Dr. Patrick Mwamba (Fue Clinic) - Over 9,000 grafts - 24th & 25th of May 2021

Just now, JohnAC71 said:

Yup me also 😕

Don’t mean to hijack this thread so this is my last comment. I find salicylic acid shampoo helps a bit. Have you ever tried it? Nizoral has come out with a psoriasis shampoo in the US with sal acid and tea tree in it. I like it a lot

• Thanks 1

Hey guys, bit of a weird one but I was feeding this bird outside my house and then it jumped onto my head, I was wearing a cap, but it’s cut my head a little with its claw …. Now I’m a little worried I may get an infection or damage the hair ? It’s been nearly a month since the transplant… I understand this is a very unusual worry haha

121994CB-3D6D-4A30-988C-E3BE8B6F5A57.jpeg

E32B3DBB-C948-4F02-84E7-4B91F2D923F6.jpeg

• Administrators
On 6/19/2021 at 2:49 PM, mustang said:

Really curious on how you will respond to topical dutasteride within 6 months

A lot of hair to be brought back to life back there

The bird story is a first one

Curious as well, if there’s any significant growth. 

@captaincalico thanks for sharing man, definitely following this thread 🙌🏼

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

So far so good still, I do have a few questions … scalp is slightly red, the skin is bumpy in areas and I have what I believe to be a couple in grown hairs ? Or maybe hairs that haven’t quite broken through … any tips on these please … thanks lads 

On 6/22/2021 at 11:28 AM, captaincalico said:

So far so good still, I do have a few questions … scalp is slightly red, the skin is bumpy in areas and I have what I believe to be a couple in grown hairs ? Or maybe hairs that haven’t quite broken through … any tips on these please … thanks lads 

The scalp may remain red for a while. Pimples and ingrown hairs are pretty common. Maybe aloe Vera to help, but run it by your clinic first.

Just over 5 weeks now and I really feel that my hair is responding to treatment, it may just be me but I feel it is definitely working ! I have attached the picture from post op to a picture I took today and you can clearly tell it’s working 37506BB8-270E-4D91-91B8-D9C11BC36D8B.thumb.jpeg.1f143eb3988266b6f73ed1a4f1f34e42.jpeg

8A8C71E2-5A28-4238-AAE8-04B26EE21D7C.jpeg

• Like 2

Hair has seemed to have lost its darkness a little which is odd, but it’s definitely thickening ! Ha no but it was actually reported by several others on a community page that it was too tame and had been taken into a sanctuary for re hab 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Week 7 …. Closing in on two months… can’t wait for that apparent 3rd month sudden growth …. Meds are definitely helping and I feel they are speeding things up … can already see some new growth and the existing hair is thickening ,,,, excuse the sun burnt face ! And yes I wear a hat every Time I go out in the sun … the redness is just the redness from surgery which is taking longer than I thought it would to go 

27CD6980-C715-4FE2-B994-5C466B1FA108.jpeg

1362EE7C-734A-42DB-88AA-030833D3E265.jpeg

8FA8B7E2-69CF-44E5-8A30-744327C22BA0.jpeg

• Like 2

• Administrators

I definitely see some growth.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...