Fin around trying to conceive

Deanomag

Hi , I’ve stopped taking fin for about 6 months now as we have been trying to conceive, but it’s not happened and seems we could be trying for a while. 
my hair has thinned around transplant and started to notice it. I don’t want to lose to much hair where I won’t be able to get it back !! But obviously don’t want to put any chances or baby at risk. We only really have sex around ovulation times .. can I use and stop about a week before each month ??? 

also how much hair would I lose in another 6 months etc ?? 

4 hours ago, Deanomag said:

.. can I use and stop about a week before each month ??? 

@DrTBarghouthi

4 hours ago, Deanomag said:

Everyone’s rate of loss is unique so unfortunately you’re asking how long is a piece of string. 

You could use the last 6 months as an indication, may be the most accurate way of coming up with a rough guess, although like a Wall Street disclaimer, past history is no indicator to the future performance. 

I think it is agreed to an extent, that on average, the older you are, the slower the balding rate hits. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Deanomag said:

Hi , I’ve stopped taking fin for about 6 months now as we have been trying to conceive, but it’s not happened and seems we could be trying for a while. 
my hair has thinned around transplant and started to notice it. I don’t want to lose to much hair where I won’t be able to get it back !! But obviously don’t want to put any chances or baby at risk. We only really have sex around ovulation times .. can I use and stop about a week before each month ??? 

Thanks for the mention. Finasteride is dangerous to the baby if taken by women or handled by them. It has no teratogenic effects if taken by men nor will it be transferred by sperm to the embryo. Nonetheless, having concerns is understandable and I think just avoiding  its use around ovulation is perfectly fine and reasonable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

I asked the same question on this forum many years ago. General advice was that it would have no impact to mother and baby. Obviously as the doctor mentioned, the pills should never be touched by them.

I am a father of 2 healthy baby boys. For the first I cut my fin intake in half and 2nd I was using as normal. 

Note I was 28 y/o when I had my first and 31 with my second. 

Edited by hairlosscpa
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1st Procedure, Oct. 2012 - 1,704 grafts FUT w/Dr. True

2nd Procedure, Sept. 2015 - 2500 grafts FUE w/Dr. Vories

FUE Progress - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180966-my-experience-w-dr-vories-2-500-grafts.html

FUE 1 year result - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184716-1-year-results-2-500-grafts-w-dr-vories.html

• Administrators

I don’t believe there’s any issue with it transferring to the baby or to your partner. But it does make you less fertile. If you’re having difficulty conceiving I’d probably hold off. Everyone is different. You may want to consider topical fin. @DrTBarghouthi maybe Dr. Barghouthi can advise if that would be a good alternative.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I don’t believe there’s any issue with it transferring to the baby or to your partner. But it does make you less fertile. If you’re having difficulty conceiving I’d probably hold off. Everyone is different. You may want to consider topical fin. @DrTBarghouthi maybe Dr. Barghouthi can advise if that would be a good alternative.

Thanks Melvin , I didn’t know you could get topical fin ?? 

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, Deanomag said:

Can you get it in the uk ??

I believe you can get it from Dr. Bisanga. Maybe Ian knows more, believe he’s in the UK @Raphael84

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 9 months later...
28 minutes ago, tammyglan said:

Why do you only have sex during ovulation? Do you think such a tense and nervous state will help you conceive a child?

Why do you create new accounts to dig up old topics?

33 minutes ago, tammyglan said:

Why do you only have sex during ovulation? Do you think such a tense and nervous state will help you conceive a child?

Stopped taking fin and we have plenty of sex not sure what that has to do with you though ? Very strange question probably someone with no partner or sex life ? 

1 hour ago, Deanomag said:

Stopped taking fin and we have plenty of sex not sure what that has to do with you though ? Very strange question probably someone with no partner or sex life ? 

LOL, that poster is probably another one of the little anti-finasteride crowd. They lurk around and create or bump old topics to help stoke fear and paranoia about taking finasteride.

• 2 weeks later...