5062 graft ASMED - Dr Koray Erdogan

Jimmy58

@Jimmy58Something seems to be missing a bit on the left side ( ( it looks like this from a couple of pIcs or at least, depending on how you style them) but yes, considering where you started from, I would say that all in all it's okay, especially because it is something that can be remedied, with a touch-up.

P.S. Yes, your pics  are always very clear. 👍

Edited by Egy
  • Thanks 1

Yep @Egy, I agree.

Like the majority of us I was hoping for a better density within one hair transplant. Unfortunately something is missing on the left side. 
It’s still a very decent result as I was completely bald on the front scalp and I had no hairline, shame about the little lack of density that pushes me to style my hair to the side to cover the scalp.

Eventually if hair get thicker might cover a bit more,as they’re difficult to “manage” at the current.

Still few months ahead to see if any improvements come.

I keep crossing my fingers 🤞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnAC71 said:

From where you started out this is a massive improvement. But yes of course it’s rarely one and done when we have a high level of loss. Would you go back ASMED for another if needed ? Thanks for the latest pics. 🙏

Well, definitely!

There are cases where an NW5 get better density with 5k grafts but of course it’s not an easy achievement.

The clinic is always asking for feedbacks and how I feel, which is very supportive. I would consider the option to go back to ASMED, even though I’m slightly concerned about using more grafts from the donor area. 5k graft is a huge number and I’ll be worried not to be able to shave my head on the side and behind.

How many grafts do you think will make it better?

• Like 1

On 8/13/2021 at 8:07 PM, JohnAC71 said:

Even a 1000 grafts to strengthen the hairline and a little behind it would make all the difference. Get some feedback from ASMED and see what they say ? 

Thanks @JohnAC71,

I’ve actually spoken to ASMED today and got their feedback.

They recommended to use some minoxidil for the next 6 months to see whether I can get little more hairy in the weaker area.

To be honest I’m not a big fan of minoxidil and I’m concerned it’s going to make things worst once I’ll stop using it.

however we agreed to wait until 18 months post surgery before coming to a final judgment.

They only see the same pictures as I normally update on this forum so I believe they’ll need a more detailed check to better understand my situation.

Edited by Jimmy58
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy58 said:

Thanks @JohnAC71,

I’ve actually spoken to ASMED today and got their feedback.

They recommended to use some minoxidil for the next 6 months to see whether I can get little more hairy in the weaker area.

To be honest I’m not a big fun of minoxidil and I’m concerned it’s going to make things worst once I’ll stop using it.

however we agreed to wait until 18 months post surgery before coming to a final judgment.

They only see the same pictures as I normally update on this forum so I believe they’ll need a more detailed check to better understand my situation.

Yes although it “may” help using Minox it’s not going address the areas which do need a boost of grafts. Good you agreed to wait until the 18 months is up. 

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Hi guys 

18 months post surgery update.

I only have pics with longer hair but I will update more pics when I’ll get a haircut.

So I think that’s the final result, overall not a bad one. I was hoping to get a slightly better density over the front, which is the only downside of the whole process along with a still difficult texture to manage.

change of immagine is massive, looking at the pre surgery photos the difference is huge and it feels cool.

the perception still change up to lighting and hair’s length.

what do you guys think?

BE171437-DA90-460E-96E6-3D382037ACE7.jpeg

01E7FF86-8A10-4E38-AF4B-6DFC21DC54DA.jpeg

132245C7-8D47-487F-817B-7D5D483E759A.jpeg

76814C87-C874-4037-B115-C0356D6DAE44.jpeg

Edited by Jimmy58

Thanks guys,

I really appreciate your nice feedback and support.

Overall I can’t complain as the main aim was to rebuild an area quite huge(190cm2) with 5k grafts, and somewhat we managed.

I feel the change and I’m definitely more comfortable with the day by day imagine’s concerns.

I’m expecting transplanted hair to get more and more natural with the time that passes by.

I also have to mention, as I probably did in other occasions, that the clinic was always by my side, checking frequently the progress and ready to help for any enquire.

• Like 1

Hi @JC71

thank you very much for your feedback.

I have been noticing less significant improvement over the last few months, and particularly referring to the hair’ quality, even though I wish it can get a little better.

I think I’m ok at the moment, I might consider a density enhancement in few year while monitoring my alipecia’s progress. I’m quite confident the vertex will progressively get worst, even though finasteride might help.

I’m just really curious to see my head with shorter hair.

I will update more pics when I’ll get a new haircut.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, this looks great. I am on Finasteride threatment now, as soon as i will be sure my pattern hairloss has stabilized, i will think when and where to do it, and how... because my only concern is how conservative my hair line should be .. but i am kinda getting paranoid about it.....

Edited by mxm56

Thanks @mxm56!

I feel good with my new hairline and definitely have more confidence.

Let’s always be positive and I’m sure you’ll find the right doctor to help you with your hair loss.

I wish you all the best 

And this below is a quick update with shorter( and dirty) hair.

I’m actually ok with the result, even though hair density isn’t massive.

I started with half head almost empty and I managed to get a new hairline design that covers enough my forehead.

Pictures are outdoor and indoor within different lights.

DE5A7540-784E-4B16-9659-B15F45E9C400.jpeg

F6EC4E01-9860-4364-BB44-FFAACB34E2CF.jpeg

4F5CE38E-DBF4-41EB-B9D1-DACEDD7DCEE1.jpeg

51CE9D0C-0469-4B31-A485-29E30ADCEC61.jpeg

1980EDD9-4E06-4928-918A-4E86903A107F.jpeg

E974E6FC-FBAE-43B6-B0DC-3A4E3ADC949B.jpeg

AB4C45BE-A2C2-46DB-B22C-470387530EA6.jpeg

70D62D84-F766-47E0-812E-4956280A1043.jpeg

957CDC76-9EE4-436A-A052-0736A4B7F121.jpeg

C0C9A498-5390-4C46-859A-2CD67E7906B4.jpeg

• Like 3

• Administrators

Hair Transplants are never perfect, it looks good and a suitable difference and cosmetic improvement.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.