New Year- New Suggestions

• Administrators

Hey guys,

I just want to thank all of you that interact, share, post, and continue to make this community thrive. Another year is in the books, and while last year was a difficult year for everyone. We look ahead to a better 2021. 

Last year I made a thread asking for suggestions on how to improve our community, what do you/don’t you like. I received many responses asking for more interaction from our surgeons. I took it upon myself to reach out to some of the world’s best and set up Instagram live sessions where we could all interact. I trust that most of you follow us on Instagram by now, but if you don’t its @thehairtransplantnetwork. 

That was just one way to improve our community, but what are some other suggestions? It can be a technical issue on the forum, I always here questions about surgeon recommendations. We have a button that links to our recommended list, but perhaps we can make it more visible. I’m all ears, thank you guys and let’s spread the word about this forum.

Best wishes,

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

It seems "Hair Transplant Experiences and Surgeon Reviews" and "Hair Restoration Results Posted by Patients" have the same types of posts... I would consolidate them into one sub-topic.

I would also like to see a sub-topic specifically for FUT. There is only a specific section for FUE. I think it would be useful for patients to post in the FUT section if they had FUT, and FUE section if they had FUE. It would help in a lot of research purposes for prospective patients.

• Like 2

• Administrators
38 minutes ago, hairlossPA said:

It seems "Hair Transplant Experiences and Surgeon Reviews" and "Hair Restoration Results Posted by Patients" have the same types of posts... I would consolidate them into one sub-topic.

I would also like to see a sub-topic specifically for FUT. There is only a specific section for FUE. I think it would be useful for patients to post in the FUT section if they had FUT, and FUE section if they had FUE. It would help in a lot of research purposes for prospective patients.

Good suggestions, a specific FUT section would be great. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

1 hour ago, hairlossPA said:

Agreed. It's confusing.

@Melvin-Moderator it would be great to have the ability to delete one's own comments and topics. I created a topic awhile ago that included face pics (I didn't think about it when I posted it), but now would like them removed. I sent you a PM with the specifics. 

Thanks!

Edited by DenverBuff1989

There's a lot of duplicate topics/questions, making it pretty clear the forum's search feature is very under-utilized.

What about integrating the search feature into the topic creation process to try to cut down a bit on those? Maybe something like the 'auto-complete' suggestions that search engines do now. Where a forum search gets automatically generated for similar topics based on what the poster is describing etc. It could happen in real-time as they type or right before the post goes live pointing the user to other places this has already been answered/discussed.

image.png.0fde0fc52c1effb562d29499e2a5b4e4.png

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, DenverBuff1989 said:

@Melvin-Moderator it would be great to have the ability to delete one's own comments and topics. I created a topic awhile ago that included face pics (I didn't think about it when I posted it), but now would like them removed. I sent you a PM with the specifics. 

Thanks!

We don’t do that because then the forum could get a bunch of deleted topics and people wondering what happened. If you need something deleted for privacy reasons, I’ll be happy to do it for you.

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, ciaus said:

There's a lot of duplicate topics/questions, making it pretty clear the forum's search feature is very under-utilized.

What about integrating the search feature into the topic creation process to try to cut down a bit on those? Maybe something like the 'auto-complete' suggestions that search engines do now. Where a forum search gets automatically generated for similar topics based on what the poster is describing etc. It could happen in real-time as they type or right before the post goes live pointing the user to other places this has already been answered/discussed.

image.png.0fde0fc52c1effb562d29499e2a5b4e4.png

Great suggestion, I’ll see if it’s something we can implement. Great guys, let’s keep it going.

View my thread

22 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

We don’t do that because then the forum could get a bunch of deleted topics and people wondering what happened. If you need something deleted for privacy reasons, I’ll be happy to do it for you.

No longer have an issue with this aspect as Melvin very quickly responded to my personal issue regarding this. Thanks!

• Like 1

Some other suggestions related to the search feature. Design wise, its off to the side and easy to be overlooked.

-I pulled up some other websites and see how they center and widen it considerably more

-Also maybe create a site mascot, something mildly humorous like "hairy the follicle' a droopy follicle, with some oversized binoculars next to or looking over the search bar through some hair. Have a contest for the artistically inclined around here to submit their candidates, the rest of us to vote on, could be fun.

image.thumb.png.90691ec18b65617c2b5b8d332f8dda41.png

image.png.3459debcefeaf0825495940574bdd205.pngimage.png.9df61c8b6d31fa89241028de8964d76c.pngimage.png.db25796d2817de47c767ab72a43d9f3e.png

• Like 1

• Administrators

That could be nice. I’m sending these suggestions to our webmaster.

View my thread

The ranks of the members don't seem to have any rhyme or reason to them, from what I can tell.

For instance, I joined in December of 2017, have 1k posts, and 200 rep points, but I only have a "Member" status.

@ciaus just joined this year, has much less posts and rep points, but has a "Senior Member" status. Similar with @DenverBuff1989 and @MachoVato.

It's not a huge deal and I don't really care personally, but it's something I've noticed throughout my time here.

• 5 weeks later...

As suggested earlier, I think some subs would be better merged. I think the forum could do well just fine with half of this subs.

The other thing, which I am not sure how easy it is done, is having the ability to click on first unread post in a thread.  That isn't common in all forums but really helpful tbh. 

For example, if I come to this thread in couple of weeks again, I have the option to click on small arrow beside the thread, and I will get the next post to mine, because it will be the first unread post 

5 hours ago, harry_potter1 said:

The other thing, which I am not sure how easy it is done, is having the ability to click on first unread post in a thread.  That isn't common in all forums but really helpful tbh. 

For example, if I come to this thread in couple of weeks again, I have the option to click on small arrow beside the thread, and I will get the next post to mine, because it will be the first unread post 

That feature is already there, click the star/circle at the side of the thread title.

Edited by BLE123
  • Like 1