Anyone ever do a system behind a natural hairline?

SD1984

Even if the hairline has been transplanted, has anyone ever tried this or have experience with it? I'm pretty sure this is a thing in hollywood that some big time actors have done. Jon Hamm, Matthew Mcconaughey, Ted Danson and Brendan Fraser to name a few.

Edited by SD1984

I strongly believe that this is the best approach when it comes to hair systems. I personally never use a full system on male patients for the obvious reason that system hairlines are never perfect. A hairline from a system is what will make patients remove it as soon as it is attached. To solve this, I actually experimented with a good hair system manufacturer to design the system in a way that starts behind the natural hairline or even the areas that we can transplant. I believe we were among the first to actually demonstrate that and I coined it the “hybrid approach in restoration”. It really solves a lot of issues especially with depleted donor, large areas of loss and patients with high density expectations. 

• Like 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

6 hours ago, SD1984 said:

@DrTBarghouthiThat is a great result (the one from the thread). May I ask where the system is from and what the specs were? I'm assuming it was a bit of a light density system? Thanks.

Thank you for having a look. The gentleman had few failed procedures done and thus his donor area was depleted. We only managed to transplant the first 1.5-2 cm of the frontal zone (hairline and frontal zone). So in general just a 2 cm frontal border. The system was of medium density matching his hair calibre and curl and starts just behind that transplanted area. 

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

I've seen several examples of having a hair transplant in the front and wearing a hair system behind it. It works very well for certain people because if you can get the front hairline to look real then nobody suspects that you are wearing a hair system. The further back you are able to get real/transplanted hair the better it works. For example if you're a NW 6 and don't have enough donor to transplant your entire head, then leaving the crown bald and using a hair system just for the crown is an option. Then some years later when you are older and not so worried about having a thin crown you can get rid of the hair piece and maybe put a small amount of grafts there, so it isn't completely bald. This is a good long term plan for certain younger high NW guys who really want full hair when they are younger.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ML488 said:

This really should be something that is considered more. Looks amazing, and without the worry and maintenance of the hairline, it saves so much time and worry imo.

@DrTBarghouthi Is the system applied with tape or glue?

It can be applied using different tapes or adhesives depending on preference, allergy testing and hair presence (or not). I find tape to be really good if no hair is present at all. For other cases I use a sort of a foam or liquid adhesive. 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

• 10 months later...

I personally deal with a company called Cesare Ragazzi based in Italy. They have a very high end hair system manufacturing facility and all their systems are custom made according to your area of loss. 

• Like 2

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram