New to this Site. Looking to HT in the next 12 months

Like this post says, I am a NW 2-3 and looking at a couple of options for HT. Since I live in chicagoland I have been talking to Dr. Konior and Dr. Nadami and they are priced on the high end. Other options are Turkey and Korea but I am less excited at the propsect of 14 day quarintine and the risk of surgery and recovery out of the country. Any advice from you all?

• Administrators

Check out Dr. Panine in Chicago, he's definitely worth consulting. You can also check out Dr. Cooley in North Carolina, he's just a short plane trip.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

If you're in Chicago then it's a no-brainer, go to Dr. Konior. You won't regret it.

• Like 2

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• 3 weeks later...
  • Valued Contributor

I understand that you may want any receding filled in. But the last thing you want is a symmetrical hairline. Your hairline now looks 'natural.' That's because it is broken up and uneven as you see in nature. Keep researching and all the best.

Man I’ll tell you. I was in your exact shoes in my twenties and early thirties. Thankfully I didn’t get a transplant because at 36 my hair loss  rapidly progressed to now a diffuse NW 6. No idea what your age is but I assume your young. Just keep it in mind! Your hair looks good now. Good luck researching!

10 hours ago, Gatsby said:

I understand that you may want any receding filled in. But the last thing you want is a symmetrical hairline. Your hairline now looks 'natural.' That's because it is broken up and uneven as you see in nature. Keep researching and all the best.

ok will do

2 hours ago, Style22 said:

Man I’ll tell you. I was in your exact shoes in my twenties and early thirties. Thankfully I didn’t get a transplant because at 36 my hair loss  rapidly progressed to now a diffuse NW 6. No idea what your age is but I assume your young. Just keep it in mind! Your hair looks good now. Good luck researching!

good to know!

i am 33 :). I think I prevented a lot of hairloss as I have been on finasteride for 6 years now

my current hair regime is:

-daily laser cap

-1/2 tablet finasteride

-minoxidol

-microneedling the hairline twice a week

-ForHims hairloss shampoo and conditioner. I think it has Saw pametto

-Twice a week nizoral

may add topical finasteride as well. 

On 11/10/2020 at 10:55 PM, smurf said:

Like this post says, I am a NW 2-3 and looking at a couple of options for HT. Since I live in chicagoland I have been talking to Dr. Konior and Dr. Nadami and they are priced on the high end. Other options are Turkey and Korea but I am less excited at the propsect of 14 day quarintine and the risk of surgery and recovery out of the country. Any advice from you all?

Look up Joe Tillman's list of recommended doctors. 

Dr. Cooley and Dr. Kornier are on Joe Tillman's list.

Edited by True
  • Like 1

• Administrators

I would suggest reaching out to happy and unhappy patients, here a general consensus. Remember, not all surgeries are perfect, being fully informed increased the probability you’ll be happy with the results.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

11 hours ago, smurf said:

thanks!

yea i crossed off Turkey. I was almost about to go to asmed in turkey but i thankfully found this forum. Konior and Nadami. Also getting an online consultation from H&W

Hasson & Wong are probably as good as anyone on earth.

On 11/29/2020 at 10:29 PM, smurf said:

Here are some photos of my hairline. my goal is to make the hairline symetrical. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

IMG_2582.thumb.jpeg.092a2bd8c6d080a50cdfb5cfb0675fb4.jpeg

IMG_2585.jpeg

IMG_2586.jpeg

IMG_2587.jpeg

Given my hairline, i'll research  more on custom hairlines that look natural as opposed to the hairline more suited for a 15 year old..

Also

what are your thoughts on this hairline:

Is it a good idea to be very very conservative with the hairline approach and try to tell the doctor directly?

So I received a follow up from H&W and they recommend 3000-3500 FUE grafts. Now I am really confused. 

Konior and Nadimi both authorized 1600 grafts in the frontal area with a dense pack. H&W are recommending double. Two different answers from two top tier clinics. 

really really confused. 

On 11/30/2020 at 3:08 AM, Gatsby said:

yea, everybody should have a hairline that fits them. For me I should stick to a conservative hairline to commit for the long haul. I disagree with a 18 year old hairline when i am 33 years old 

• Administrators

Take a look at the recommendations here, send more than a few consultations to get a general consensus.

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp?sr=HRN-MOB

View my thread