5150 Grafts, Dr. Arika Bansal, Eugenix

juanjs84

@juanjs84Once again, you are looking fantastic! It is only uphill from here!

I have a question about placement of the beard grafts. It was my impression that beard grafts are implanted strategically by mixing with scalp grafts in the midscalp and parts of the crown rather than implanting them in isolation.

In your write up, you mentioned that the scalp grafts were implanted on days 1 and 2 and the beard grafts were extracted and implanted on the final day of the procedure. 

How did they mix the beard and scalp grafts together? Did they implant the scalp grafts in the midscalp on days 1 and 2 and intentionally leave some of the slits created in between the scalp grafts in the midscalp empty and add beard grafts to them on day 3?

Thanks!

15 hours ago, SLA said:

@juanjs84Once again, you are looking fantastic! It is only uphill from here!

I have a question about placement of the beard grafts. It was my impression that beard grafts are implanted strategically by mixing with scalp grafts in the midscalp and parts of the crown rather than implanting them in isolation.

In your write up, you mentioned that the scalp grafts were implanted on days 1 and 2 and the beard grafts were extracted and implanted on the final day of the procedure. 

How did they mix the beard and scalp grafts together? Did they implant the scalp grafts in the midscalp on days 1 and 2 and intentionally leave some of the slits created in between the scalp grafts in the midscalp empty and add beard grafts to them on day 3?

Thanks!

The beard grafts were mixed with the rest in the midscalp and the crown. Many beard grafts together in a specific area would not look good because they are clearly different.

7 hours ago, juanjs84 said:

The beard grafts were mixed with the rest in the midscalp and the crown. Many beard grafts together in a specific area would not look good because they are clearly different.

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/8/2021 at 4:38 PM, SLA said:

Hi @juanjs84- Just checking in as you are about at the 5 month mark. Your 4 month results look excellent.

Any further progress?

I see new hair growing, I will probably get a haircut soon, then I will try to post again.

20210425_093240.jpg

20210425_093318.jpg

20210425_093354.jpg

20210425_093425.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Holy cow- this looks great, especially for the than 6 months!

You have many more months of growth and looking forward to your continued progress!

How does it feel for you to have hair?

• Like 1

What I like about this case is the OP had pretty much no hair and is achieving an excellent illusion of density across entire head with only 4k scalp grafts (I think around 1,100 from beard).

If the OP wants more density in the crown which was covered more lightly, he probably has at least 2k scalp graft left not to mention a couple of thousand beard grafts.

How is that for donor preservation?

Eugenix intelligently combines beard grafts in the most inconspicuous places on higher norwoods from the get go, so they don't stand out, which is why I am not sure the best approach for higher norwoods who go down the FUE route is to exhaust scalp grafts before turning to the beard. With the latter approach, beard grafts may have to be relegated to regions such as the crown where they stand out more.

Just my thoughts and open to hearing what others think!

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/27/2021 at 3:20 PM, SLA said:

What I like about this case is the OP had pretty much no hair and is achieving an excellent illusion of density across entire head with only 4k scalp grafts (I think around 1,100 from beard).

If the OP wants more density in the crown which was covered more lightly, he probably has at least 2k scalp graft left not to mention a couple of thousand beard grafts.

How is that for donor preservation?

Eugenix intelligently combines beard grafts in the most inconspicuous places on higher norwoods from the get go, so they don't stand out, which is why I am not sure the best approach for higher norwoods who go down the FUE route is to exhaust scalp grafts before turning to the beard. With the latter approach, beard grafts may have to be relegated to regions such as the crown where they stand out more.

Just my thoughts and open to hearing what others think!

I am planning a new haircut this weekend so I will show how is my donor area. A case like mine (big head with nw6-7) is difficult to treat in a single operation and I think they did great.

I see myself and I feel great with the results

@SLA I could not read much the forum, have you booked your transplant? we can talk if you want.

• Like 2

• Administrators

This is incredible for 4 months holy crap 🤯

E5EBF0CF-3409-476E-991D-3B3C615061F4.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 5/26/2021 at 4:32 AM, stephcurry30 said:

Incredible result. 

OP you should try using minoxidil in the crown area for some more regrowth!

I will check on that, thanks!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Seniormido said:

That is why most HT results photos are taken away from light !

Exactly, but I did not want to give fake expectations. It looks great overall (my colleagues were impressed when I came back to office one month back) and very soon I will share photos with normal daylight and direct light.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1