3800 Grafts for the first part, Im scared

Z123L

HI

So i had my first transplant back in November in Turkey. They are Called MCAN Clinic and thry cost around 1700 Euros

They said I should have the surgery on two phases, first phases (images below) would be the front part hairline while the other should be the crown.

The first phase they said they took 3800 grafts and in the second part they said theyll take 2000 from the head and around 1000 from the beard.

So Im a smoker, I didnt smoke for 3 days before the surgery and 2 weeks after.

The picture befire last is around 6 months and thd last picture is 7 1/2 month (now).

So i am really worried and I am asking for other opinions and personal experience because im planning to do the second phase with the same clinic.. what do you think? 

93E6A232-8F19-41C4-B9DD-B5F015C6DC7D.jpeg

0E9EC3F3-FA7A-4775-BBAA-35371FA945FF.jpeg

EB1804D8-5739-44C0-A59D-83F623A472B2.jpeg

CF3FDFFD-3280-4A0C-B47D-75EB4240E4FB.jpeg

4FF6A353-B21E-416A-AE96-15F97751B9CC.jpeg

Please under no circumstances go back ! These are a very low cost “hair mill” and you can do so much better ! 
You could consider Dr Bicer instead. One person per day/Dr fully involved and is recommended by the forum.

Check out the following also:

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp?sr=HRN-MOB

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Like 2

I think you need to be on finasteride and minoxidil first and foremost, otherwise you will continue to lose hair. You also need to stabilize your donor as you are headed to what appears to be Norwood 6 or 7.

• Like 1

🖐️ Your standard is super low if u think this is a good or average result.. go ahead n use the rest of ur remaining grafts to save some money n get the same sub-par results .. u messed up n now u want to go back .. makes no sense 

1 hour ago, Legend007 said:

No point in going on finasteride . He barely has any hair left to save ..

That's not true and is bad advice. Based on OPs before pic, he may benefit a lot from fin, min and derma rolling.

Also the transplanted hair can be affected by DHT and the medications should be considered for post op patients. Also OP is 7.5 months into his post op results and there is more hair still growing in, still four or more months before we see his final results. You haven't seen his donor area either.

We all know that a 1,700 euro surgery of 3,800 grafts is crazy cheap and unlikely to lead to a top result but don't let that interfere with giving OP the best advice possible. He should be discouraged from returning to an unknown hair mill as John posted. His remaining donor hair should be managed by a trusted clinic, but he also needs to consider getting on fin, min and other treatments. All is not lost here.

Edited by Mark Wolfer
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Legend007 said:

Y would he go on  fin now when he lost most his hair .. don’t u think he would of went that route 5-10 years ago ? If he wanted to go on meds . 

Yes, of course prevention is always ideal.

But he can still strengthen his donor for a future procedure, as well as straightening what he has on top at the moment. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Legend007 said:

Y would he go on  fin now when he lost most his hair .. don’t u think he would of went that route 5-10 years ago ? If he wanted to go on meds . 

A good point to make if we had time machines.

• Haha 1

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, Legend007 said:

I agree, medication is to be used to prevent further hair loss. Once you’ve lost most of it, the risk vs. reward is very little. 

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

If this is 3800 grafts, with this less coverage, then the transection rate was very high. 

My advice: don't go back. Find another good clinic. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrMunibAhmad said:

If this is 3800 grafts, with this less coverage, then the transection rate was very high. 

My advice: don't go back. Find another good clinic. 

Agreed. You can make a much better (informed) choice next time ! 👌

Hi guys,

Thanks for the feedback

To be fair the picture was a little wet so this is just now 6 hours after a wash and after walking around doing errands.

So to be fair i know the clinic is a bit cheap but i looked them up and they seemed to be pretty good and mostly known. They are called MCAN HEALTH i think theyre international...

So i know my donor is not that big so it was a hard one but considering i may be seeing delayed growth and its not even 10 months yet theres still density left and i can feel it...

I am trying to avoid fenasteride considering its side affects and since the clinic also did not mention it...

I also took minoxidil several months but had little to no effect with me. I am not upset with the results so far i am just being patient and either way is better than before. Besides there no harm that has been done that cannot be made up in the next transplant

58730552-B62C-4CF9-958D-483B89F45155.jpeg

Your result isn’t great but it’s not awful .. at least u have some hair now .. but compare yours to Melvin .. he has about the same amount of grafts in the frontal mid n hairline as yours .. the difference is drastic . But then again so is the cost ..  but no don’t go back to the same doctor .. 

save some money n don’t cheap out on yourself .. 

So who would you recommend considering this is the second transplant and the donor area may be at risk? does anyone else have the same experience and also has used beard hair as well? I have heard of Dr Yaman, but i am afraid after reading some reviews with the donor area being compromised...

• Administrators

Have you considered strip? Where do you live?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

I gave the link above for all the forum recommended clinics. From that list I would consult with Eugenix, Bicer, BHR and Vertex. If you consider FUT then Hattingen do some awesome work ! Dr Zarev is someone else I find pretty impressive. 

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Have you considered strip? Where do you live?

No, I havent, i think strip would not seem natural up close. 

I live in Egypt, although there may be some cheaper clinics here, the surgeons use unprofessional extractors, the operation is too risky for me here and i chose turkey for safety, quality per price.

9 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

gave the link above for all the forum recommended clinics. From that list I would consult with Eugenix, Bicer, BHR and Vertex. If you consider FUT then Hattingen do some awesome work ! Dr Zarev is someone else I find pretty impressive. 

Thanks so much, unfortunately I think only Bicer is in turkey - which is where I already have a visa to go to in the next two months. I looked at BICER and its priced around 3500 euro which is too much considering I think the lower amount of grafts compared to other clinics. This is why it becomes frustrating. 

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, Z123L said:

No, I havent, i think strip would not seem natural up close. 

I live in Egypt, although there may be some cheaper clinics here, the surgeons use unprofessional extractors, the operation is too risky for me here and i chose turkey for safety, quality per price.

Thanks so much, unfortunately I think only Bicer is in turkey - which is where I already have a visa to go to in the next two months. I looked at BICER and its priced around 3500 euro which is too much considering I think the lower amount of grafts compared to other clinics. This is why it becomes frustrating. 

Contact @DrTBarghouthi from Jordan, he performs both strip and FUE, he may be the best to let you know which technique is best. I believe you’d probably get more hair with strip.

• Like 2

View my thread

3 hours ago, Z123L said:

Look at how you are feeling about the results of your first surgery. You titled your post "I'm scared".

Imagine if you had paid twice as much and got twice as much hair in the final result.

It is way more expensive to lose good donor hairs, no amount of future earnings will bring those back.

• Valued Contributor

You should definitely consider @DrTBarghouthi if you are from Egypt. If you are considering using beard grafts I would also recommend Eugenix. But first of all I would wait at least 12 months and see how this procedure pans out. If you can tolerate finasteride your donor hair will benefit as well as your crown to an extent. If you didn't experience side effects then it's worth reconsidering.

• Like 1

Please feel free to contact me anytime and hopefully we can come up with a suitable plan. In al cases you will need to wait a bit longer anyway. 

• Like 2

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram