May postpone Eugenix Op. for 6 months to year. Thoughts?

GaryStruthers

I have been on Minoxidil foam for 3 weeks, and will start Finasteride (1mg per day) on Aug. 13th. I don't see my Dermatologist until Aug. 25th, so I'm unsure on the best starting dose. I've researched the topic, and it seems that 1mg is a nice starting point, but also like the hype surrounding the 0.25 per day to minimize the sides - would like your input on that. 

I was literally clicks away from adding my deposit with Eugenix for a September transplant, when I read an incredible thread here regarding the regrowth of hair on the "big 3", and more. I realized I hadn't even given that a solid go, and wonder if I should at least try and bring down my quoted graft count from Eugenix. 

I look forward to your advice. 

My routine will be:

MEDS

Finasteride: 1mg per day (after more research, Dr. and forum member advice)

Minoxidil foam: every morning and night accept for Dermapen days.

VITAMINS

Nutrafol: everyday (expensive, but held in high regard)

Collagen: everyday

Hyaluronic Acid: everyday

SHAMPOOS/CONDITIONERS

Nizoral: twice per week

Bellisso Biotin Shampoo&Conditioner: everyday (except Nizoral days)

OTHER

Dermapen: Saturday night (7pm) at this stage. 1.5mil needle length.

Hi there,

In your situation it's a wise choice to wait a bit and see how your regimen works out. It's pretty all-encompassing, so I'd be shocked if something in there didn't have a significant effect. I went through a similar path where I stayed on meds for quite a while while considering a HT - it ended up working exceptionally well as you can see from this thread in another forum. When I finally did go to the clinic for a HT, the rep remarked that he had "never seen somebody show up with more hair" since our original consultation a year back.

Give the regimen an honest go and aim to be consistent, but don't punish yourself if you miss doses. Be patient with the meds - this could be a year or more before you see results. You have a great mentality with trying to use your donor as effectively (and sparingly) as possible, if and when you get surgery.

Also, by doing it this way you'll know that you gave your hair the best possible chance to succeed.

• Thanks 1

Follow my second hair transplant journey below

Caucasian - 4613 Grafts - Eugenix, Dr. Arika Bansal

• Valued Contributor

Surgery is a last resort, so if you feel you have a few options to explore first, then it makes sense to give them a go. Obviously, any parts of your head that are already completely bald aren't going to magically return, but if your hair loss is diffuse then this seems to make sense to me.

• Like 2

once you get on finasteride you should wait at least a year. Personal story: was going to get a HT with Rahal and than was told i need to be on finasteride to get one. got on and waited a year and my hair looks really good after it. still getting a HT though just at Eugenix instead. please got on fin and give it a year. 

Definitely postpone it.... it's widely accepted you should be on the meds for at least a year to stabilise your loss before surgery and generally see how your body copes with the meds. Transplants without meds are risky because you may lose the rest of your hair - although Eugenix are very reputable so would likely take future loss into account. 

I definitely advise starting slow with propecia. Don't dive in. Cut a pill into quarters and take one quarter every few days. Just build it up over weeks and months to where your body is very used to it before you take it daily. 

• Like 1

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

I had seen or read somewhere that its Always wise to run your hormone profile tests , as a precaution so in case of any negative sides from fin , would at least inform the doctor about your baseline levels and hence faster recovery . unfortunately I do not recall where is read this , but it makes sense , in case you need any hormone therapy .

so i would suggest anyone just starting fin to at least talk to your doc about this , I know many guys randomly pop fin but it could be detrimental .

On 8/9/2021 at 6:39 AM, GaryStruthers said:

I have been on Minoxidil foam for 3 weeks, and will start Finasteride (1mg per day) on Aug. 13th. I don't see my Dermatologist until Aug. 25th, so I'm unsure on the best starting dose. I've researched the topic, and it seems that 1mg is a nice starting point, but also like the hype surrounding the 0.25 per day to minimize the sides - would like your input on that. 

I was literally clicks away from adding my deposit with Eugenix for a September transplant, when I read an incredible thread here regarding the regrowth of hair on the "big 3", and more. I realized I hadn't even given that a solid go, and wonder if I should at least try and bring down my quoted graft count from Eugenix. 

I look forward to your advice. 

My routine will be:

MEDS

Finasteride: 1mg per day (after more research, Dr. and forum member advice)

Minoxidil foam: every morning and night accept for Dermapen days.

VITAMINS

Nutrafol: everyday (expensive, but held in high regard)

Collagen: everyday

Hyaluronic Acid: everyday

SHAMPOOS/CONDITIONERS

Nizoral: twice per week

Bellisso Biotin Shampoo&Conditioner: everyday (except Nizoral days)

OTHER

Dermapen: Saturday night (7pm) at this stage. 1.5mil needle length.

Good decision. You should take medications for a year and observe the results. You can go for the transplant if you feel it is required after that. 

• Like 3

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ