Is Women's Regaine the same as Men's?

• Administrators

Are you sure it’s 5%? Women’s formula is usually 2%

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Rossybop said:

5% foam, brother!

Screenshot_20210123-192320_Advertsie.jpg

It’s the same thing

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

36 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

It’s the same thing

Amazing news. Are you 100% bro? Its about twice as pricey. I also think it has slightly different ingredients. So long as it doesn't upset anything I will go buy it, I'm only 1 month into the men's stuff.

42 minutes ago, Rossybop said:

Amazing news. Are you 100% bro? Its about twice as pricey

Its called the "pink tax", and its not just rogaine, alot of products targeted towards women tend to be more expensive than the equivalents for men.

Edited by ciaus
  • Like 1

It’s the same. However, in a 5% foam preparation for women- a once daily dose is enough so that bottle lasts them 2 months, while for men ideally twice daily and would last you a month. I guess that gave the company a chance to double the price given that it lasts them longer. 

• Like 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

The pricing problem is primarily because women are too agreeable. You tell a man you're going to charge him 2x because he's only using it 1/2 as much and alot more of them are going to be telling the company to go pound sand. And then finding someone somewhere willing to operate at a lower profit margin. Being more disagreeable does have its advantages at times, thank you to all that extra testosterone we men have. :D

• Haha 1

Just wanted to share this quick.. I recently purchased men’s 5% rogaine off of an amazon dealer and it all looked the same as the ones I’ve always bought before. However, pretty quickly it started to give me a burning & irritated scalp I hadn’t experienced before. I called rogaine right away to confirm that it was a legitimate product and the woman told me it was just an “older” version of rogAin. I couldn’t quite understand what that meant, but either the stuff itself was old and losing its potency or The entire formulation itself was older version of their min. Either way I then went to Costco and bought the same 5% Rogaine and since then do not experience any of those effects. So just try if you can to get it from an actual retailer rather than someone selling it third party. 

Edited by TorontoMan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ciaus said:

Its called the "pink tax", and its not just rogaine, alot of products targeted towards women tend to be more expensive than the equivalents for men.

Wow! You're enlightening me here. I have never heard of the "pink tax." I didn't know that female cosmetics were more expensive for no apparent reason other than the fact that they are for females. It seems very unfair but I guess sadly that's the world we live in.

2 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

It’s the same. However, in a 5% foam preparation for women- a once daily dose is enough so that bottle lasts them 2 months, while for men ideally twice daily and would last you a month. I guess that gave the company a chance to double the price given that it lasts them longer. 

Exactly the same you say. Cool, thanks! I'll go buy it. I wonder why are women only reccomended to use it once a day rather than twice a day?

It seems unethical to double the price for attaching a women's label to it but I guess that's just the greedy world of business.

1 hour ago, ciaus said:

The pricing problem is primarily because women are too agreeable. You tell a man you're going to charge him 2x because he's only using it 1/2 as much and alot more of them are going to be telling the company to go pound sand. And then finding someone somewhere willing to operate at a lower profit margin. Being more disagreeable does have its advantages at times, thank you to all that extra testosterone we men have. :D

I was thinking that myself and it totally makes sense. If Regaine became too pricey I'd say most men would just say "f**k it" and they wouldn't use it. Even though its already pricey enough lol.

1 hour ago, TorontoMan said:

Just wanted to share this quick.. I recently purchased men’s 5% rogaine off of an amazon dealer and it all looked the same as the ones I’ve always bought before. However, pretty quickly it started to give me a burning & irritated scalp I hadn’t experienced before. I called rogaine right away to confirm that it was a legitimate product and the woman told me it was just an “older” version of rogAin. I couldn’t quite understand what that meant, but either the stuff itself was old and losing its potency or The entire formulation itself was older version of their min. Either way I then went to Costco and bought the same 5% Rogaine and since then do not experience any of those effects. So just try if you can to get it from an actual retailer rather than someone selling it third party. 

Cool man that's interesting. Wtf, like! It all sounds a bit f**kd up. The fun never ends here does it lol!?

This bottle of women's Regaine is legit, a girl bought two bottles of it at a local shop and just doesn't want to use it any more.