My FUE scars repair - FUE scar repair was 600 + 1.100 + 600 BHT - Dr Mwamba, Brussels

If I understand correctly, you purposely over-harvested your scalp donor because those hairs are better suited for scalp recipient areas, and then you filled in your depleted donor with body hair because the difference is less noticeable there, especially as you have your hair cut short?

I would love if you can share more details on your past operations.

2 hours ago, giegnosiganoe said:

If I understand correctly, you purposely over-harvested your scalp donor because those hairs are better suited for scalp recipient areas, and then you filled in your depleted donor with body hair because the difference is less noticeable there, especially as you have your hair cut short?

I would love if you can share more details on your past operations.

Pretty much, yes

I didn't purposely over-harvest it though. It was a natural consequence of trying to fill the recipient, suddenly I realized I had gone too far and that the donor didn't look good anymore so I started Fit Farming (concept developed by Cole or Mwamba) where you replenish the donor area with BHT.

And yes, you can't tell there are BHT, they would have very low coverage value on the recipient hair being 90% of them single hairs.

On 7/23/2020 at 11:22 AM, mustang said:

For those who are wondering, here is my hair after 13 surgeries.

Left-side.jpg

Right-Side.jpg

Top-View.jpg

This is phenomenal. What did you look like to start? Would love a before and after. This right here is the dream. Money well spent for a slam dunk result like this. Kudos to you for getting what you want. 

• Like 1

Thanks buddy

I will do a full report all of my surgeries with pictures and well documents reviews of all the doctors I have been too

It will take a long time but I think it can help people to see what can be achieved

Thanks again

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

By the way

My donor before Mwamba's repair:

IMG-0708.jpg and now

IMG-0709.jpg (Post op 10 days)

For those interested Dr Mwamba has opened up a second clinic in Atlanta where he performs surgeries himself for just 5 USD per graft for FUE and 6 USD for BHT.

Thank you guys 

Here are the pics from the final pass today. I can only thank Dr Mwamba and his team for having done 3 days of surgery at just 300 grafts per day to ensure the grafts were safely removed from body hair. No rotation on the punch (only oscillation). If my result is 75% as good as my first pass I will be very happy indeed.

I took the chance to add 60 grafts to my left temple. Here are the pics:

IMG-1024.png
IMG-1022.jpg
IMG-1014.jpg

On a side note I want to say THANK YOU to the clinic again for giving me accommodation for 10 nights so I could sleep on one side and wait for recovery to to the other side.

No clinic has ever gone that far for me before.

Hope to have some results in 4-5 months

Edited by mustang

Dr Mwamba, not only answers to posts in great detail, but he seems to know what he is doing.  He uses a variety of punches and it is good for people to ask him what kind and he will answer.

Your donor is coming out really well and natural looking.  I like the nice density you got up top as well.  It looks natural and hip. 

When you come to extract the 750-1000 extra later on from the donor, how will the doc know which are native scalp grafts, and which are BHT - or are you just replenishing specific zones at the moment, so they will be able to extract from an area knowing it hasn't be touched with BHT? 

Also, do you take any preventative medication? 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Curious25 said:

When you come to extract the 750-1000 extra later on from the donor, how will the doc know which are native scalp grafts, and which are BHT - or are you just replenishing specific zones at the moment, so they will be able to extract from an area knowing it hasn't be touched with BHT? 

Also, do you take any preventative medication? 

BHT are single grafts.

If I ever extract again it will be only doubles. I am pretty sure under magnification it will be no problem

Yes, I am on Topical Dutasteride for 9 months. I have zero hair loss and no sides for the first time in my life. Did lab work and scalp DHT was significantly reduced while leaving serum DHT untouched. Topical Finasteride gave me worse sides than oral fin. 

10 hours ago, giegnosiganoe said:

900 grafts over 3 days, so only 300 a day? That's unheard of for BHT, I can't understand why so much time would be required?

What was the cost per graft if you don't mind?

It was 1.050 in the end

550 grafts day 1

250 and 300 on day 2 and 3

I am sure the doctor would have been able to make much more but he punched every one of them with great care, uses ATP and a custom solution to ensure the same survival rate as regular FUE which not many doctors do. 

He also implanted on an unshaven head and my BHT was very sparse, not the best conditions.

• 3 weeks later...

Dr Mwamba’s artistic temporal creation is a good thing to note.  He seems to have great control with his hands. It flows really well.  I like how he broke up the procedure like that in hree days for just 900 grafts.  I think it definitely helps with yield overall and many docs do not do that.  Making a big difference by utilizing minimal graft use is also interesting to see.  Can’t wait to see the update.  Looking good though and so far it looks quite natural- placement of graft Esp.  

I don’t think it looks too bad at all considering the shock loss. You still plan on doing smp in the donor? Did you talk to dr mwamba about smp at all? I plan on doing it for my fue scars around end of the year. 

I think it looks good , even more so for only 1 month post op! 

Are there any other doctors Currently with this trail of thought - purposely over harvesting scalp donor to later replenish with BHT!

It’s a concept that really appeals to me, and strikes me as being more logical on a number of fronts, however I’ve not seen or heard anyone doing this until now in this thread ? 

I don't think any ethical Dr in the world would over harvest your donor. 

They can take up to 40% of your donor area homogenously before it looks depleted. 

Let's say you have 25.000 grafts and they take 40%, you will have successfully removed 10.000 grafts and leave a normal looking donor (this has been done by Lorenzo many times and all his videos are on youtube). Example: 

If you want to take another 1.000 grafts from that patient you will have to do a re-stocking which normally allows you to remove a further 50% of what has been re-added

For example. Dr Mwamba added 1.500 BHT into my donor area and I hope, if everything grows, that I can take another 750 FUE from it.

Now, if you have more BHT (mine was very limited) and can re-implant al 10.000 back then you can probably take another 5.000 grafts with it still looking natural and blending together thus extending your donor from 10.000 grafts to 15.000 grafts.

Considering a Norwood 7 pattern requires 12.000 grafts to be restored then this is a game changer.

This guy in the video restored his with 10K. While it's an amazing result I am sure he wants another 1.000 grafts on his crown. His donor is maxed oute

He could benefit from this protocol which is called "Fit Farming"

Edited by mustang
  • Like 1