Little advice please

Just a little bit of advice please if anyone can enlightened me on a couple of things.
For as long as I can remember I’ve washed my hair twice a day when showering, is this a bad thing or is irrelevant ? 
I’m 1 month post op from 4200 graphs FUE, is there any evidence this could have added to my hair loss over the years and could it affect things moving forward? I’m never going to stop showering twice a day but I could refrain from washing my hair while in the shower, it would be great if anyone could “shed” any light on this.  

Also......

Just a quick question. 
How long after a HT can I start using Minoxidil again? I still feel a little tender and numb on the recipient area as Minoxidil contains alcohol I didn’t want to irritate anything and cause itching etc.    

TIA 

• Like 1

Hi

Washing your hair 2x a day seems like overkill as it may strip your scalp and follicles of the natural oils that keep the hair strong and healthy but I wouldn’t say it would give you early hair loss unless you had an underlying condition, scalp or general health.

Personally, I started Minox a month after my HT, which seemed fine.

Washing the hair does not really cause hair loss. But washing excessive times might lead to wear and tear of hair. Once a day should be sufficient to shampoo your hair with a mild shampoo.

Minoxidil can be started after a month of the procedure.

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

13 minutes ago, Pauls said:

Just one other thing if you don’t mind answering for me??? 

How long after my HT is it advised when I can start using a sun bed again (fast tan stand up) 

TIA

My clinic instructed 6 months for both sun or sunbed but every clinic post op instructions vary. The only instruction I didn’t follow to the letter was the sun bed. I think I waited between 8 or 12 weeks before having a stand up again but I always wore a bandana with a cap over the top to protect my scalp and had less minutes too. 

Edited by Craig2412

15 minutes ago, Craig2412 said:

My clinic instructed 6 months for both sun or sunbed but every clinic post op instructions vary. The only instruction I didn’t follow to the letter was the sun bed. I think I waited between 8 or 12 weeks before having a stand up again but I always wore a bandana with a cap over the top to protect my scalp and had less minutes too. 

Cheers for your reply mate. I guess if your head is fully protected I can’t really see it being a issue. 
dunno where I’ll get a bandana in the UK though !! 😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ciaus said:

Cowboy hats work too! :D

Haha....

I might look a bit of a dick walking in the sun bed shop with a cowboy hat under my arm. I’ll probably give that one a miss pal. 

On 8/14/2020 at 4:19 PM, Pauls said:

Just a little bit of advice please if anyone can enlightened me on a couple of things.
For as long as I can remember I’ve washed my hair twice a day when showering, is this a bad thing or is irrelevant ? 
I’m 1 month post op from 4200 graphs FUE, is there any evidence this could have added to my hair loss over the years and could it affect things moving forward? I’m never going to stop showering twice a day but I could refrain from washing my hair while in the shower, it would be great if anyone could “shed” any light on this.  

Also......

Just a quick question. 
How long after a HT can I start using Minoxidil again? I still feel a little tender and numb on the recipient area as Minoxidil contains alcohol I didn’t want to irritate anything and cause itching etc.    

TIA 

The only reason this is recommended is because healing skin can produce more melanin when exposed to UV light which could lead to hyperpigmentaion (darkening of the skin). If you keep the areas covered (both donor and recipient sites), you should be fine.

Edited by joey_w

9 hours ago, Pauls said:

Cheers for your reply mate. I guess if your head is fully protected I can’t really see it being a issue. 
dunno where I’ll get a bandana in the UK though !! 😂

I’m from the UK and ordered mine on Amazon. Your probably find you can’t actually do that many mins as the bandana/cap used to leave a tan line across my forehead. 

On 8/16/2020 at 2:52 AM, Pauls said:

Just one other thing if you don’t mind answering for me??? 

How long after my HT is it advised when I can start using a sun bed again (fast tan stand up) 

TIA

Personally, I don't think it really affects the hair growth at all. Maybe skin iritation because the skin is still healing and vulnerable. 

After my headwash on the 8th day, I used to freely run around in the scorching August heat in India. And my hair grew fine. 

However, to be careful, you can avoid prolonged exposure of skin to harsh sunlight and chemicals for a month at the most. Using a good sunscreen can be a blessing.

• Like 1

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ