5062 graft ASMED - Dr Koray Erdogan

Jimmy58

Dear Jimmy58,

Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

The 6th month is just almost to the half of the way but there are still so many months to go and with every month in front of you changes and improvement will happen. 

The length of the hair is great and we do encourage our patients to use a bit longer hair after the hair transplant to let the skin, hair get some breath and time to recover. Even if you do not see the recover with your bare eye under, there are many changes under the surface as well.

Try to use the scissors for correcting the length, please don't buzz your hair and cut very short at the moment.

Wish you many beautiful months in forward and waiting for new updates.

Kind Regards,

Suzana Kubinek

ASMED Clinic

• Like 1

ASMED Surgical Medical Center

Dr Koray Erdogan. Istanbul, Turkey

- For info, evaluations and quotations: htn@asmed.com.tr

- Telephone Contacts (Numbers active in working time and 24h for urgencies):

Main number : (+90) 216 464 11 11

USA: (+1) 8454612049

UK: (+44) 2035191146

- Free online consultation: Online Consultation Form

- For additional information on our clinic, cost and photos:

Asmed Hair Transplant Official Website

- Our Official Facebook Page

Thanks Suzana,

perhaps I thought a good haircut could potentially maximise the impact the HT is having on my image.

I’ll certainly keep hair longer on top, I just need to “level” them 😂

Thanks a lot for being always present, you guys are amazing and deserve some great compliments

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Good morning people,

here below my +7 months update!

I would normally say that my progress is steady and things are slowly improving, however I’ve noticed quite few hairs falling while brushing them, all coming from the recipient’s area( right behind my hairline and I think they’re transplanted hair?!).

Also a small amount of hairs from the donor seems to come off quite easily; it feels like they’re super fragile though.

Not sure if that’s normal, did anyone else experience a small loss 6/7 months after the surgery?

Hairs quality still lacks but I guess it will improve over the next few months.

unfortunately everywhere I go barbers’ shops are closed due to the COVID restrictions, so I still didn’t manage to get an haircut.

Couple of pictures are under sunlight so a bit “extreme”.

Of course my hairs are not brushed, so this is how I woke up today.

2A9F80BE-697C-4AAE-B246-112747EE6729.jpeg

59CBB93B-7816-4B70-AD97-55EF0AE01305.jpeg

493015DE-5E7F-4831-8873-E1DA24E9DBF1.jpeg

1BA3B0A3-5558-428F-A685-4D8A0A3BA34E.jpeg

image.jpg

Edited by Jimmy58
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys,

here is month 8 update!

It feels like no major changes were happening in regards of new hair growing, but I assume the texture of my hair is relatively improving.

Please feel free to let me know your thoughts.

35442E37-1242-4E51-B8DA-053821EC9440.jpeg

B8E01810-5B9B-4A6B-A5F0-D455F8538992.jpeg

EA8140CD-9636-4475-A56C-8A3FDC9CB53A.jpeg

Thanks @JohnAC71!

yes definitely, I’m still hoping for a little improvement on the left hand side of my hairline and overall on the texture of my hair.

I’m also curious to see my donor shaved and my hair shorter.Unfortunately barbers’shop are still closed 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

here below +9 month update!

I finally managed to have an haircut and I feel happy overall of my new look.
The pre surgery situation wasn't the easiest while I have now a decent immagine.
I can see a sensible improvement on the scalp coverage and I'm expecting a better hair texture in the next months.

What’s your thought about, guys?

I know the clinic isn’t recommended anymore on this forum but fairly talking is my temporary result up to general expectations?

7F448CF4-1163-4E63-ABF9-AF215A4E0E81.jpeg

F6D74287-50E7-4B95-8CB2-D25ADFF38186.jpeg

D6BBF687-7EFC-4E28-8148-C2462748B941.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys!

I wasn’t expecting to have a huge density and I’m happy that overall the weaker area improved a bit.

While many people believe that after 6 months most of the games are done, I felt significant changes on month 7 and 8.Hope it’ll continue til I reach 1 year.

Generally I look ok under different lights, something that makes me feel more confident.

I will update more photos over the next months.

thanks for supporting ✌️

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I think it looks great; it's already dense and looks 100% natural to me. Keep us updated wit the final improvements. I might also go fo a transplant on the frontal zone in a year or so, hopefully.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2021 at 2:03 PM, mxm56 said:

I think it looks great; it's already dense and looks 100% natural to me. Keep us updated wit the final improvements. I might also go fo a transplant on the frontal zone in a year or so, hopefully.

Thanks for your comment mxm56.

I’m about to hit month 11 in a few days. 

I think I will update the report next month when It’ll be 1 year post surgery with a more detailed picture’s sequence.

I wish you best of luck with your decision for your HT ✌️

6 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

Looks very good ...especially looking back at your pre-op photos, you may see more improvement in thickness of the new growing hairs and better texture which I saw at around month 18-20 to be honest.

Thanks CosmoKramer!

I actually “feel” the different texture of my transplanted hair and I agree it will take a while to come to a more natural feeling.

My pre-op situation wasn’t the easiest as we implanted 5k grafts over 190cm2.Cutting my hair really short I can see density is not huge and scalp is still visible under strong lights, which disappoint me a little.

The change of my immagine is definitely evident and people around me feel something happened to my hair( whether they know or not about my HT).

You’ll see what I mean with my next update.

Thanks a lot for your message ✌️

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy58 said:

Thanks CosmoKramer!

I actually “feel” the different texture of my transplanted hair and I agree it will take a while to come to a more natural feeling.

My pre-op situation wasn’t the easiest as we implanted 5k grafts over 190cm2.Cutting my hair really short I can see density is not huge and scalp is still visible under strong lights, which disappoint me a little.

The change of my immagine is definitely evident and people around me feel something happened to my hair( whether they know or not about my HT).

You’ll see what I mean with my next update.

Thanks a lot for your message ✌️

You’re welcome!

Yeah, the thickness of each new implanted hair and it’s texture will take a while to normalize especially for wavy hair, as I have the same and had almost the same amount of grafts as you, minus the fact that I didn’t get my temple triangles done. I posted these photos in another patients post but here is my results with really short hair of transplanted hair and then how it looks a little bit longer as an example. 

Good luck with your progress and looking forward to next update! 🙂

F3E3E4D1-D593-4254-B6E6-32A9F8F2A6E6.jpeg

E4D34E4E-F719-4FA1-9CE4-51EA4758E8B0.jpeg

• Like 2

• Administrators

I think it looks very good Jimmy 👊🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

13 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

You’re welcome!

Yeah, the thickness of each new implanted hair and it’s texture will take a while to normalize especially for wavy hair, as I have the same and had almost the same amount of grafts as you, minus the fact that I didn’t get my temple triangles done. I posted these photos in another patients post but here is my results with really short hair of transplanted hair and then how it looks a little bit longer as an example. 

Good luck with your progress and looking forward to next update! 🙂

F3E3E4D1-D593-4254-B6E6-32A9F8F2A6E6.jpeg

E4D34E4E-F719-4FA1-9CE4-51EA4758E8B0.jpeg

Yep, definitely the length of the hair helps a lot.

I saw your report and you also had such a massive change, congrats it looks really good.

With your second HT you achieved a really good density and I’m glad for you.

Here below some pictures from June with “longer” hair, of the donor trimmed at 1mm, and front in different lighting with shorter hair.

It looks worse in pics and hair is quite short.

9B6724EC-B89D-47CA-9359-3F6727627587.jpeg

C16F6AD7-8D17-46D8-83C2-EE0A8495EA44.jpeg

2DD8FD43-02BF-4F4A-9897-742C9C1C7B61.jpeg

image.jpg

Edited by Jimmy58

9 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I think it looks very good Jimmy 👊🏼

Thanks a lot Melvin, I appreciate you popping in my report.

The change of my immagine is absolutely massive considered, as I mentioned in other comments, the starting point.

Having had a recent haircut with hair quite short on the top made me a bit confused and appalled.

I don’t understand whether I lost something just right behind the hairline or it’s just hair’s vital cycle or if I exaggerated having cut my hair so short.

It seems less dense where I thought I achieved a decent coverage.

Different Lighting of course changes the perception.

I will post a more detailed update at 1 year post surgery and hopefully by then I will have a more clear idea about it.

1 hour ago, Egy said:

@Jimmy58I confirm what I have already written, not bad, especially considering your starting situation.

Thanks Egy!

surely is not a bad progress, slightly behind my expectations with the density but still a decent achievement.

I definitely look better and younger 🙃

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

A very nice improvement ! Change of image for sure 👌🤩

Thanks JohnAC71, it was a long journey to get to this image.

As I shaved my donor at 1mm I have to say it’s still a decent look.  However I’m concerned that, in case I’ll need it in the future, another HT would probably affect the donor in a way that I won’t be able to shave it anymore.

As I said, I will have a more detailed pics update next August, when it’ll be 1 year post surgery.

Thanks again for your support

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, 

This is my 12 month update.

Steady situation over the last couple of months,I’m still hopeful to see some hair texture’s changes.

Density lack a bit in some areas, little under my expectations but ( as per comparative picture) the change of immagine is quite massive considering where I was starting from.

The clinic is always in touch, asking for pictures and “feelings”☺️
As agreed, we will wait for the 18th month to be over before coming to any conclusion. The re-growth is visible and we hope that the thickened of my hair could bring still some margin of improvement, coverage wise.

They recommended to use minoxidil, for the next 6 months, but I’m concerned it will get worst one I’ll stop it.

At the moment I say it looks different if I brush my hair down ( I get less scalp visible) or up and up to the different lightings.

Most of the Pictures are under strong light, as always, for a better perception of the density, with wet hair and dry hair brushed up and down.

I keep being positive and I’ll wait for 18 months before judging the whole situation ✌️

3582ED32-5D64-4B3C-93E9-5A1ECD9D3EF0.jpeg

06331926-95F5-4ECD-A394-DE768AB4621D.jpeg

BD84A338-E150-4CF0-9BCF-49D5464F3F04.jpeg

885F9A09-9459-4C1A-8D20-273F8A98256B.jpeg

EC618801-2DE7-43B9-9BDC-4123F2DC09CA.jpeg

7ECF203C-5B31-40FE-982E-6CF28CF1D64C.jpeg

2487B424-52F1-45C0-947A-AE2D398F4D03.jpeg

2EDF6AC0-ADB9-4EE3-8C77-886969B1F68C.jpeg

• Like 1