My journey at HLC (Ankara). 3100 grafts

6 hours ago, bloodhound said:

They offered me a free touch up and I am still thinking about what I will do. I agree this isn’t the ideal outcome despite some members here saying it’s due to how you comb your hair lol. At least 12 months is up and you can get another one hopefully. 

Thats up to you! I wont get touched again by the same ones who gave me this result at that high graft cost and at that donnor treatment. That is for sure.

9 minutes ago, EvansLawrence said:

Thats up to you! I wont get touched again by the same ones who gave me this result at that high graft cost and at that donnor treatment. That is for sure.

I see your going to Cotelessa, they do pre-set graft numbers is that right?

On 3/16/2022 at 3:33 PM, EvansLawrence said:

Update: i had on the 25th of February a phone call with Engin (HLC patient coordinator) and sent him the pics. We agreed on waiting for the managers to check the pics but I told him already that I want partial reinbursment. 

He mentiom about me "saying lies about the clinic on social media" which is not truth. I have a spanish friend who goes by mesiasss4 on youtube and we shared by our point of view my process on HLC. Sharing your opinion on youtube or here is just part of our rights and freedom. As long as I dont lie everything is ok, cause you can agree or disagree just as people agree with me here and others dont. And its just fine. 

3 weeks later I still wait for my answer. Havent received any message yet and honestly this looks just like they are forgetting about me.

I upload a pic of me at month 12th. End of recovery. Final result. You guys tell if this is acceptable at 2.5€/graft. And a total of 3157 grafts.

Screenshot_20220316-143211_WhatsApp.jpg

You put a lot of grafts and your area was quite small. You should expect a better density considering the amount of grafts and your hairloss problem. Especially for this high price of 2.5 euro/graft this is not acceptable at all. HLC should offer a free touchup or money refund.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Gramatik said:

You put a lot of grafts and your area was quite small. You should expect a better density considering the amount of grafts and your hairloss problem. Especially for this high price of 2.5 euro/graft this is not acceptable at all. HLC should offer a free touchup or money refund.

I know

15 hours ago, JoeMan said:

Honestly I'd consider a touch up with HLC. Although they might not be your favorite now, they have every reason to get this right now. Looks like you won't require much to fix the spots of low density. 

I think you really want to lower your hairline but I think it looks fine. Are your results perfect? No.

Can HLC make good on this? Probably. 

I highly doubt that they will refund anything, especially 50%. I'd be shocked if they offer any money considering it looks decent.

Either way, I wish you luck and please keep us posted on what happens. Thanks for sharing 👍 

Decent? For real?

59 minutes ago, EvansLawrence said:

Decent? For real?

When I look at the before pictures and 8 month pictures, it's clearly better. From months 8 on, you seem to highlight the weak areas which I understand are real. I believe HLC owes you a touch up but to say that this is a complete failure is just not true in my opinion. But it's your hair and your money that was spent so clearly you have every right to feel the way you want. I truly wish you luck getting it fixed. 

7 hours ago, JoeMan said:

When I look at the before pictures and 8 month pictures, it's clearly better. From months 8 on, you seem to highlight the weak areas which I understand are real. I believe HLC owes you a touch up but to say that this is a complete failure is just not true in my opinion. But it's your hair and your money that was spent so clearly you have every right to feel the way you want. I truly wish you luck getting it fixed. 

Never said it was a complete failure I dont know where u got that from.

7 hours ago, JoeMan said:

But ofc I wont let the same surgeons who did me this and spent 3157 grafts for this small area touch again my head. Specially after not a decent donnor treatment.

17 minutes ago, EvansLawrence said:

Never said it was a complete failure I dont know where u got that from.

Well I assumed that you thought so considering that you are asking for 5K€ back on a 8K€ hair transplant. That would mean that it's over a 60% failure. Sorry if I misunderstood but it sure seemed like you are extremely unhappy. 

I can understand your frustration @EvansLawrence about not having the perfect density or donor management. But these are always subjective and they take time to consider — which you gave it the full year. You have a spot that was addressed but the results you wanted were not met. HLC is honoring their part in fixing it but you do not wish to pursue to go back to them hence you are going to someone else I take it. 

The way I see it… it seems from reading you do not take medication which is vital, your age for consideration of future (hair loss is still extremely prevalent), and the way the hair is styled/hair texture. Hair transplants are not made for perfection and shouldn’t be accustomed to that idea. It’s an illusion of density and will have some margin of error no matter who performs it (as unfortunate as it is).

what is done is done and I hope you find the next best solution that helps to put this behind you and move forward. I hope you the best and please keep us updated in your decisions so we can have as many types of discussions open for future references. Whether good/bad- information is power

• Like 1

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

2 minutes ago, Vann said:

I can understand your frustration @EvansLawrence about not having the perfect density or donor management. But these are always subjective and they take time to consider — which you gave it the full year. You have a spot that was addressed but the results you wanted were not met. HLC is honoring their part in fixing it but you do not wish to pursue to go back to them hence you are going to someone else I take it. 

The way I see it… it seems from reading you do not take medication which is vital, your age for consideration of future (hair loss is still extremely prevalent), and the way the hair is styled/hair texture. Hair transplants are not made for perfection and shouldn’t be accustomed to that idea. It’s an illusion of density and will have some margin of error no matter who performs it (as unfortunate as it is).

what is done is done and I hope you find the next best solution that helps to put this behind you and move forward. I hope you the best and please keep us updated in your decisions so we can have as many types of discussions open for future references. Whether good/bad- information is power

Well said 👏 

I truly hope that you get your hair to your liking, whether through HLC or another Dr. Your post is important and highlights that HT are not always perfect. I hope you don't think that I'm discounting your issues because I think that HLC could've done better. I just feel like it can be fixed. If they offer to repair your hair and you say no, I'm not sure they'll offer you money instead. It seems to be very uncommon for money to be offered. But honestly, I hope you can get something back if that pleases you. Please keep us posted. 

7 minutes ago, Vann said:

Read again the post. U are mistaken. I cant remember all times I said not only I take medication but also I added finasteride, ketoconazol and switched to oral minoxidil.

18 minutes ago, JoeMan said:

Well I assumed that you thought so considering that you are asking for 5K€ back on a 8K€ hair transplant. That would mean that it's over a 60% failure. Sorry if I misunderstood but it sure seemed like you are extremely unhappy. 

I am as anyone who spends 8k and 3157 grafts would be with similar result. Specially when I was misslead by many sources claiming HLC was a elite class clinic. 

Considering the clinic that will do my repair suegery says I would need 1K grafts to add density in already implanted areas I can speculate the survival was quite bad. 1K grafts equals to 2.5K €, but ofc the donnor is not unlimited so also has a price. Yes 5K€ seems quite legit. 

If the lack od density was, lets say, just about 200 grafts in a specific zone and the donnor was properly treated I would ofc be happy to go to HLC for a free touch up. But the case is quite oposite.

• Like 1

• Administrators

This is an acceptable result in my opinion. Every picture you take is with your hair spread apart, which isn’t a fair depiction of the actual results.

Nevertheless, if you look at your pre-op, you’ve had your hairline lowered a considerable amount. The frontal zone looks good. I’ve probably asked 3-4 times for you to share pictures with angles similar to your pre-op, but every time you post a picture with your hair spread apart. 

Here’s a depiction of what you’re doing: 

Hair spread, scalp visible. 

03C86FBC-8C23-41EE-AA6C-0923ED3EA48A.jpeg

Vs. Hair Normal

9AEE2FD0-7E88-4A76-9AD9-D282127282E2.jpeg

You also only post one angle, when the entire hairline was restored.

65D0237E-BB3C-4CA1-938C-4A5CF7EA568E.jpeg

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 3/20/2022 at 9:08 PM, JoeMan said:

Honestly I'd consider a touch up with HLC. Although they might not be your favorite now, they have every reason to get this right now. Looks like you won't require much to fix the spots of low density. 

I think you really want to lower your hairline but I think it looks fine. Are your results perfect? No.

Can HLC make good on this? Probably. 

I highly doubt that they will refund anything, especially 50%. I'd be shocked if they offer any money considering it looks decent.

Either way, I wish you luck and please keep us posted on what happens. Thanks for sharing 👍 

Is it wise to get a touch up at the same place that didn’t deliver on the results to such a notable degree, what if what didn’t go right the first time happens again?

If they offer a free touch-up I would accept it. HLC isn't a hair mill, probably they know what went wrong and how to fix it.
Also, they have a pretty solid reputation and by offering you this touch-up they want, above all, to wash up their image and send a message to their potential clients, like: Look, even there's a small chance it won't look fine at first we can fix it afterwards.

• Like 3

On 3/29/2022 at 3:36 PM, Fabulous said:

If they offer a free touch-up I would accept it. HLC isn't a hair mill, probably they know what went wrong and how to fix it.
Also, they have a pretty solid reputation and by offering you this touch-up they want, above all, to wash up their image and send a message to their potential clients, like: Look, even there's a small chance it won't look fine at first we can fix it afterwards.

Do clinics need to shave your scalp down again for a top up? Or can you get away without shaving anything off the top while getting new grafts put in?

1 hour ago, SeanToman said:

Do clinics need to shave your scalp down again for a top up? Or can you get away without shaving anything off the top while getting new grafts put in?

I'm not sure if HLC does no-shave implantation. Shaving the donor area would need to be done, of course. I'd imagine implanting 300-400 grafts to boost density would make a significant improvement here, but yeah, I understand the concern about shaving the recipient area again.

On 3/28/2022 at 7:06 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

This is an acceptable result in my opinion. Every picture you take is with your hair spread apart, which isn’t a fair depiction of the actual results.

Nevertheless, if you look at your pre-op, you’ve had your hairline lowered a considerable amount. The frontal zone looks good. I’ve probably asked 3-4 times for you to share pictures with angles similar to your pre-op, but every time you post a picture with your hair spread apart. 

Here’s a depiction of what you’re doing: 

Hair spread, scalp visible. 

03C86FBC-8C23-41EE-AA6C-0923ED3EA48A.jpeg

Vs. Hair Normal

9AEE2FD0-7E88-4A76-9AD9-D282127282E2.jpeg

You also only post one angle, when the entire hairline was restored.

65D0237E-BB3C-4CA1-938C-4A5CF7EA568E.jpeg

Yeah I agree with you. The result is acceptable but depends for what. For what HLC claims to be, for Dr.Couto, for Dr. Freitas, for Bisanga.... it would not be acceptable in my opinion. If you go to a low cost/regular clinic then yes. 

Ofc I show the lack of density and if you need to see pics of my hair without showing it/normal styled you can go back to month 5 and after it. Although those pics dont really show the reality. When HLC shows their cases online they do it at natural light and showing from all angles, same way Dr. Couto or Freitas do. And you can see there is hair everywhere. Unlike my case.

• Administrators

To be honest, I don’t think you can compare HLC to Cuoto, De Freitas, or Bisanga, that’s like saying Valencia a Europa team is the same quality as Barcelona, a champions league team. 

I think HLC is a good option in Turkey, and one of the better clinics in Turkey, but they’re not elite in my opinion, or comparable to the best in Europe. 

Clinics will always display their best cases, but there are other variables at play, that will affect the appearance of density. Hair transplants aren’t perfect, and every patient can nitpick results, even the best results. Perfect density is not realistic, that’s why it’s called the illusion of density. 

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/21/2021 at 10:53 PM, EvansLawrence said:

Oh I understand. Well money goes normally with quality but not always. Plus its about 3800 € or more cause the blood test and medication are not inlcuided. This is a new doctor who has worked with De Freitas for 2 years, then in other clinic and now she has her new and own clinic. She is starting and still young, therefore she can not charge as much. But if you see her cases you freak out. Is not 100% sure yet but she will most likely be my choice.

who is she? Cotelessa?

My only concern about HLC is they use sometimes too many grafts (especially for small areas).
That said, I think your results were very good.
I show your pics to a friend of mine, full of hair, aesthetic doc.
He said that your HLC was perfect to him.

You decided to completely change the shape of your hairline with couto, working on temporal peaks and brining you to a NW 0. Good for you, but that doesn't mean HLC didn't give you a good HT.
You call your 2th op a repair. That is not a repair. In any meaning you want to consider the word "repair", it is not.

• 2 months later...
On 11/30/2023 at 6:44 PM, duchaine said:

My only concern about HLC is they use sometimes too many grafts (especially for small areas).
That said, I think your results were very good.
I show your pics to a friend of mine, full of hair, aesthetic doc.
He said that your HLC was perfect to him.

You decided to completely change the shape of your hairline with couto, working on temporal peaks and brining you to a NW 0. Good for you, but that doesn't mean HLC didn't give you a good HT.
You call your 2th op a repair. That is not a repair. In any meaning you want to consider the word "repair", it is not.

In spanish "cirugía capilar de reparación" means repair hair surgery. Here is the official document from the clinic:

Presupuestofuexpert.thumb.jpg.927429666efaabeba07738ecd9d4185d.jpg

And the final result, although you chose the best pic, is this as well:

IMG_7404.thumb.JPG.a7df46c28d2e1467941b914a15f0b7f8.JPGIMG_7406.thumb.JPG.ae624a4563cc32a8ae5cc1497ef55e80.JPG

Touch ups are normally done in a small area were survival was not the best, my "touch up" was done in all the hlc's implantation area (plus temples ofc):

IMG_7458.thumb.JPG.e52480f95f69c9a8257c49e086c73268.JPGIMG_7459.thumb.JPG.de1fb6519972ebf98241c319e00dbd63.JPG

that being said, let everybody think what they want!

I dont know why people have this annoyment about me having the freedom to share my thoughts here about the fact that in my opinion, 3157 grafts for an area that was not very big and dindt got the best survival was too much...! Had I got the 50grafts/cm2 density hlc works with I wouldn't have need all those grafts implanted there. 

I know I didnt have a dissaster done and ended up better than before after all. Couto himselft told me that although density wasn't the best, I didnt had a dissaster after all, and that the previous surgery wasn't a bad one, and I agree!.  But I wasnt super happy neither with my final result, nor with hlc's attitude when I told them.This is the last thing I will say about that surgery and that clinic. Have  nice one.

Edited by EvansLawrence