How Many Grafts Per cm2 for Density? Dr. Bisanga and Dr. Konior

• Administrators

• Like 8

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, TorontoMan said:

Quick Q.. how many microns is considered a thick hair, medium & fine ?

Good question, I had a graph, let me try and find it. 50 microns is thin for sure.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

@Melvin-ModeratorThanks for posting this. I am new to how HTs work, but I understand the concept of what's explained in the video. However most of the results i see of patients are of scalps with large bald areas to operate on. Im curious how I can achieve density when large areas are well covered, but with miniaturized hairs?

Edited by cloudyhaze

@Melvin-Moderator

Great job with the video. It really highlights the key points and understanding in regards to density. All three doctors added very valuable points to consider. 
I really hope that this video gathers some exposure as it is a very important element for patients to better understand.

On the same subject, donor limitations and extent of loss will also influence the approach. In a Norwood 6 patient who is looking to achieve as much coverage as possible, a lower density would naturally be required to allow grafts to cover more surface area.

There are many unique factors to every patient and the important "take away" is not to focus entirely on one element of surgery.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

On 1/16/2021 at 10:26 PM, DenverBuff1989 said:

Interesting when Dr. Nadimi says cm/area can depend on thickness of follicle. That makes sense logically, but what about if those follicles naturally thin with age.

Regardless of density placed, the ageing process will thin our hair, even in individuals who have not experienced hair loss. In most cases, this thinning with age will be consistent throughout the scalp and therefore will stay "relative" with the overall visuals of thinning of scalp hair.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• Administrators
13 hours ago, cloudyhaze said:

@Melvin-ModeratorThanks for posting this. I am new to how HTs work, but I understand the concept of what's explained in the video. However most of the results i see of patients are of scalps with large bald areas to operate on. Im curious how I can achieve density when large areas are well covered, but with miniaturized hairs?

I’m not sure I understand your question. 

View my thread

47 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I’m not sure I understand your question. 

Hey @Melvin-Moderator! Im trying to understand how I can achieve density with a HT when there are large areas of miniaturized hairs taking up surface area.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, cloudyhaze said:

Hey @Melvin-Moderator! Im trying to understand how I can achieve density with a HT when there are large areas of miniaturized hairs taking up surface area.

Finasteride usage first, and then concentrate on one area, not the whole area. 

View my thread