Help choosing one of these clinics

I've decided I can't take it anymore and I want to get an FUE hair transplant. I've narrowed it down to a few clinics and need help choosing the best one. I'm 28 and a Norwood II-III. I live in Florida and I don't want to spend more than $5,000USD for the transplant. I only want doctors performing the transplant and I'm looking for the most natural looking hairline. I'm leaning toward a Spanish doctor since I speak fluent Spanish but I don't know if I can afford one.

In no particular order:

HLC Hairline Clinic - Turkey

Nader Medical, Dr. Luis Nader - México

Clínica de Freitas, Dr. De Freitas - Spain

FUExpert, Dr. Juan Couto - Spain

I know Dr. Couto has extremely high demand and has a 1 year+ waiting list. He's also expensive from what I've read. More wishful thinking on my part but I thought I'd list him anyway. I feel like I'm forgetting one other Spanish doctor but I can't for the life of me remember who. 

Is $5,000 for 2-3k grafts just wishful thinking on my part when it comes to prices in Spain? I don't know how many I would need I'm just assuming around that many from the Norwood scale.

If any of you have been to one of these clinics please share your experience.

Edited by GiveMeFUE

The one you're missing is Dr Lorenzo.

I don't think 5G will be enough except for maybe the first two.

Dr Demirsoy in Turkey is an option.  He seems to be one of the more ethical ones and at a fairly low price.  But don't just go to him off the back of that.  You need to like his results and believe in his abilities.

Other than that, keep saving for a Dr you really want.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• Administrators

I honestly think De Freitas is in another league. I’m very impressed by Dr. Cuoto, but I believe he’s put his clinic on pause. IMO go with De Freitas.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

HLC is €2.5/graft.
De Freitas is €3.5/graft.
I think Cuoto and Lorenzo charge €5/graft.
Nader is cheaper, but I don't know exact prices.

Your budget is kinda low. At that point, I would consider Dr. Bicer. 

You have the second part right and not the first. Consult with these doctors, see which one is the best fit for you. Then look at price. If you spend a few grand more for a result you're happy with you'll never think about the money. But if you spend a few grand less on a subpar result then you'll def think about the money. Personally, I like Freitas and Demirsoy given your options. Good luck.

• Like 1

FUT procedure w/ Dr. K (2012)
Second FUT, Dr. K, Nov. 2020 (mini update)
Third procedure, FUE, Dr. K, 03/21, 400 beard to scar (latest update)

• Administrators
1 hour ago, MachoVato said:

HLC is €2.5/graft.
De Freitas is €3.5/graft.
I think Cuoto and Lorenzo charge €5/graft.
Nader is cheaper, but I don't know exact prices.

Your budget is kinda low. At that point, I would consider Dr. Bicer. 

Actually De Freitas is 2.5 for 1000+ grafts. So unless you need under 1000 grafts the cost is 2.5 for De Freitas.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks for the info everyone. If I need to I can pay more but I do not want to get into the $7k+ territory. I'm going to send photos of my hair to HLC, Nader Medical, and Clínica de Freitas one of these days. I'll post an update after I hear back from them.

• Like 1

I emailed HLC and the other clinics. I also sent them photos. HLC was very quick to reply and said I would need 2400-2800 grafts. 2.7 euro per graft or if I come on a day they select they will charge 2.5 euro per graft.

Edit: Deleted some stuff after I read email from HLC again.

I'm still waiting to hear from Dr. Nader and Dr. De Freitas. I will say that the consultation form on Dr. Nader's website is very thorough. They ask you for your medical history, if you are prone to keloid scarring, what medications you're taking, what your goal is with the transplant, when you started noticing your hair loss, if you exercise, smoke, and more. That's a good sign to me. His reviews are also great but he doesn't have many compared to HLC and Dr. De Freitas.

Edited by GiveMeFUE

On 4/13/2021 at 7:50 AM, GiveMeFUE said:

I've decided I can't take it anymore and I want to get an FUE hair transplant. I've narrowed it down to a few clinics and need help choosing the best one. I'm 28 and a Norwood II-III. I live in Florida and I don't want to spend more than $5,000USD for the transplant. I only want doctors performing the transplant and I'm looking for the most natural looking hairline. I'm leaning toward a Spanish doctor since I speak fluent Spanish but I don't know if I can afford one.

In no particular order:

HLC Hairline Clinic - Turkey

Nader Medical, Dr. Luis Nader - México

Clínica de Freitas, Dr. De Freitas - Spain

FUExpert, Dr. Juan Couto - Spain

I know Dr. Couto has extremely high demand and has a 1 year+ waiting list. He's also expensive from what I've read. More wishful thinking on my part but I thought I'd list him anyway. I feel like I'm forgetting one other Spanish doctor but I can't for the life of me remember who. 

Is $5,000 for 2-3k grafts just wishful thinking on my part when it comes to prices in Spain? I don't know how many I would need I'm just assuming around that many from the Norwood scale.

If any of you have been to one of these clinics please share your experience.

My recommendation:

1. Fue expert. Dr. Couto

2. HLC

3. Freitas

I dont know about the mexican dr. 

But I would recommend you to maybe rise a little bit the budget and go to HLC. If money/patience is a dealbreaker for you then discard Couto. I already asked for a appointment with him 1 month ago and he gave me for october 2022. I had my surgery at HLC 2 months and a half ago so is impossible for me to know the result so far but Im sure my temples can be better, and Couto is the best for that.