5150 Grafts, Dr. Arika Bansal, Eugenix

juanjs84

On 12/24/2020 at 9:22 PM, Seniormido said:

Why they make slits if they are using DHT ?

The slits are done by the doctor previously so the technicias know where they have to implant the hair. They are not required as you say, but like that you are sure that the way the hair is implanted is decided by the doctor. 

On 1/3/2021 at 8:10 PM, SLA said:

@juanjs84I saw your video you made with Eugenix as I am subscribed to their YouTube channel.

Great job and thank you for doing this as videos like these are very helpful!

Thanks @SLA I was not comfortable with the idea initially, but the people in Eugenix were very supportive and it turned to be a good experience. I am still in touch with them and I hope to meet them by the end of the month so the doctors check my progress in person.

I am thinking about getting a haircut, any advice?

13 minutes ago, juanjs84 said:

Thanks @SLA I was not comfortable with the idea initially, but the people in Eugenix were very supportive and it turned to be a good experience. I am still in touch with them and I hope to meet them by the end of the month so the doctors check my progress in person.

I hear you @juanjs84. I would have mixed feelings as well. The video came out great.

Are you traveling all the way from Spain to India just to get checked out in person?

No advice around haircuts. I would assume if you trim the donor area, it will make the top look fuller, however, I am not experienced and would check with the clinic. Since you are experiencing very early growth, I think in another couple of months, the top will most certainly catch up!

11 hours ago, SLA said:

I hear you @juanjs84. I would have mixed feelings as well. The video came out great.

Are you traveling all the way from Spain to India just to get checked out in person?

No advice around haircuts. I would assume if you trim the donor area, it will make the top look fuller, however, I am not experienced and would check with the clinic. Since you are experiencing very early growth, I think in another couple of months, the top will most certainly catch up!

My in-laws live in India so I am traveling to meet them. As we will land in Delhi we will stay one night there and visit the clinic. We could not go there before coming back to Spain and even if I am not worried about the trasplant I would like to get their opinion.

• Like 1

Great description, thanks @juanjs84. Quick question please - did you experience any side effects with Finasteride in the past and are you continuing to use it? Did you discuss this with Dr. Arika and what was her take on this? Are there any alternatives? Thanks in advance! 

• Administrators

You’re definitely a case for Eugenix, I’ve seen them take cases like yours and do miracles. Happy growing 😎

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 1/6/2021 at 12:53 AM, Mjain said:

Great description, thanks @juanjs84. Quick question please - did you experience any side effects with Finasteride in the past and are you continuing to use it? Did you discuss this with Dr. Arika and what was her take on this? Are there any alternatives? Thanks in advance! 

I am still taking 1 mg of finasteride everyday with no side effects because it was what the clinic recommended me and it looks like the best option. In the spanish forum that I follow I have read about dutasteride, saw palmetto and RU58841, but I have not commented any of these options with the clinic because I am fine with finasteride. In the past I tried minoxidil, I believe it made the hairfall more slow but It did not stop completly so I do not use it anymore.

• Like 1

@juanjs84-I saw your 2nd video on the Eugenix Youtube channel in which you are conversing with a former Eugenix patient and a staff member. So informative and thanks again for doing this for prospective patients.

Happy growing!

• Thanks 1

On 1/4/2021 at 11:43 AM, juanjs84 said:

do you mind sharing a link to your video bud ?

@juanjs84When I read your write up of your experience, it seemed that most of the extractions and implantations were done by the technicians.

Did you find that they were well trained and experts at extraction and implantation? Was Dr. Arika checking in periodically to make sure everything was going well?

Thanks!

13 hours ago, SLA said:

@juanjs84When I read your write up of your experience, it seemed that most of the extractions and implantations were done by the technicians.

Did you find that they were well trained and experts at extraction and implantation? Was Dr. Arika checking in periodically to make sure everything was going well?

Thanks!

There were always many technicians around but only the senior ones were working on me (the rest were there to help them). It felt like they knew exactly what to do all the time so I would say that they were properly trained. 

Dr. Arika and Dr. Shishir were checking periodically and they will always be there at the beginning and end of the session. I would say that they participated on 40% of the extractions and the rest were done by the technicians.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

WOW! You are looking great for 4 months!!! Sooooooooooooooo much growing still left to happen, Juan!

Can't wait to see you transform as the months progress. 

Keep us posted!