms of results and consistency, when it comes to the elite I don’t think many are better than Bisanga. Probably one of the most capable in all types of procedures too, show me someone else who is equally capable/versatile with FUT/FUE/BHT/Afrocentric as well as combo hts. Just my opinion obviously. Reddy is capable but to me they are in different leagues. 

Edited by JC71
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, JC71 said:

@TheManeManJust wondering if you ended up making a choice for your Dr/Clinic yet ? 

Not yet, I've been doing other treatments to maintain while I consult with more Doctors. I've consulted with Eugenix and Dr Bisanga so far. Will see Dr Reddy when I have more free time.

• Like 1

Just now, TheManeMan said:

Not yet, I've been doing other treatments to maintain while I consult with more Doctors. I've consulted with Eugenix and Dr Bisanga so far. Will see Dr Reddy when I have more free time.

Good plan 👍🏽 Always good idea to get as many consultations in as possible. And yeh no need to rush at all. Have you seen Dr Raja ? Just curious as he seems to be doing good work in the UK. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JC71 said:

Good plan 👍🏽 Always good idea to get as many consultations in as possible. And yeh no need to rush at all. Have you seen Dr Raja ? Just curious as he seems to be doing good work in the UK. 

No I've never heard of Dr Raja! Will do some searching on him, thanks for the heads up.

• 3 weeks later...