Extremely Worried About Yield

Hey guys,

I had an FUE with Dr. Konior recently. I purchased a topical saline spray called Briotech. It has a compound called hypochlorous (HOCl) in it. I’m a complete idiot for using this spray before consulting with my Dr. or the forum. Is that compound damaging to grafts? I assumed it was a normal saline spray (which I used for my first FUE and had 100% yield). 

Because I used a different product that wasn’t actually saline spray like I used the first time, as stated in OP. Trying to find out if HOCl kills grafts and there’s no literature on the web about it. 

Edited by bandersnatchi

You're probably best off asking Dr Konior, (arguably the best HT surgeon in the world) rather than a forum full of random baldies with no formal training in hair restoration. Considering you are a patient of his, I imagine you'd get a response pretty quickly. 

Edited by Curious25
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Curious25 said:

You're probably best off asking Dr Konior, (arguably the best HT surgeon in the world) rather than a forum full of random baldies with no formal training in hair restoration. Considering you are a patient of his, I imagine you'd get a response pretty quickly. 

That was a cold dose of the truth, my friend. 

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

13 hours ago, bandersnatchi said:

Briotech. It has a compound called hypochlorous (HOCl) in it.

I wouldnt worry as it doesn't look like particularly bad stuff to me.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• Administrators

You should email Dr. Konior, he will respond to your inquiry. At this point, I wouldn’t worry and just trust in the process.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

A lot of clinics don’t use saline spray, I know I didn’t my last two surgeries.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.