3127 FUE grafts- 8 months results- Dr. Taleb Barghouthi- Vertex Hair clinic

Dear community,

This is a 38 year old gentleman who had his FUE HT done in December 2019 . He is a NW 7 with a family history of the same. His donor area is good with good hair calibre. We decided to attempt  a two staged  coverage. We started with the Frontal and midscalp areas initially with around 3127 grafts. Photos were taken few months ago at around 8 months from surgery. Patient placed on finasteride 1 mg alternate days. 

Surgical details:

FUE 0.9 mm punch

Hairline 400 refined single hairs

2727 multiple grafts

Total: 3127 with an average of 2.91 hairs/graft. 

Sites made using 0.8 mm and 1.4 mm Sapphire blades. 

IMG_6785.thumb.jpg.73bcce7babf18dac641262fb5dac1590.jpg

IMG_6784.thumb.jpg.c18119d7c0e02f0e595ae78b7f0b7787.jpg

99C0738C-706C-4BA4-A50A-8DE6D89CFDD7.thumb.jpg.b3d00d83bf329b957fc68d1da7d7fd51.jpg

C4E0ED0E-3EBA-4411-AA45-EF0F7C85EADE.thumb.jpg.76049c37b4fa59982482baada77c86bc.jpg

6AFC8D07-E5A0-4B80-A0F0-79B3CB96B4E6.thumb.jpg.d512c7e7917cf7feb250034ffead2b2d.jpg

• Like 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

• Administrators

Great growth, at 8 months he still has a lot maturation to go 👏🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Just now, Coady said:

NICE. Manual or motrorised ?

Motorized. I use a slow setting motorized device. 

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

1 hour ago, Coady said:

very good. most doctors are using motorized now seems manual is a thing of the past now. 

I dont honestly see an advantage of one over the other. I feel more comfortable with motorized on specific settings and a foot pedal to control better. It is also more time efficient and less hand fatigue for me personally. 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

26 minutes ago, UnbaldEagle said:

I simply love these feathered hairlines. Great result.

We tried to stay higher given his advanced loss and to get part of his existing hair to feather his new hairline. Thank you all for your comments. 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

3 minutes ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

We tried to stay higher given his advanced loss and to get part of his existing hair to feather his new hairline. Thank you all for your comments. 

That's actually a very ingenious solution. Even if you refine singles and even if you select the thinnest among these (not a lot of surgeons do this), you still can't beat what nature has given you, so it's best to just keep some of that. :) Even some of the best results will still have some minor HT-iness about them, if you compare them to a perfectly virgin native hairline. Nothing that's perceivable to the layman, people who haven't seen 1000s of HT results.

• Like 1

BTW, imagine if this patient went to a hairmill where there's absolutely no consideration or means to refine a hairline and ended up having those quads and quintuples (I noticed he had a fair number of these) in his front rows.

Sorry about these little derailing remarks, all I'm trying to say is it's a fantastic result. 😁

Edited by UnbaldEagle
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, UnbaldEagle said:

That's actually a very ingenious solution. Even if you refine singles and even if you select the thinnest among these (not a lot of surgeons do this), you still can't beat what nature has given you, so it's best to just keep some of that. :) Even some of the best results will still have some minor HT-iness about them, if you compare them to a perfectly virgin native hairline. Nothing that's perceivable to the layman, people who haven't seen 1000s of HT results.

Totally agree! Nothing can ever beat nature and if there’s a way to make use of what is there then I think we should!

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

• 2 months later...

Given his high average hairs/graft, we actually managed to take around 2500 more from the donor and beard. I will post results soon to update you regarding his crown coverage. 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

13 hours ago, Huncholini said:

Another pretty impressive result, I'm a real fan of your work Dr Barghouti!

Thank you 🙏🏻

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

11 hours ago, WildBlueberry said:

Looks great doctor! What do you think the yield is? Looks very high

I think the yield was extremely good and probably over 95% .

His hairs/graft average was extremely good too. 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

• Moderators

Is that a 6 hair graft? I never seen that before.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Indeed. Extremely rare. I think I've seen it in him and another person. Has a good number of 5s though which is still great. 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

• 1 month later...

Dear community,

As an update, the patient underwent crown restoration. As you can see, he has a limited donor total area but good hair characteristics. I decided to bring the crown in size from outside in and leave a smaller balding area in the center to make things more blended. We used both scalp and beard hair. 

Total grafts: 2395

Scalp: 1724

Beard 671

1's : 327

2's: 344

3's: 743

4's: 775

5's: 206

hairs/graft average: 3.07 

Photos showing the crown area before and during the course of his progress around 4-5 months from surgery. 

Before: 

IMG_1289.thumb.jpg.d3ed647126376cb23d1dd2bf14065ce1.jpg

Immediately after: 

IMG_1330.thumb.jpg.3c6b1f8f7db92f5677fdbcae38ec688c.jpg

10 days after: 

IMG_1596.thumb.jpg.1bad4727ae902333f1fcb3622992bb79.jpg

4-5 months:

IMG_8874.thumb.jpg.e318a939f177a998f38f29f1ee77682f.jpg

• Like 2

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

• Administrators

Cannot wait to see the full results, looks fantastic 👏🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Looking great @DrTBarghouthi!

A couple of questions...

1. Did you consider FUT with this patient? What was the reason FUE was chosen?

2. After these 2 procedures, does the OP have any donor hair (either scalp of beard) left for the future?

Thanks!

23 minutes ago, SLA said:

Looking great @DrTBarghouthi!

A couple of questions...

1. Did you consider FUT with this patient? What was the reason FUE was chosen?

2. After these 2 procedures, does the OP have any donor hair (either scalp of beard) left for the future?

Thanks!

Thank you sir. We did consider FUT but the patient had a history of Keloid/ hypertrophic scarring so that was not ideal or posed a slightly higher risk. I tend to see almost no issues with that in FUE as opposed to FUT. He also was not keen on the actual FUT scarring. The patient has a lot of redundant skin in his donor and I feel that this tends to widen FUT scars even more. I do believe the patient has room for another 1000-1500 grafts from both areas for any future work. 

• Thanks 1

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram