1500 FUE Graft with with Dr Arshad at the Hair Dr Clinic UK - 28/10/2020

theshape1122

This is with no offense to the OP. I appreciate him documenting his journey and wish him nothing but the best, but am I the only one who views this as a failed transplant? At 9 months I see zero density and I see multi grafts in the hairline, yet we have people calling it "really good" and "amazing". What? This was a decent amount of grafts in a relatively small area that should have absolutely produced a better finish, but clearly something went wrong. I'm very curious to know what the doctor says to you next week. In addition I must also add, that in your original post-op photos, if I'm being honest, it does not seem like 1500 grafts. Did you ever do a count? Just something to think about.

Edited by SD1984

• Administrators

@SD1984

This is the second time you make ridiculous claims, first one you made a claim about the number of grafts being wrong when there’s no graft placement pictures, now this. There’s no need to make sensational claims. Zero growth is not true. There’s most definitely growth, perhaps not what you consider satisfactory, but there’s no need to be a jerk about it. Your post was reported.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks, I do value all opinions

As I've previously stated before a few times, I'm aware of the couple multi grafts in the hairline, and lack of density/patches in some areas, which I've already told the Hair Dr about, so are well aware. 

I am going in next week for a proper review, and they've already said they would provide a top up etc if required as part of treatment to get the desired result, so I have no worries.

Will see what happens at the meeting next week but, even if a top up is required I'm happy & confident we'll get the full result in the end!

Edited by theshape1122
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

@SD1984

This is the second time you make ridiculous claims, first one you made a claim about the number of grafts being wrong when there’s no graft placement pictures, now this. There’s no need to make sensational claims. Zero growth is not true. There’s most definitely growth, perhaps not what you consider satisfactory, but there’s no need to be a jerk about it. Your post was reported.

This is an outrageous response. This is a message board/forum, where people should be allowed to give their opinions whether positive or negative. To be reported and called a JERK over what I wrote?? You should be ashamed. First, never once did I say there was zero growth. Re-read what I wrote. I wrote there was zero density, which is mostly true for anyone with knowledge of hair restoration surgery and results. Second, what "ridicuous claim" are you referring to about number of grafts(?), I must ask politely. But assuming you were talking about this post and the OP's grafts, even if I am wrong, it is simply an opinion that ultimately was me trying to help the man, especially since there have been many cases in the history of this industry where paid number of grafts not all ending up in the recipient area. I told him it's "just something to think about".

If this is a board where people are simply allowed to only write "great" and "amazing" for every single case never trying to dig deeper and figure out what could have went wrong or how things could have been better, then that's a problem. This industry already has too many issues. Not allowing someone to speak out in (what I felt was) a perfectly justifiable way will only lead to more. If I offended anyone I do apologize but I still feel strongly about what I have wrote.

Edited by SD1984
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Marko7t4 said:

I had mine done by Dr Arshad almost 2 months ago. He mentioned a consultation after 12 months to assess the transplant. Are you seeing him now because you’re concerned about the progress?  

Partially yeah, I've been updating the Dr every couple months with updates etc and have highlighted the issues mentioned before, so been invited in for a proper review to check progress & then any discuss further treatment/top ups etc to achieve the full result if needed. So will see how the review goes.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

@SD1984

You’re pretty out of line here. The guy is just putting it over as he sees it and in a fair and balanced way. Just because your MOD doesn’t give you the right to control opinions. 

There is still 3 months to go and hopefully a bit of thickening etc to come. Good luck! The Hair Dr will always be there to help you through and are very ethical and will not stop until you get the result you are happy with. 

Edited by Kingthin

2 hours ago, Kingthin said:

You’re pretty out of line here. The guy is just putting it over as he sees it and in a fair and balanced way. Just because your MOD doesn’t give you the right to control opinions. 

There is still 3 months to go and hopefully a bit of thickening etc to come. Good luck! The Hair Dr will always be there to help you through and are very ethical and will not stop until you get the result you are happy with. 

Did you got to The Hair Dr for your HT too?

5 hours ago, Kingthin said:

He said the post was reported so yea maybe OP got offended I can see both sides

• Administrators

Guys,

We’re de-railing this topic. @SD1984 this is an open forum, but that does not mean there are no rules or etiquette. 

Need I remind everyone that this forum is free, you don’t pay anything to use it, we don’t pay anyone to share reviews. If no one feels comfortable enough to share, then the whole purpose of the forum will be lost. 

I’m not sorry nor will I be shamed for doing my job. It is my job to address an issue when it is reported, and your post was reported. Plain and simple, you don’t have to like everything I do or say, and no doubt as a moderator I’m not going to be everyone’s favorite all the time. I’m totally fine with that, but I do have to make sure it’s fair, balanced and no one feels attacked. There’s a way to convey your opinion without being harsh. 

Onwards and upwards,

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

8 minutes ago, RandoBrando517 said:

He said the post was reported so yea maybe OP got offended I can see both sides

I didn't get offended or report anything for the record.

And thanks Melvin appreciate the work you do on this forum to keep it running!

Certainly can see the issues you are talking about, but at 9 months still plenty of time to see change.  Some people are also slow growers.  Need to wait it out until atleast 12 months if not a little more.  It will be interesting to hear what the doctor has to say. 

Best of luck!  Following this thread. 

• Like 2

Just now, gatorNic said:

Certainly can see the issues you are talking about, but at 9 months still plenty of time to see change.  Some people are also slow growers.  Need to wait it out until atleast 12 months if not a little more.  It will be interesting to hear what the doctor has to say. 

Best of luck!  Following this thread. 

I agree! thanks, will update after review with Dr

• Like 1

Hi Guys, quick update!

I had a constructive and welcome 9 month in person check up with the Hair Dr today, we had a close look at the hair progress so far, took pictures etc and looked under a microscope.

The Dr acknowleged & agreed with the concerns regarding the lack of density overall, and growth on the left side of the hairline especially. Said it was dissapointing but not to worry, we will get the result in the end.

We are not quite sure why some of the grafts just havent come through at all, but oh well. Many factors are at play and it happens!

I've been given 3 months of Minoxidil to try for the last 3 months of the full 12 month recovery to see if it can boost the graft areas with more bloodflow and push through some more grafts that haven't come through, and thicken the thin hairs that have already come through. 

Nothing to lose for these last 3 months trying Minoxidil to see if it can help, but the Dr said regardless, a free top up would be provided as part of the treatment plan to add some more grafts to the thin areas, which should achieve the full result in the end! 

It wouldn't require too many more grafts, and should be a simple half day job. Regarding the multi grafts in the hairline, he said they can either be easily punched out and replaced, or just have singles implanted around them, but at this stage they don't bother me so will decide that in 3-4 months after final review, and top up if needed.

Overall, very happy with the check up and the advice given and the plan going forward, just have to see where we are after the full 12 months, and if a top up is needed then I'm sure we'll get the full result in the end.

Unless any significant progress is made over the last 3 months of recovery I won't be updating much, I will update after 12 months with the final review, and then plans for top up etc.

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Update:

I am going for a consultation tomorrow with the Hair Dr to plan my Touch Up appointment, no real growth of progress since my last update, so hoping the free touch up will fill up the areas still lacking density on the hairline.

Will update tomorrow after my consultation!

• Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 12:47 AM, SD1984 said:

This is an outrageous response. This is a message board/forum, where people should be allowed to give their opinions whether positive or negative. To be reported and called a JERK over what I wrote?? You should be ashamed. First, never once did I say there was zero growth. Re-read what I wrote. I wrote there was zero density, which is mostly true for anyone with knowledge of hair restoration surgery and results. Second, what "ridicuous claim" are you referring to about number of grafts(?), I must ask politely. But assuming you were talking about this post and the OP's grafts, even if I am wrong, it is simply an opinion that ultimately was me trying to help the man, especially since there have been many cases in the history of this industry where paid number of grafts not all ending up in the recipient area. I told him it's "just something to think about".

If this is a board where people are simply allowed to only write "great" and "amazing" for every single case never trying to dig deeper and figure out what could have went wrong or how things could have been better, then that's a problem. This industry already has too many issues. Not allowing someone to speak out in (what I felt was) a perfectly justifiable way will only lead to more. If I offended anyone I do apologize but I still feel strongly about what I have wrote.

I'm 100% with you on this. I don't understand why noone is calling this out as a failed transplant thus far and why Melvin doesn't want you calling it out. Hopefully things have improved for op

13 hours ago, theshape1122 said:

Update:

I am going for a consultation tomorrow with the Hair Dr to plan my Touch Up appointment, no real growth of progress since my last update, so hoping the free touch up will fill up the areas still lacking density on the hairline.

Will update tomorrow after my consultation!

Keep us updated mate. They’ve put me on Minoxidil after 5 months. 

On 8/2/2021 at 7:46 PM, theshape1122 said:

Hi Guys, quick update!

I had a constructive and welcome 9 month in person check up with the Hair Dr today, we had a close look at the hair progress so far, took pictures etc and looked under a microscope.

The Dr acknowleged & agreed with the concerns regarding the lack of density overall, and growth on the left side of the hairline especially. Said it was dissapointing but not to worry, we will get the result in the end.

We are not quite sure why some of the grafts just havent come through at all, but oh well. Many factors are at play and it happens!

I've been given 3 months of Minoxidil to try for the last 3 months of the full 12 month recovery to see if it can boost the graft areas with more bloodflow and push through some more grafts that haven't come through, and thicken the thin hairs that have already come through. 

Nothing to lose for these last 3 months trying Minoxidil to see if it can help, but the Dr said regardless, a free top up would be provided as part of the treatment plan to add some more grafts to the thin areas, which should achieve the full result in the end! 

It wouldn't require too many more grafts, and should be a simple half day job. Regarding the multi grafts in the hairline, he said they can either be easily punched out and replaced, or just have singles implanted around them, but at this stage they don't bother me so will decide that in 3-4 months after final review, and top up if needed.

Overall, very happy with the check up and the advice given and the plan going forward, just have to see where we are after the full 12 months, and if a top up is needed then I'm sure we'll get the full result in the end.

Unless any significant progress is made over the last 3 months of recovery I won't be updating much, I will update after 12 months with the final review, and then plans for top up etc.

Thanks!

One thing I've learned by watching these boards for years now - is that it's important to establish what went wrong before going ahead with another HT.  Do you have any itching/burning/crawling sensations on your scalp - either now or before the first HT

I'd be really careful to rule out an autoimmune condition first -or you could potentially end up in the same/worse situation after a 2nd HT.

Edited by mcr7777

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2021 at 11:32 AM, mcr7777 said:

One thing I've learned by watching these boards for years now - is that it's important to establish what went wrong before going ahead with another HT.  Do you have any itching/burning/crawling sensations on your scalp - either now or before the first HT

I'd be really careful to rule out an autoimmune condition first -or you could potentially end up in the same/worse situation after a 2nd HT.

nope didn't suffer any of that. One thing we think is that we used too many singles last time, and some of mine are very fine, so didn't provide enough density.

UPDATE - FUE TOUCH UP @ THE HAIR DR - 15.12.2021

Hi Guys, new update.

I had my touch up today to add more density to my hairline at The Hair Dr with Dr Arshad which went really well.

I arrived at 7:45 am & had the initial consultation with the Dr where we looked at which areas to fill etc. Initially Dr Arshad said we would probably use around 500 grafts.

I then shaved my head and headed into the Treatment room where Dr Arshad performed the extractions himself.

We ended up extracting around 800 grafts in the end! lots of multis to dense pack the area behind the hairline, and some more singles to build up the hairline a little more.

We then moved straight onto the incisions which Dr Arshad performed himself again, & I also had PRP treatment done at the same time which we hope will promote regrowth even more with the new grafts!

Dr Arshad then put a few grafts in himself into the hairline around the couple of multigrafts that were in there from my first transplant.

After this the Technicians implanted the rest of the grafts & we were done by around 1pm.

I had a quick bite of lunch there which was provided for me & then we took some pics etc and went over the aftercare plan,

So now I am home & healing and a little sore, but looking forward to seeing the results in the coming months.

All in all, everyone was very kind & professional as always & I have had a great day.

Few pics attached from when I got home, I will upload the pics we took at the clinic before and straight after when I get hold of them.

1995194607_Day1FrontEdit.thumb.jpg.df8ff767c8cc5e17d160bb113392184e.jpg

439756593_Day1Side3.thumb.jpg.7e2bbed3ea961f45277fa66d18faaee5.jpg

1385208423_Day1Side4.thumb.jpg.6b1c80059b6cf814ce5cb89ad407052b.jpg

1940137621_Day1Side2Edit.thumb.jpg.67aa6958685b2ebe7be6191e74a2239a.jpg

915839976_Day1SideEdit.thumb.jpg.a6fcd9114ab2f0be032f95b76e1d9f59.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, JC71 said:

Looking forward to following part 2 👍🏽 Glad it went well, and that you ended up with more grafts than expected ! 

Thanks! me too, anesthetic wearing off now so quite painful now, hopefully be able to get a good sleep!

• Like 1