FUE clinic recommendation: Hattingen vs Pekiner vs Keser vs HLC

Hi,

I am looking for a HT. I am 30y old, did not have any procedure before. Clinics estimated I need around 2500 - 3200 grafts and that I will probably need one more HT to cover back part because in future, I will lose hair there to.

I am struggling to make a decision and here are my list. The main criteria are quality and naturalness, second are time and price. So, to better measure and judge, I would like to ask you what do you think, where I should go for FUE.

1. Hattingen

2. Pekiner

3. Keser

4. HLC

Thanks

I've been consistently extremely impressed with Hattingen's megasession FUT work but their FUE work is typically on the more conservative side and hasn't struck me as top-tier. Pekiner has worked with Keser previously and although his results have overall impressed me I don't think he has the medium term track record or enough cases to choosing him over Keser. HLC does great work also. Personally I would choose Keser or HLC in terms of who produces the most aesthetic hairlines.

HLC has the most examples of cases in that graft count or slightly higher. I'm guessing you're roughly NW3 for which HLC probably would probably be my choice.

• Like 1

As a reminder, Keser and Pekiner both were former HLC doctors. 

I always like Keser's hairlines. His experience shows. Even though he does not use microscopes to separate singles/doubles/multiples, he seems to do fine without it. Even with the cases where I could see some doubles, the results were still pretty amazing. Also note, that Keser doesn't like to do more than 500-700 grafts per day. You would be a 4-day procedure. 

39 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

You won’t go wrong choosing any of them. Doesnt one stand out more than the others to you? How are their waiting lists right now? 

I ordered the list on my judge. Hattingen is booked until summer, and Pekiner is available more and less during next month(s).
Taking that timeline into account I am moving slightly towards Pekiner but I did not decide yet.

Also, should I consider Bisanga in Athens?

Just now, JohnAC71 said:

Bisanga is my own my top 3. Yes definitely worth considering. I’m sure you might have seen but so many results on here. 

I really like the research that @Portugal25 created in this thread. 

I saw It happened that Pekiner canceled the procedure.
Besides that, do you think he is a good choice? Will I benefit if I wait half a year for other clinic?

IMHO, there is little difference between Pekiner's and HLC's results. It mainly depends on the person and the starting position...

1 hour ago, familia said:

Hi,

I am looking for a HT. I am 30y old, did not have any procedure before. Clinics estimated I need around 2500 - 3200 grafts and that I will probably need one more HT to cover back part because in future, I will lose hair there to.

I am struggling to make a decision and here are my list. The main criteria are quality and naturalness, second are time and price. So, to better measure and judge, I would like to ask you what do you think, where I should go for FUE.

1. Hattingen

2. Pekiner

3. Keser

4. HLC

Thanks

Hattting is the King when it comes to mega session FUT with over 8000 grafts in just 1 surgery (truly remarkable). But he’s not on my short-list for FUE.

Pekiner is a former HLC Doctor and a great option for BHT + FUE if you sure you don’t have miniaturized hair (or you risk having your surgery aborted after some grafts are removed)

Kesser is a recluse of the international hair Doctors community probably because he doesn’t speak English but what worries me most if the fact he doesn’t use a microscope during surgery which is simply not acceptable and has been the cause of some poor hairlines.

HLC is a safe bet for BHT and FUE.

Edited by Portugal25

1 minute ago, Portugal25 said:

Hattting is the King when it comes to mega session FUT with over 8000 grafts in just 1 surgery (truly remarkable). But he’s not on my short-list for FUE.

Pekiner is a former HLC Doctor and a great option for BHT + FUE if you sure you don’t have miniaturized hair (or you risk having your surgery aborted after some grafts are removed)

Kesser is a recluse of the international hair Doctors community probably because he doesn’t speak English but what worries me most if the fact he doesn’t use a microscope during surgery which is simply not acceptable and has been the cause of some poor hairlinew with multis.

HLC is a safe bet for BHT and FUE.

Thanks @Portugal@25. So, you are choosing Pekiner before Hattingen?

How do I check do I have miniaturised hair? It is for donor right?

Just now, familia said:

Thanks @Portugal@25. So, you are choosing Pekiner before Hattingen?

How do I check do I have miniaturised hair? It is for donor right?

If you want FUE then yes I preffer Pekiner.

But you can to the thread where we each are writing out TOP 5 picks and you will see he’s not on my TOP 5.

That would be Konior, Ferreira, Pinto and Nadimi. 

You can check the list I made with some of the best Doctors in the worlds.

61077F7B-B7A8-4CEC-8C08-3ED721CD72B7.jpeg

2 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Yep not much difference in the overall results from either, I would go for the safe option of HLC. 

HLC estimated more grafts than others, that is holding me back from them..

3 minutes ago, familia said:

It's hard to be accurate from photos. Here's how they determined my graft needs. After drawing the hairline, they shaved my head. Then they drew the rest of the needed areas.

The math is simple... Area x Density. In my case (34 x 50 grafts/cm2) + (64 x 40 grafts/cm2) = 4,260 total grafts.

Before-05.jpg.2169a694fc34d756e80cfb54cd

• Like 1

19 hours ago, familia said:

Unless you went in person to all those clinics you should completly disregard the estimates because it`s impossible dor a Doctor to provide an acurate estimate without a live consultation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, familia said:

@Portugal25you went to dr Pekiner but you are also recommending to go to HLC? 
Is HLC really stands out than Pekiner?

Pekiner worked at HLC for several years.

I recommend HLC as safet bet because Pekiner doesn’t take risks and may abort a surgery if he finds miniaturized hairs while HLC has several Doctors and they nevee back down from a challenge. 

Ok, thanks. Are you satisfied with your HT?

I believe I am a good candidate and it is safe regarding donor, so for my case especially, I can not find any big argument for HLC. The price is not important here, it is more and less similar, but available dates are more suitable for me if I go to Pekiner’s clinic. 

• 1 month later...

Guys, I added doctors Mwamba and Bissanga into consideration. Already received recommendation for Mwamba from @mustang.
What do you think, are they better than Pekiner/HLC? I know that is my decision, but do you think I will have higher probability for better HT with them?