Is it worth it to go to hair transplant with Norwood type 6

7 hours ago, Marko said:

Hair system? Like a wig?

Hair systems have come a long way…the quality ones no longer look like wigs.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Marko said:

I'm 180cm around 80kg

Good thing is that I workout (not much but enough to look decent), so people are usually afraid of me or at least have that stereotypical opinion about bald guys, which is kinda interesting xD
And also baldness doesn't bother me that much, literally nobody ever mentioned it or tried to joke about it (because well I look little bit harsh), never had any love or business problems because of it

I would like to have some hair if possible, that's all, but I see it's not possible

Do nothing, as I said it’s never a bad choice. Seems like you’re already in a good place. You’re not a good candidate for surgery, forget about HTs. Keep shaving it suits you 🙌🏼

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Do nothing, as I said it’s never a bad choice. Seems like you’re already in a good place. You’re not a good candidate for surgery, forget about HTs. Keep shaving it suits you 🙌🏼

This 👌

• Like 3

• Moderators

It sounds like you are OK with being bald, but would rather have hair if you can get a decent amount of it. If that's the case then I will tell you to forget about a hair transplant or any other hair remedies and stay bald. If you had more existing hair to work with then I'd tell you to go for it, but with your limited donor and since you aren't extremely depressed about the bald look then you will save yourself a lot of money, time, and trouble by staying the way you are. You would feel a lot worse if you ended up with a bad result or even just a small improvement that would make you still feel bald and end up shaving your head anyway, but have to possibly deal with some scars that wouldn't have been there plus the fact that it cost you thousands of dollars. Have a great life.

Edited by BeHappy
  • Like 4

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

All the advice you've received to avoid a HT is sound.  Also, the shaved head and beard look works for you, so just embrace it.  If anything maybe try minoxidil and/or low dose fin to see if it can thicken things up for you.  SMP is an option as well but be careful as there are many clinics who deliver awful results.  If you are in Europe look into Milena Lardi's Beauty Medical practice.  

• Like 3

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I feel he just needs around 5000 grafts for full coverage. I feel a transplant upto mid scalp is still possible using scalp froM safe zone and beard. I am curious Why is this not an option? I myself was grade 7 bald to begin with. I have now got hair till mid scalp.

Sorry but saying there is generally no opportunity for this situation is wrong. It always depends on customers expectations, budget and how much "pain" in terms of process- time he is willing to take...

A bald forehead looks always bad. So for some people a front half with sparse hair as a buzz cut could already make the difference for the proper person. We should not alwasys consider the opinion only from a NW 2 which has made his head full again with 2500 grafts.

4 minutes ago, Rocketman1 said:

Sorry but saying there is generally no opportunity for this situation is wrong. It always depends on customers expectations, budget and how much "pain" in terms of process- time he is willing to take...

Agree with this!

5 minutes ago, Rocketman1 said:

A bald forehead looks always bad. 

Disagree with this! 😉 Some bald guys look badass, and I think the OP fits into this category.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

5 minutes ago, aaron1234 said:

Agree with this!

Disagree with this! 😉 Some bald guys look badass, and I think the OP fits into this category.

You will be surpsised as i agree with your disagreement, BUT haviong hair on the forehead is always the better option. 😉

16 hours ago, MachoVato said:

Are you on finasteride or minoxidil?

That would be the absolute first step.

Nop nothing, I don't really want to take a medicine for baldness

33 minutes ago, Marko said:

Nop nothing, I don't really want to take a medicine for baldness

You have an aggresive hair loss, and wihout any medical treatment your hair loss will progress. Your donor area looks weak and you have a huge recipient area. So no chances to achieve a decent result without any medicine in your case and with this aggressive hair loss. The best option you have is to shave your head and maybe try Scalp Micropigmentation. 

• Administrators
On 6/20/2021 at 10:23 AM, Marko said:

I'm not the hotest but I'm totally fine with my baldness

200789478_547389669952546_5512032040471499740_n.jpg

You look good man, grow the beard slightly longer and it would look great.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Yep, a nicely trimmed goatee would compliment your look…😉

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY