4000 Grafts - Dr. Arika Bansal - 7th Aug 2020

5 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

Yes you do appear to have some shock loss, it will take a few months to correct itself. Hopefully it will tie in with your new growth.  Should only be another month until the real growth starts. Your nearly over the worst part. 

Yes, hoping for the best. Thanks for your kind words.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Guanyu76 said:

update?

The frontal region has got some solid growth. Midscalp and crown is still very sparse.

I feel that shock loss in the donor region has improved slightly.

I'm out on vacation. Will post pictures in a couple of days.

On 12/25/2020 at 11:42 PM, rubberduck said:

The frontal region has got some solid growth. Midscalp and crown is still very sparse.

I feel that shock loss in the donor region has improved slightly.

I'm out on vacation. Will post pictures in a couple of days.

Hope you are taking Finasteride. Please do share your pictures soon. We are excited to see the progress so far.

• Like 1

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

21 week update:

At 3.5 months I was getting really anxious since I was not seeing any growth.

No matter how much I read and knew about the whole ugly duckling phase, I was still not prepared for it. Thankfully, things started improving around the 4 month mark. 

I'll try to share pictures taken in different lighting conditions, since that makes a huge difference. I would love to hear your honest thoughts and opinions.

FRONT

front-fav-light.thumb.jpg.1be2c87ae417f0269b7eadd5639ee3b0.jpg

FRONT (UNDER HARSH LIGHT)

front-harsh.thumb.jpg.bb3ede260078d9013e8a1418ff562295.jpg

CROWN and MID-SCALP (UNDER HARSH LIGHT)

crown.thumb.jpg.ef9cacc9986b99be1b451bf08501c102.jpg

DONOR / SIDES

donor-right.thumb.jpg.c9e9cb330048766113227879a09bc476.jpg

donor-left.thumb.jpg.2ad26694639911c914478dd42d7457ea.jpg

On 12/28/2020 at 12:46 PM, Gabreille Nelson Mukhia said:

Hope you are taking Finasteride. Please do share your pictures soon. We are excited to see the progress so far.

Hey Nelson.

Thanks for asking. Yes, I have been regular with the medication and I take finasteride 1mg everyday. 

I'm also considering starting minoxidil for the crown. But not sure if it is a good idea to start at this point in time of the HT.

8 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Improvement since last pics. How is the shock loss ? 

There is some improvement.

The extraction pattern is still visible if I trim my hair short on the sides. 

I think I'll give it a few more months to recover.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2020 at 7:56 PM, Gabreille Nelson Mukhia said:

Excellent recovery. Hope you are taking Finasteride. 

Fin is utterly TOXIC to many ppl. In fact, many have permanent sexual side effects as a result.

I wouldnt recommend that to anyone ever!

48 minutes ago, GNX1 said:

Fin is utterly TOXIC to many ppl. In fact, many have permanent sexual side effects as a result.

I wouldnt recommend that to anyone ever!

There is some evidence that it can also cause infertility in men.
Even topical minoxidil can cause serious changes in the heart and blood vessels with long term use.
This is the problem with hair loss medications!

Edited by Seniormido

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Captain Haddock said:

An update is due my friend :)

Hairline is coming along nicely. It has thickened up quite well over the past month. The left side is a little weak compared to the right. But overall good improvement when compared to pre-op.

Mid-scalp is still see through even in dull lighting. Not sure if there is enough density there. Hopefully, it will improve in the next few months with the hairs maturing.

Overall, I'm reasonably happy with the growth. But I was expecting a little bit more at 6 months. Especially, seeing other's growth here and on youtube. I'm going to send some photos to Dr.Arika for evaluation. Will add an update here with photos after that.

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

At only 5 months (now 6) your donor has already started to improve as has the coverage which has started to kick in. If you compare your pre op pics to these one's there is a massive difference. Imagine the results in another 6 months! Remember that the crown always take longer to grow out. You've gone to the best their is in my book for high Norwoods. All the best and I look forward to your future updates.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, rubberduck said:

Hairline is coming along nicely. It has thickened up quite well over the past month. The left side is a little weak compared to the right. But overall good improvement when compared to pre-op.

Mid-scalp is still see through even in dull lighting. Not sure if there is enough density there. Hopefully, it will improve in the next few months with the hairs maturing.

Overall, I'm reasonably happy with the growth. But I was expecting a little bit more at 6 months. Especially, seeing other's growth here and on youtube. I'm going to send some photos to Dr.Arika for evaluation. Will add an update here with photos after that.

Nice to know this. Growth was always imminent. 8-10 months is when you'd truly shine I'm sure! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

At only 5 months (now 6) your donor has already started to improve as has the coverage which has started to kick in. If you compare your pre op pics to these one's there is a massive difference. Imagine the results in another 6 months! Remember that the crown always take longer to grow out. You've gone to the best their is in my book for high Norwoods. All the best and I look forward to your future updates.

Thanks for the kind words @Gatsby I know I'll have to be patient and have realistic expectations.

It is just that my youtube recommendations is bombarded with videos of people getting amazing results at six months. Time to take a break from youtube I guess 😅

1 minute ago, Captain Haddock said:

Nice to know this. Growth was always imminent. 8-10 months is when you'd truly shine I'm sure! 

Thanks Captain. I hope so too.

Just started following your thread, looking forward to your updates.

2 hours ago, rubberduck said:

6 months is still early so do not be discouraged if certain areas are filling in slower than others. This is actually quite common since each hair has its own cycle. You will have a better idea at the one year mark but there was already a noticeable difference on your last set of pics and it has probably gotten even better since then. Hang in there and if you feel you need more coverage on the mid scalp you can always have a second pass and it's actually normal for people to have a second pass.

• 1 month later...