Dr. Patrick Mwamba (Fue Clinic) - Over 9,000 grafts - 24th & 25th of May 2021

Good for you man - the work looks super clean, and your hairline design is great. 

What are/when are the plans to address the crown? Do you mind sharing a photo of you with your hair system on, out of interest. 

• Thanks 1

Day 6 post op.. Today I will be travelling back home, I'm healing up much quicker than anticipated which is great! The redness is almost non existent, and scabs are at a minimum, and whatever scabs i have are very small..... I will be taking it easy today, paying attention to my surroundings and making sure not to lift to heavy.... another night of broken sleep due to discomfort in the donor area, it is 100% due to the bruising but other than that it basically looks as though nothing has even happened ! Im looking into buying a laser cap to speed up recovery further... oh and I could swear that the prp has already made an impact on the existing hair ... its looking thicker to me, but we shall see ! 

Day 7 post op

I'm back home, everyone cant believe it... its now as though I've not even had surgery! I'm still in some discomfort when sleeping but it is subsiding now. No side effects so far from medication either... i just wish I could start exercising now, and enjoy the sunshine without wearing a daft cap. But that's all just trivial... I am for lack of a better word, ecstatic! A new man.

20210601_103721.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/30/2021 at 7:52 AM, Curious25 said:

Do you mind sharing a photo of you with your hair system on, out of interest. 

It still amazes me how undetectable modern day hair systems are!

Best of luck with your growing!

• Thanks 1

Day 9 and Improving rapidly... the pain has subsided loads and sleeping is getting easier! I am able to gently rub the area now, but I will continue to just wash gently as I want to give it a little longer to anchor.... 

20210603_104601.jpg

• Like 2

Day 10, things are starting to really clean up nice, the skin is coming off now, looks like couscous ! No blood or anything, I reluctantly started to massage the area to start loosening the dead skin, it's a daunting part as I don't want to risk dislodging any grafts, but I'm sure after 10 days the are secure by now ? Any thoughts on this would be appreciated... ive also received my toppik fibers today, this is another issue, would it be safe to use now or should i wait a little longer to apply fibers ? Also exercise, so many conflicting ideas out there, I'm think of starting my routine again as of Monday, this is 13 days post op... id greatly appreciate opinions on both those burning questions... whats your opinion time frames for working out and applying hair fibers ! Look forward to your answers.... FYI I've not experienced any side effects so far from medication... 

20210604_112557.jpg

Edited by captaincalico

Just now, captaincalico said:

Ahh great thanks for the reply! OK well I will refrain from putting in fibers till Monday.. I think all the skin should be gone by then .... in regards to exercise do you think Monday which is day 13 will be OK? 

When you say exercise please can you elaborate ? 🙏

• Thanks 1

I only do bodyweight and running, so push ups pull ups dips with a run included .... never heavy weights, 

But I do alot of high volume 

So most days I do 

200 pull ups 

300 to 500 pressups 

200 dips 

3 to 6 mile run 

Maybe if I half this routine I should be ok ?

Ahh great thanks man, I'll get back on it as of Monday then ! On another note I was just gently brushing the skin off my head and a couple hairs came off with it ... im guessing that's the shedding faze starting already?

First few hairs have fallen out ... I can tell already I'm going to hate the shock loss phase.... can anyone tell me if this is normal loss and not permanent just from these pictures? Same hair I just took the skin off the second pic 

20210604_185908.jpg

20210604_190010.jpg