Does it make sense using Minoxidil on crown?

• Administrators

Absolutely it makes sense, the crown is where it works best.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, DenverBuff1989 said:

For what its worth I diligently put Rogaine foam on my crown daily for 3 years with absolutely zero regrowth.

It works best by maintaining the crown, have you noticed additional loss?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@servonoparecchicapelli I think you are misinterpreting my comment. I have not noticed any additional loss since starting Dutasteride and Rogaine. For all I know my crown loss has just naturally stopped on its own (a lot of people have some hairloss and then it doesnt proceed further), or it could have been the Dut or Rogaine. But I'm not sure which of the 3 factors it would be. 

Check out this man's thread. He went from this, to this on the Big 3 + derma rolling + keeping healthy + being persistent. I've gotten quite a bit of regrowth in the temporal regions in the 5 months I've started using min and fin. Not sure which one is doing it either. But in case it is min that is causing the regrowth, doesn't make sense for me to stop using it. No growth really at the vertex or the crown though.

If you are losing hair due to male pattern baldness and only taking Rogaine/minoxidil, its only going to help in the short term because it doesn't address the underlying cause of male pattern baldness -DHT, that's flowing through your blood and latching on to DHT sensitive hair follicle receptors. Finasteride and dutasteride are the DHT blockers, Rogaine/minoxidil is just enhancing those vulnerable hairs and extending their growth cycles until the DHT completely takes them out.

Fin/Dut helps keep the hairs alive and Rogain/minoxdil enhances them. They complement each other and you should use them both if you want to maximize your results

• Like 1

On 11/1/2020 at 9:55 AM, jimcraig152 said:

Check out this man's thread. He went from this, to this on the Big 3 + derma rolling + keeping healthy + being persistent. I've gotten quite a bit of regrowth in the temporal regions in the 5 months I've started using min and fin. Not sure which one is doing it either. But in case it is min that is causing the regrowth, doesn't make sense for me to stop using it. No growth really at the vertex or the crown though.

What's the 3rd product in the big 3...Nizoral?

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Thanks. I felt my hair shed a bit after trying that in 2012, will give it another go and start slowly. 

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon