Dr Lorenzo or Dr Couto?

On 1/22/2021 at 12:29 PM, Smash said:

These are good data points but i think it's important to break each of them down a bit further; especially if they're being used to make a decision on what clinic, or doctor to pick. My replies to these points are as follows:

1. RE: successful surgeon in the world. Successful based on what? Did he make the most money? Do other surgeons line up for advice?  Happiest clients? Are his results deemed better than anyone else? And by whom? Does he have the best marketing? My point here is its tricky to measure "successful" beyond a generalisation; unless a specific context is added. It's certainly reasonable to say you feel he's the best, but what are you basing that on?

2. RE: a long waiting list. How is he acquiring his clients? Does volume of clients equate to quality? Perhaps his marketing in his home market is best?

3. RE: He is full of patients. Perhaps this implies he needs a better admin system for handling them all? To me it reads he is crammed. 

4. RE: He is not interested in this [forum]. Does that mean he does his best work with his home market? Does the Mediterranean client base have a specific hair type that he deals best with? What I mean here is that if I'm going to get something as important as surgery, I want to know i'm looked after (ideally in my own language) and not pushed through a hair mill; regardless who the operator is. 

5. RE: You will regret cancelling. There may be regrets ...or not! It's difficult to discern what 'better' means. I have previously read (perhaps incorrectly?) that Couto packs in grafts to hairlines to create a powerful result. I'm not a surgeon so I can't say if that's a good practice; however, I would consider IF that is  indeed correct, what the implications are to the rest of the hair through the lifetime. Perhaps there is less donor hair to use in future; or implications we don't fully understand. Something to investigate further. 

I think there are surgeons out there who do great work and create impressive results. It seems Couto is one of them. However, due to a lack of English materials (which again, probably isn't his target market) it isn't clear where: 1) his strengths are beyond testimonial videos; 2) what the overall experience is in working with him; and 3) what relationship to expect during the process. 

You really have time on your hands my friend. I have no desire to overcomplicating things answering point by point.

I have had surgery with 5 or 6 of the best FUE surgeons in the world (most consistent outstanding results, highest graft survival rates and close to a 100% patient satisfaction, almost non existent bad reviews after thousands of surgeries performed) and Couto is by a mile the best out of all of them. Second is Freitas. Third comes Feriduni. After that I would put Dr Lorenzo and Bruno Pinto.

The best BHT surgeon by far Mwamba and HLC (Ozgur)

1 hour ago, mustang said:

You really have time on your hands my friend. I have no desire to overcomplicating things answering point by point.

I have had surgery with 5 or 6 of the best FUE surgeons in the world (most consistent outstanding results, highest graft survival rates and close to a 100% patient satisfaction, almost non existent bad reviews after thousands of surgeries performed) and Couto is by a mile the best out of all of them. Second is Freitas. Third comes Feriduni. After that I would put Dr Lorenzo and Bruno Pinto.

Did you have 5 - 6 surgeries?  My rating is similar: 1. Dr. Couto, 2. Dr. De Freitas, 3. Dr. Lorenzo. If I went to the first HT, I would probably thinking about Dr. Ferreira... 

10 hours ago, miko said:

Did you have 5 - 6 surgeries?  My rating is similar: 1. Dr. Couto, 2. Dr. De Freitas, 3. Dr. Lorenzo. If I went to the first HT, I would probably thinking about Dr. Ferreira... 

I had 12 surgeries so far, going for my 13th and 14th this year

13 hours ago, mustang said:

If I'm reading you correctly, your favorite surgeon in the world is Couto, but he didn't even come close to delivering your best result? Why did you like him so much?

1 hour ago, mustang said:

I had 12 surgeries so far, going for my 13th and 14th this year

Ou, I am sorry for you. Please, which surgeons did you have? Is it possible to find your story somewhere? 

Hi Guys,

I will post my story and pictures end of this yea when my HT journey has been completed. Ironically enough I might shave it all off, get SMP and move on with life after 15 years of surgeries and treatments. I do have a full head of hair but I can't be bothered anymore with styling it or using toppik for the extra density

Halo, you have hundreds of results from Couto, if you don't trust his work I would advice to go somewhere else.

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, mustang said:

Hi Guys,

I will post my story and pictures end of this yea when my HT journey has been completed. Ironically enough I might shave it all off, get SMP and move on with life after 15 years of surgeries and treatments. I do have a full head of hair but I can't be bothered anymore with styling it or using toppik for the extra density

Halo, you have hundreds of results from Couto, if you don't trust his work I would advice to go somewhere else.

In your pictures, your hair already looks like it’s extremely dense. Even with the faux hawk hairstyle. I’d be interested to read your story. 

We have a site where you can create individual blogs/reviews for each surgeon and add pictures. Something you might wanna consider.

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 11 months later...
On 1/11/2022 at 3:31 AM, Prof101 said:

How to contact Dr. Coutou's office? Their website says it's under construction... 

He is worth the wait, if he offers a good consultation(?)  

Send him an email. You have to deside if is worth to wait. There is about 1 year waiting time for consultations and 1 year between consultations and surgery. But he doesn´t take new patients this time. Also Dr. De Freitas is very good surgeon in Spain. Last time I see a lot of perfect results also from Eugenix. 

On 1/25/2021 at 11:26 AM, mustang said:

I do have a full head of hair but I can't be bothered anymore with styling it or using toppik for the extra density

I can relate to this so much. My hair looks 10/10 when I style it, but in its complete natural state it looks a bit off. So I feel like I'm a slave to using product. 

Still, 12 surgeries still is something else...