Hairline repair needed and donor stocking

I have been talking to Dr.mwamba a lot after i got over harvested in turkey and was going to him at the end of this month, but due to the corona it had to be postponed.
Have you considered the idea of smp in the donor area bro?

I was against it from the beginning, but he recommended it to save as much BHT graphs as possible and that you then have more to "stock" around to use it on the recepeint area

• Like 1

@Ajamilo hey Brother, 

i thought about that too but I’m against it as well. I would rather let my hair grow longer over there. 
but yes I guess he is right. We should use every hair for the hairline and midsclap and crown. 
maybe one day we have cloning and we can correct the overharvesting. 

can I ask you, how you contacted the clinic? 

3 hours ago, Doflamingo said:

@Sean

where do u live bro? 
i don’t take finasteride because I will not support it. Even if it is effective. As long as we use it, they will continue producing it and don’t look for better alternatives. But that’s another topic. 

I just looked at your pictures of your surgery. You only made one surgery right? With dr rahal? Did he even use nape hair for you? 
i think it has to be a mix of nape hair and scalp hair. I don’t think That only nape hair alone will be effective, that’s why I don’t want to remove all the grafts from my hairline. It has to be a mix of both. Scalp hair plus nape hair. 

I mean just let’s take some facts! 

Fact nr 1. dr konior uses nape hair and he creates in my opinion the most beautiful hairlines. 

Fact nr 2. @mustang used nape hair for his hairline and they survived plus he used some of those also for scars, where it is even more challenging than in other parts. His growth was above 95%. 

Fact nr 3. Dr Zarev used chest hair, for a patient with pseudopelade of brocq and created  amazing results. Around 65% survived cause some of them were in telogen phase. But the results he achieved looks better than what most surgeons achieved with scalp hair. 
Besides that, his patient aren’t even prescribed finasteride or minox! This is a very important fact here because when i watch the Spain doctors videos, almost all of them get prescribed finasteride pre and post surgery. This will change the outcome of the surgery. 

@Sean I don’t know what happened to you. Would be nice if you could tell me. But u don’t have to give up hope because with time new methods came which maybe give guys like us the chance to use nape or bht with good survival Rates 

NJ area

Yes, Dr Konior has nice hairlines, but i am trying to find ones that used nape that are not on finasteride or rogaine.  I havent personally seen nape results on here or many that clearly indicate.

Since you will not use finasteride, it will be good to see growth of true nape, as rogaine and finasteride can regrow finer vellus hairs, which can be mistaken for nape hairs.  Those using these meds could have regrowth of natural finer vellus hairs to a noticeable degree and can cause variances.  

I haven’t seen Mustangs, but wondering if hair texture and caliber via microns is similar to most folks.  How much nape was taken? How many grafts as they are only one hair grafts?  Was a motorized or manual punch used, this will be interesting to see what yielded the success.  

Dr Zarev, i havent seen the chest hair result and yes due to bht, most folks are not prescribed finasteride as it can alter growth cycles for body hairs.  They (bht) may shed, when scalp hair grow, vice versa and have completely different growth cycles due to finasteride.  I was told not to take it by the doctor when he did nape and chest and beard.  

the surgeries and growth with chest hair is extremely rare to see online, esp if within your particular hair type and micron density . I have seen folks that are slick bald that had chest and other hairs but they had more than 10,000 grafts and it is still see through and sparse.  Aside from That it is harder to control direction and angles with that hair when implanting.  And some folks i saw had extremely thick chest hair even then it was see through result on a bald head.  

i had 2 with the surgeon you mentioned, but third was with Umar and chest, nae, beard hairs were used, it made area look even more unnatural and shocked some of my other hairs it seems.  My goals were not met and it was evident there was further damage to scalp it seems.  Rahal seemed to be unhappy about the ordeal, but now I looking for ways to correct it properly so I can live with peace.  Some surgeons mentioned other approaches and it may require resection to other things, but ultimately small procedures 2-3 to maybe get it fixed and those surgeons I spoke with say it can be done but they have to do it with care.  After being let down, you can imagine the anxiety in getting in the chair.  In any case, some of my photos went missing from my thread and i havent gotten around to making a thorough report.  I will probably make one in time after when I can get repaired successfully.  It helps documenting surgeries, and if you forget to catch up, it can add to lots of headaches going through data and emails, chats, monthly pictures go organize it all.  Based on this, you should continue to keep a good log and it will help you tons. 

You learn a lot in this industry and realize a lot.  Can’t rely on clinic posted results or anyone that has vested interests with clinics, discount surgeries, free surgeries, high defense relationships online, and etc.  Talking to folks who have no interest are hard to find and sometimes will give it to folks as is.  I am just one of the folks that have been through hell and would not want anyone to go through it.  Don’t take anything I say as an argument, as I am not trying to come Off like that.  I was in the shoes where I relied heavy on what some docs said and promised and I am In a bad spot today.  Ive spoken to numerous industry experts and definitely, my procedures could have been done differently etc etc.  

In any case, it is imperative, you get this in writing from any doc-  i would like to confirm if nape hairs in my hairline will be permanent and grow in same yield as scalp hair.  Do they have same growth cycles?  Do they look natural and will they answer my goals in one surgery?  Will they transition well with my native hairs?  Are there any risks with native hairs?  What are your yields with other body hairs? 

seriously wish you best with this and Dr Mwamba is good

• Like 2

Damn bro I’m really sorry for that. I can feel your pain. Not being happy three surgeries would make me totally angry and turn me to a monster. 

there are only two doctors I would trust in this case now. 
either go to doctor konior or go to dr Zarev. 
your Next surgeon should be your last surgeon! 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Getting nape hair can be problematic especially without fin. Chest hair and BHT in general is hit or miss. Beard hair to a lesser extent. I’d be very careful looking at one particular successful BHT case from any surgeon. In my opinion, in Europe, Feriduni has done amazing repairs. De Freitas simply amazes me. Remember lists and names are starting points for research. Who ever you choose remember to ask to meet with a patient in person, and if possible a repair patient. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

For me Feriduni is a great choice he is a master of repairs and hairlines in general. I don't think bodyhair is a necessity for this part.

Once this is done, you can plan a second surgery. If bodyhair is required, you need a different surgeon, like you mentioned Bisanga, Mwamba.

• Like 1

My suggestion would be not to simply lower and camouflage the hairline, but I believe you need to remove improperly placed or pluggy grafts via FUE, and recreate a more refined and feathered hairline. I saw a few Bisagna repair cases on here where that was done and his work was meticulous. Best of luck

• Like 1

On 3/17/2021 at 11:00 AM, Doflamingo said:

Damn bro I’m really sorry for that. I can feel your pain. Not being happy three surgeries would make me totally angry and turn me to a monster. 

there are only two doctors I would trust in this case now. 
either go to doctor konior or go to dr Zarev. 
your Next surgeon should be your last surgeon! 

Thank you!  I hope you get the right surgeon for this and your goals are met as you discussed them.  Remember, stay alert for folks that are promoting their docs if they've had surgeries and they go back to them over and over when things were expected to be done the first time around.  Chances are deals are struck and you want to find neutral honest folks. After the covid control situation, I should be available to show the effects and donor and all in person.  Esp when it comes to the nape, body, beard and etc with my hair type.  How to see pitting and ridging and etc.  

I am taking a look at few routes but we will see.  Will keep you updated.  I agree, Konior  does great hairlines too.  

remember, lateral slit matters for recipient sites.  Aside from that you don’t want hairs going in all sorts of directions in hairline.  Groupings have to be accurate.  The last you need is to look like you got an electric shock or woke up from bed when you set and style your hair to go out.  This can be evident with other hairs.  There should be no density patches to make it seems you have losses as if there has been some sort of fungal infection.  This is both for recipient zones and donor zones.  You also should not have to worry about going into a pool and then seeing massive density losses after any type of body hair transplantation. Aside froM that, the recipient zone skin should not be in a lighter colored hue due to excessive scarring.  It may be hyperpigmented due to excessive trauma if areas are reworked.  

wish you the best and will be looking out for your updates

• Like 1