Need Doctor in Chicagoland Area

AD82

Hey guys. I am looking for good doctor in Chicagoland Area. I had a consultation today at International Hair Transplant. Dr Carlos Puig has several law suits and is not a part of this group. I was told that I need 2500 units and it would cost $11,250 with FUE method.   What do you guys know about Dr. Carlos Puig? Who should I see next? 

Edited by AD82
Needed to add a tag

He's a guy that has been around since the plug days of the 70s and 80s.  No idea if he's any good to be honest.

I would suggest Konior (1 year waiting list) or his protege Nadimi (6 month waiting list?), in Oakbrook Terrace.

Also worth checking Panine who is also rercommended on this site.

• Like 2

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Thanks for the quick reply. I just filled the consultation info for Konior and sent him pictures. I am looking to get the FUE completed asap.  Does Panine have a waiting period? Is there a price difference between Konior, Nadimi and Panine ?

Konior, no question.  He's worth the wait.  

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• Administrators
  • Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, makehairgreatagain said:

Konior, Nadimi and Panine. I know its tempting with all the advertising for Restore but avoid at all costs, it's a hair mill.

No kidding about Restore.  Everywhere you turn your head in Chicago you see Brian Urlacher looking at you with some cheesy hair pun.  🙄

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, aaron1234 said:

No kidding about Restore.  Everywhere you turn your head in Chicago you see Brian Urlacher looking at you with some cheesy hair pun.  🙄

His partners are the cash4gold guys. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

21 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

His partners are the cash4gold guys. 

Sounds legit 😂

6 hours ago, AD82 said:

I have an appointment with Panine on Monday and I can possibly have surgery as early as November. 

Dr. Panine is great. He's highly recommended on here and is very ethical. He's got a lot of great results posted on here as well. 

• Thanks 1

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

On 10/7/2020 at 12:39 AM, AD82 said:

Hey guys. I am looking for good doctor in Chicagoland Area. I had a consultation today at International Hair Transplant. Dr Carlos Puig has several law suits and is not a part of this group. I was told that I need 2500 units and it would cost $11,250 with FUE method.   What do you guys know about Dr. Carlos Puig? Who should I see next? 

I actually just got my procedure done with Konior yesterday!! Yes, the waitlist and price is crazy. Here are my comments around my experience with Konior.