Dr. Konior Chargin $15/Graft for FUE. Is this normal for a top surgeon?

Hey guys so after doing bunch of research and reading great reviews on Dr. Konior out of Chicago, I decided to schedule a consultation. After emailing him pictures and answering all questions, he told me I needed about 1200 grafts with a price tag of 18k for FUE. I knew he is one of the most expensive surgeons, but this price did make me hesitate a little. Are these prices normal for top quality surgeons? Thank you

• Administrators

Prices can vary, he charges for the difficulty level of the job. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

That's definitely on the higher side, but as Melvin said, prices can vary and there may be other factors at play here in regards to why he quoted you that price. It's always a good idea to have consultations with 2-3 of your top choices anyway, so if you're on the fence in regards to price, you could consult with other surgeons you're interested in and weigh your options once you get their input/pricing/etc. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

5 hours ago, DenverBuff1989 said:

@samson1978 Konior quoted me at 1500 grafts for 20k. So roughly in line with your estimation. The price was pretty mind-boggling, but I guess as the #1 rated HT surgeon in the world he has the luxury to charge whatever he wants.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves there lol. He's one of the top HT surgeons in NA, sure.

6 hours ago, samson1978 said:

Hey guys so after doing bunch of research and reading great reviews on Dr. Konior out of Chicago, I decided to schedule a consultation. After emailing him pictures and answering all questions, he told me I needed about 1200 grafts with a price tag of 18k for FUE. I knew he is one of the most expensive surgeons, but this price did make me hesitate a little. Are these prices normal for top quality surgeons? Thank you

He charges more than any doc in NA, yes. But that's because he only works on one patient a day and is present throughout the entire procedure. Other docs charge less but work on 2+ patients per day and have technicians perform much of the procedure.

Obviously just the fact that we're talking NA vs the rest of the world, there will be a price difference. Everything is more expensive here. You have other top European docs like Couto only charging 4-5 euros.

• Like 2

Jeez 20k for 1500 grafts... I would want a holiday included in that and a large breasted nurse to look after me for 2 weeks

In all seriousness surely if you are in a position to take time off and fly to Europe and beyond there is plenty of competition in Koniors bracket?

• Like 1