4000 Grafts - Dr. Arika Bansal - 7th Aug 2020

1 hour ago, rubberduck said:

I just got a haircut today, and I wanted to share some pictures with you all. It's been a while since I've been on this forum.

I took these photos in bright bathroom lighting. Overall, I think the outcome is okay considering I had 4k grafts. But if I could go back and see the results before spending a big chunk of my saving, I might have considered a different clinic or not gone for a hair transplant at all. I use concealer whenever I go out these days which makes it somewhat manageable.

The donor site looks really bad in these photos. I'm not sure if people notice this but nobody has commented or asked me about it.

ย 

back_left.jpg

back_right.jpg

back.jpg

front-close-edited.jpg

front-edited.jpg

top-close.jpg

top.jpg

After looking at the previous photos, I can say that Your donor looked much better just after five months of ht. I don't why your donor is looking like this currently. Is this because of the haircut and flash light or something else ? I'm highly confused. I think you should contact the clinic and share all the details of your current situation and definitely there would be a solution for this.

• Like 1

@Davidf Yeah. It looks normal, if I grow the hair out. I just had a haircut today and that's why it looks very patchy.

@Rawkerboiย  I did not see that particular post in the forum. Additionally, even if the offer had been made, it would have been challenging for me to travel at that point in time.

@Shadman Yes, it's the bright bathroom lights and the short haircut.

ย 

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, rubberduck said:

@A_4_Archan I haven't been in contact with them after the surgery. I'm uncertain about what they could do to remedy this at this stage. Typically, I try to manage by maintaining slightly longer hair on the sides and back.

Yeh the only option to solve this is by reconstructing the donor area with body hairs or the donor hair itself...and other non surgical option is to do SMP

Some of the comments above have pointed out that your previous posts suggest that your donor area is in good shape, but I believe that the longer hair length is the primary reason for that impression. One of the main advantages of opting for FUE over FUT is the ability to maintain a short haircut on the sides and back. Unfortunately, in your situation, a short hairstyle reveals that your donor area has not been managed well, and it is looking patchy, which goes against the main benefit of choosing FUE which is the flexibility to maintain a short haircut on the sides and back.

Edited by A_4_Archan
  • Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

-->ย My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

I feel bad for you man. Your hair texture is good and super thick. You should have better outcomes. Donor area-- Look at SMP. That will do. Mid scalp- let it be or maybe SMP there too.

But hairline, particularly that arrow shaped looks awful. Try to get it fixed. Did you try to talk to YOUR DOCTOR for this ??

• Like 1

Your donor looked perfect 9 months after your HT. Maybe itยดs also the light and angle when taking the photos.ย 
What medication are you taking? Why havent you contacted the clinic to talk about your concerns? I think they would be willing to help you.

• Thanks 1

I'm currently taking finasteride every other day. Life took its course, and I got married and shifted my focus away fromย  hair-related concerns. So I haven't really bothered contacting the clinic. I'll definitely reach out to the them, especially since many of you have suggested it.

6 hours ago, rubberduck said:

@shadow_god I haven't been particularly bothered by the hairline. I believe it may appear worse than it actually is due to the angle in the photo. Here's a picture from my gallery with concealer on.

PXL_20220512_042924637.PORTRAIT.jpg

Hairline doesn't look bad from away (here in this pic at least). Have you put concealers or fibers in hairline ?? can you share a pic without ??