Dr. De Freitas extracting way out of the patient's safe zone?

On 12/9/2020 at 4:01 AM, JohnBob said:

Remember, De Freitas does up to 4 surgeries per day and the people doing the extractions are the technicians, not him, so that may explain?

Is this true?

I'm kind of a fan of going outside the traditional safe zone. I'd much prefer to have my hair an even density when possible. As long as the doctor can confidently determine what the real safe zone is. But you know, I'm a NW2 at 30. It makes no sense for me not to get extractions from some places (even the crown) where I'm super dense

• Administrators
45 minutes ago, mustang said:

Guys, with all due respect, this is stupid. Sorry.

The safe zone is irrelevant. 

+1 it’s a foolish argument.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

The so-called safe zone can and many times will change with time as we age.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

It is often important to approach the donor area in a similar way to balding areas- ie it is continuously evolving. Therefore, the first procedure in FUE might be restricted to what we would think to be the safest zone. However, if subsequent procedures are needed and there seems to be no loss below or above the previous extraction zone, then we might go into what is called the intermediate zones. 

• Like 2

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

Sometimes when a person makes a negative comment on a surgeon, other posters then pick the issue up without actually considering if its true or cross referencing other cases and then make the same claim as if they are playing safety inspector. They seem to just follow the herd and regurgitate false information whether or not its true. Mentioning the "he uses techs" argument makes this blatantly clear, anyone with a functioning set of eyes can see that Freitas achieves among the most aesthetic hairline work of any surgeon on the planet and the yields appear to be consistent from what I've seen on other forums.  The comparison to the Dr Zarev cases also shows this as very obvious, to any rational person the cases are *totally* disanalagous as Melvin pointed out.  

Does it appear that these extraction zones go beyond the safe zones of these individual patients and their specific balding patterns? No it doesn't.  Not every patient is destined for a NW7 and typically competent surgeons will do a basic test for miniaturisation in the donor and at its edges. 

• Like 1

IMHO, it is imperative for the surgeon to first microscopically check any area where grafts are to be extracted as well as the adjoining areas...this should be done on each and every procedure.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Administrators
On 5/23/2021 at 1:18 PM, JayLDD said:

Sometimes when a person makes a negative comment on a surgeon, other posters then pick the issue up without actually considering if its true or cross referencing other cases and then make the same claim as if they are playing safety inspector. They seem to just follow the herd and regurgitate false information whether or not its true. Mentioning the "he uses techs" argument makes this blatantly clear, anyone with a functioning set of eyes can see that Freitas achieves among the most aesthetic hairline work of any surgeon on the planet and the yields appear to be consistent from what I've seen on other forums.  The comparison to the Dr Zarev cases also shows this as very obvious, to any rational person the cases are *totally* disanalagous as Melvin pointed out.  

Does it appear that these extraction zones go beyond the safe zones of these individual patients and their specific balding patterns? No it doesn't.  Not every patient is destined for a NW7 and typically competent surgeons will do a basic test for miniaturisation in the donor and at its edges. 

Well said, it’s totally true. One person can say “so and so extracts too high” then the next person repeats it, until it becomes a fact without actually examining and thinking it through individually. 

For example, in my case the hairs below the border of my Norwood 6 demarcation line is the thickest and healthiest hair in my entire scalp. In fact, Dr. Wong in my last Instagram interview agreed and said that in most cases this hair is safer, because of retrograde alopecia becoming more prevalent.  Bottom line is there’s no universal safe zone, because we all have different patterns, cases should be looked at individually.

CCBD3653-953F-48D8-8F9C-9D4902A1AF24.jpeg

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
On 5/21/2021 at 4:54 AM, cpfm said:

Is this true?

No

• Thanks 1

View my thread