Asmed Clinic, Cinik Clinik or HLC ? Also, looking for thoughts on their number of graft suggestions.

Hi everyone. 

Long time lurker on these forums.  Been thinking about transplant for a year, and would like to get one this winter.

I've been in contact with 5 clinics. But feel like these three are the best options. Which one though?

Hair loss story and family history:

My hairline thinned out at 24-25, which came as a surprise, since my older brother at 32 has no thinning or recession. My dad at 57, has very thick hair and is a Norwood 2. My grandfathers on both mom and fathers side of the family was also a Norwood 2 at old age. My mother has three brothers. One of them was Norwood 6 a 31, one of them thinned out as a thin Norwood 6 at 60, the third one is a Norwood 2 at 65. 

I've had scalp inflammation since I was 22, and always wondered if this is the reason for my hairloss. I control it with nizoral , selsun blue and stuff, but itchy scalp never really goes completely away.

My hairloss never progressed since I first noticed it at 25, and now at 28 it's the exact same. I am on finasteride for 6 months now,  cause I wanted to see if anything grew back. Not yet. I haven't had any sides and is willing to take it in the future, because the fear of going bald is too strong. I am not sure if it necessary tho. Would love thoughts on this as well. 

Hair Transplant suggestions from clinics:

HLC recommended 3000-3500 grafts.

Asmed 2500-3000 grafts.

Cinik 2500-3000 grafts.

It seems like a lot, since I never get any comments on having thin hair or balding. But most importantly: I don't necessarily want to have as low a hairline as possible. I've always had a big forehead, and my primary concern is to get a symmetrical and highlighted hairline. And I want my thin forelock to be more dense. Asmed also asked me if I wanted to get my temple points restored, but I never had any (might look good tho?). I'd be conservative with the hairline, which I think would be best long time. I wouldn't necessarily make it shorter than it is now, just more straight, without being unnatural.

In short:

Which clinic should I choose? Is the number of graft reasonable?

Appreciate any thoughts and insights!

Skærmbillede 2021-08-23 kl. 09.55.01.png

Skærmbillede 2021-08-23 kl. 09.56.46.png

Skærmbillede 2021-08-23 kl. 09.58.03.png

Skærmbillede 2021-08-23 kl. 09.58.46.png

Skærmbillede 2021-08-23 kl. 09.59.20.png

Skærmbillede 2021-08-23 kl. 09.59.51.png

Skærmbillede 2021-08-23 kl. 10.00.44.png

Skærmbillede 2021-08-23 kl. 10.01.18.png

Please choose HLC or ASMED if your going to choose the top option where Dr Erdogan will be involved. Please don’t choose a “hair mill” like Cinik where your one of multiple patients and will get a tech only procedure. 
If your looking at Turkey then why not consider Dr Bicer ?

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/physician/Turkey/Ozlem-Bicer/694

• Like 1

Agreed with the other posters - for that area 3500 is nuts, even 3000 seems like way too much.

If you're interested in another affordable but still very professional option, Dr. Demirsoy in Turkey comes to mind. There's lots of results on this forum of his you can search for. He was my #1 choice before eventually settling on Eugenix in India, but I would've felt perfectly comfortable with him.

• Like 1

Follow my second hair transplant journey below

Caucasian - 4613 Grafts - Eugenix, Dr. Arika Bansal

14 minutes ago, Mdc2021 said:

Thanks for the comments. Im not too much concerned about price, but more concerned in the correct amount of grafts, and natural looking results.

Well, if price is not a concern, try to choose a surgeon who works on only one patient a day and who is involved in all phases of the procedure, Pekiner, for example, is one of them.

If you are on a "budget" but want excellent quality, I would recommend Dr. Turan or Dr. Gur at Fue Capillar. They do one patient per day, and the Dr. does the whole surgery, all this quality for just a little bit more than the cost of a hairmill clinic like Cinik or Cosmedica... As a matter of fact, if you are a member of the Hair Loss Conquerors FB group, Fue Capillar have consistent amazing results, that are honestly on the same level as a HLC or Bicer quality. 

• Administrators

You should consider Dr. Bisanga, check out @Raphael84 who has similar hair characteristics as you. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Mdc2021 said:

@melvin thanks for the suggestion Melvin. I've reach out to Dr. Bisanga.

Excited to hear his thoughts on grafts and hairline. 

I would say Ian was in a similar situation except your hair is slightly curlier, but skin tone and hair color is very similar 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I got a offer from dr. Bisangas clinic for 2400 grafts. It is double the Price from the clinics in turkey, but it might be worth it to pay more for this clinic. I also really liked @raphael84 results

I really like that it’s closer to my own country, which means I might drive to the clinic and back with a friend or family member. 

they mentioned that they advice that I continue on fin, but I’m unsure if it’s necessary because of my family history, and who knows if I wanna take it 5-10 or 20 years from now. Do you guys have any insights on this? 

Thanks for all the comments and help 🙏

Edited by Mdc2021

11 minutes ago, SeanSouth78 said:

Feriduni is brilliant at hairlines such as yours. Bisanga would be a great choice too. Also, while Belgian clinics charge 21% VAT, if you get a letter from a doctor saying your hair loss is causing you "mental stress" you get that VAT waived. 

And who doesn't stress hair loss?  But the doctor who declares it in writing, do you have to find him in Belgium?

3 minutes ago, Egy said:

And who doesn't stress hair loss?  But the doctor who declares it in writing, do you have to find him in Belgium?

It's a strange rule, but some Belgian clinics won't mention it. Any doctor will do - just make sure it's on headed notepaper and signed. You can send it to the clinic before you book and they will confirm the 21% off. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SeanSouth78 said:

Also, while Belgian clinics charge 21% VAT, if you get a letter from a doctor saying your hair loss is causing you "mental stress" you get that VAT waived. 

Wish I knew this trick a month ago. Also, I believe if the transplant is a "repair" surgery, they can waive the VAT. 

13 hours ago, MachoVato said:

Wish I knew this trick a month ago. Also, I believe if the transplant is a "repair" surgery, they can waive the VAT. 

Strange that they didn't bring it up - possibly worth contacting them and seeing if you can get the 21% refunded if you send them a letter, as they may not pay VAT until the end of the tax year.