4000 Grafts - Dr. Arika Bansal - 7th Aug 2020

• Administrators

Update? Hope all is well

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...

Apologies for not posting an update in a long time.  I was obsessing over the hair growth, so wanted to take a break.

HairlinePXL_20210428_123430378.thumb.jpg.aa5441dba4e25be54e3fb9e07d4daaef.jpg

PXL_20210428_134552959(1).thumb.jpg.0e322ddce3b5d8c50509aee57d33a01b.jpg

Temple points

PXL_20210429_120049406(1).thumb.jpg.936e6615a624ee39b49d87a02acde9ab.jpgPXL_20210429_120108976(1).thumb.jpg.aefd60a8a0500daec168fd28c65bdf37.jpg

Without combing or styling 

1121724443_PXL_20210428_1252585482(1).thumb.jpg.528df7351edea0a9b00d0dbf81c50582.jpg

After combing

PXL_20210428_134152921_MP.thumb.jpg.b5e34cf259e4e2a50b83aab8c9f45822.jpg

The left side has not filled in. So I use fibers when going out. I'll probably need a second HT to touch up those areas.

1 minute ago, JohnAC71 said:

It’s definitely improved a lot, still time left for further growth/maturing. I can see the area thats not filled in so much. I’m guessing that Eugenix might rectify this ? 

It has made a big cosmetic difference. I just wish the left side has grown as well as the right side. I tried a few different hairstyles to cover up the patchy areas. But nothing really looks good.  

I haven't been in contact with Dr.Arika / Eugenix. I'm planning to have call with the doctor and assess the growth by next week. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rubberduck said:

It has made a big cosmetic difference. I just wish the left side has grown as well as the right side. I tried a few different hairstyles to cover up the patchy areas. But nothing really looks good.  

I haven't been in contact with Dr.Arika / Eugenix. I'm planning to have call with the doctor and assess the growth by next week. 

Great news, they have very good after care. I’m sure they will refine it for you. 

• Like 1

Thanks @rubberduckfor updating us...it means a lot to those of us that are considering Eugenix.

So, the way I see it is you have come a super long way from where you started! You have achieved much growth so far and I think it is important to remember to give it 18 month or so to see the very final results. I love the hairline which is somewhat, yet not too conservative.

In addition, to go from around a NW5 or so to near complete coverage utilizing only 3,500 scalp grafts (and 500 beard) is very good!

If things don't fill in on the left side towards the back, I would assume that it wouldn't take too many more grafts to achieve full coverage.

Keep in mind that many times HTs are style jobs, so you will likely have to continue to brush in ways to give the appearance of fullness.

I'm curious to hear Dr. Arika's take on your situation.

Please come back and update us. We are here to support!

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, SLA said:

Thanks @rubberduckfor updating us...it means a lot to those of us that are considering Eugenix.

So, the way I see it is you have come a super long way from where you started! You have achieved much growth so far and I think it is important to remember to give it 18 month or so to see the very final results. I love the hairline which is somewhat, yet not too conservative.

In addition, to go from around a NW5 or so to near complete coverage utilizing only 3,500 scalp grafts (and 500 beard) is very good!

If things don't fill in on the left side towards the back, I would assume that it wouldn't take too many more grafts to achieve full coverage.

Keep in mind that many times HTs are style jobs, so you will likely have to continue to brush in ways to give the appearance of fullness.

I'm curious to hear Dr. Arika's take on your situation.

Please come back and update us. We are here to support!

I had super high expectations to be honest. It has taken me sometime to process and accept the reality of hair transplantation.

I'm hopeful that with some further maturing and a second procedure, I'll get the coverage I'm looking for.

I'm going to wait atleast 15 months before thinking about the next steps.

Thanks for your kind words @SLA

• Like 1

What I have noticed with some is that all of the sudden your get massive growth in a couple of weeks time span. This certainly can happen. 

It is still early and you have come a long way already! 

It's far from over...

• Like 2

Also keep in mind that the beard hair takes even longer. So it is possible that you are not seeing any of beard hairs until the 12 to 15 month mark. That could legitimately play a factor in the late blooming.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MazAB said:

Also keep in mind that the beard hair takes even longer. So it is possible that you are not seeing any of beard hairs until the 12 to 15 month mark. That could legitimately play a factor in the late blooming.

Exactly this ☝️

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dr Arika Bansal does not have a personal profile here. However, I shall be representing Eugenix and Dr Arika Bansal's views and sharing them with you.
The doctor is of the opinion that the hairline does seem sparse. She believes that a little bit of work on the hairline zone would further enhance and densify the region. If you are dissatisfied with the hairline zone then we can definitely go ahead and get the additional procedure done.
The doctor is of the opinion that the h.
We have taken single grafts from the nape of the neck and hence, they might have miniaturized over time. The rest of the scalp looks dense. The hairline looks a little sparse. You will require around 300 grafts in the hairline region.

Edited by Gabreille Nelson Mukhia
  • Like 1

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

• 2 years later...

I just got a haircut today, and I wanted to share some pictures with you all. It's been a while since I've been on this forum.

I took these photos in bright bathroom lighting. Overall, I think the outcome is okay considering I had 4k grafts. But if I could go back and see the results before spending a big chunk of my saving, I might have considered a different clinic or not gone for a hair transplant at all. I use concealer whenever I go out these days which makes it somewhat manageable.

The donor site looks really bad in these photos. I'm not sure if people notice this but nobody has commented or asked me about it.

back_left.jpg

back_right.jpg

back.jpg

front-close-edited.jpg

front-edited.jpg

top-close.jpg

top.jpg

• Valued Contributor

@rubberduck

I want to express my sympathy for the difficulties you're experiencing with your hair transplant. It seems like you expected 4,000 grafts to yield a higher density in the middle of your scalp and your expectations were easily achievable and i believe you should have got better density in the mid scalp with 4k grafts 

Plus your donor are is also poorly managed. I've noticed similar cases with Eugenix, where the donor area has been mishandled. This might be due to having numerous technicians working with different doctors, which can potentially have a negative impact on the final results.

You might consider getting a high fade haircut to help conceal the issue. Additionally, Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP) is an option worth exploring, as it can assist in improving the overall appearance.

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

@A_4_Archan I appreciate your suggestions, they are very helpful. To be honest, my primary disappointment lies more in the donor area management rather than the mid-scalp density. I believe a smaller transplant could easily address the mid-scalp concern, but concealing the issues in the donor area will be a bigger challenge.

I'm currently not considering any new HT or additional procedures for at least the next two years. I plan to reevaluate my options at that time and decide on the best course of action. Thanks again for your input.

Eugenix did offer your 300 Grafts to add density on your Hairline, Why didn't you opt for?

Your mid scalp is still lagging density and it's good that you are not in hurry to jump for another HT.

On 8/12/2021 at 9:56 PM, Gabreille Nelson Mukhia said:

Dr Arika Bansal does not have a personal profile here. However, I shall be representing Eugenix and Dr Arika Bansal's views and sharing them with you.
The doctor is of the opinion that the hairline does seem sparse. She believes that a little bit of work on the hairline zone would further enhance and densify the region. If you are dissatisfied with the hairline zone then we can definitely go ahead and get the additional procedure done.
The doctor is of the opinion that the h.
We have taken single grafts from the nape of the neck and hence, they might have miniaturized over time. The rest of the scalp looks dense. The hairline looks a little sparse. You will require around 300 grafts in the hairline region.