Any forum members who got a transplant done by Dr. Juan Couto from FUEXPERT?

I have been following Juan Couto's youtube channel ever since that KPOP style hairtransplant video went viral. 
All the results he posts are mindblowing and almost unbelievable. 
Despite all that I have never come across anyone mentioning him on this forum or any post by his patients. 
Also assessing ability from a doctor's channel can lead to false impressions because they might only post the best outcomes. 
Would be great if someone who has gone under the knife at Fuexpert clinic can share their experience here.

I’m pretty sure there hasn’t been a documented case by patient on this forum. You have got to go to the Spanish forums and the international forums to see his patients cases. You can use a translator tool on your web browser to make it easier. You’ll see more results from the other 2 great soaking surgeons, de Freitas and Lorenzo there as well, although there is a great case from de Freitas on here and many from Lorenzo from the past. I agree with you that you should never trust YouTube marketing, even with the great Spanish surgeons.

It is probably a great time to get a consultation with any one of them as they can probably fit you in a lot sooner than normal due to the covid affecting their schedules. If you do decide to go to him and don’t mind please share your case on here it would be great for everyone to see his work on this forum.

• Administrators

His results on YouTube are astonishing, but I really wish there were some patients who would share their results on here, as real patient reviews are what matter the most. I would like to reach out to him, once this whole pandemic is over and life is back to normal.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 weeks later...

Consider his waiting list too, apparently a couple of years at present. Yes there are plenty of results but I havnt seen any real world ones. 
Im not going to be convinced until I see people post up a few experiences up on this forum.

thanks JohnBoy 71

more generally is a fue HT obvious until about 3- 4 months when it starts growing back or would you get away with taking a few weeks off work before going back to the office ?

thanks 

There are too many factors to consider When FUE has been done. From the donor area perspective then yes it quickly becomes less obvious that grafts have been taken(unless over harvested or shock loss occurs) 

when It comes to the grafted area it’s whole different game. 

Some people are able to get away with combing their hair forward to disguise what’s been done. 

for others like myself with a greater loss it was obvious something had been done. Look at as many of the results shown on this forum to see typical growth rates.

Real growth shows from approx 5-6 months onwards and will keep improving until approx 12 months. However my crown has improved right up to 18 months. 

Of course there are ways of disguising this and others have used toppik and other concealers.

By all means send me a message or start your own thread, wouldn’t want to derail the OP here.

Edited by Johnboy71

• Administrators

I've been impressed by this surgeon, I want to speak to him to have him come on the forum. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 4 months later...
On 6/2/2020 at 8:36 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

I've been impressed by this surgeon, I want to speak to him to have him come on the forum. 

I have visited him for a consultation. He is very professional and cares greatly for his patients. The waiting list is indeed long. For face to face consultation it took 9 months to wait. For an operation it depends on the patient and schedule. The operation can be split into 2 days aswell and so you could get a shorter waiting period for a procedure. The tricky part is getting into the list. I have gotten into it and I could practically schedule a date for an operation in less than a year. He is very frank with you. He tells how many grafts you could use your whole life and then asses the operational split for crown. Front. Etc.

He won't operate you if you haven't been on propecia/finasteride for at least a year and you promise him you will commit to it your whole life. Because as he told me. If he does the operation and I stop using the drug then the outcome would be worst than going bold. Because i'll have strands anywhere like hair plugs. And he doesnt want to waste his time and my money and health if I wont be able to commit to it.

Overall he has really made me positive about the whole thing. And he said upfront that if I feel that the drug affects me negatively then its better not to take it and not to get the operation. Because health is above all. Hair loss affects mental health and drug affects physical health (negatively / positively). 

To sum it up. It's been 10 months since im back on the drug. Feeling fine. And would probably schedule a date for the procedure somewhere in the summer of 2022(because of school maimly) - and because he said that its better to go through the procedure older. I was 24 when i visited him. He said he operates from 26+ but only for mild recession. Mine is NW3 and I have in his estimation 5K grafts in total for my entire life that can be used for harvesting. He will use 2-2.5K in 1st procedure in the front. And 1.5K in the crown for the 2nd one.

When i'll be after I promise to inform. Though it will take some time.. 😅

Edited by Ron94
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Ron94 said:

I have visited him for a consultation. He is very professional and cares greatly for his patients. The waiting list is indeed long. For face to face consultation it took 9 months to wait. For an operation it depends on the patient and schedule. The operation can be split into 2 days aswell and so you could get a shorter waiting period for a procedure. The tricky part is getting into the list. I have gotten into it and I could practically schedule a date for an operation in less than a year. He is very frank with you. He tells how many grafts you could use your whole life and then asses the operational split for crown. Front. Etc.

He won't operate you if you haven't been on propecia/finasteride for at least a year and you promise him you will commit to it your whole life. Because as he told me. If he does the operation and I stop using the drug then the outcome would be worst than going bold. Because i'll have strands anywhere like hair plugs. And he doesnt want to waste his time and my money and health if I wont be able to commit to it.

Overall he has really made me positive about the whole thing. And he said upfront that if I feel that the drug affects me negatively then its better not to take it and not to get the operation. Because health is above all. Hair loss affects mental health and drug affects physical health (negatively / positively). 

To sum it up. It's been 10 months since im back on the drug. Feeling fine. And would probably schedule a date for the procedure somewhere in the summer of 2022(because of school maimly) - and because he said that its better to go through the procedure older. I was 24 when i visited him. He said he operates from 26+ but only for mild recession. Mine is NW3 and I have in his estimation 5K grafts in total for my entire life that can be used for harvesting. He will use 2-2.5K in 1st procedure in the front. And 1.5K in the crown for the 2nd one.

Great info. The Doc sounds pretty ethical as well as producing stellar results.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hello, I have exactly the same concern. Amazing work but no review from clients, little info on the doctor etc.. I have visited the clinic and doctor, I am considering a surgery. but can't really tell if i m doing the right thing, Any input from someone? any feedback? clients? info on the doc?

On 10/27/2020 at 11:43 AM, Ron94 said:

hi ANy update on that? any info or clients of juan couto? we need to know if it is true..!

• Administrators

If any of you guys speak with Dr. Cuoto, you should encourage him to send his patients here to share their reviews. Ultimately, this is how we learn and research surgeons.

View my thread

On 5/13/2020 at 6:52 AM, tressful11 said:

I have been following Juan Couto's youtube channel ever since that KPOP style hairtransplant video went viral. 
All the results he posts are mindblowing and almost unbelievable. 
Despite all that I have never come across anyone mentioning him on this forum or any post by his patients. 
Also assessing ability from a doctor's channel can lead to false impressions because they might only post the best outcomes. 
Would be great if someone who has gone under the knife at Fuexpert clinic can share their experience here.

this video?

23 minutes ago, JohnBob said:

There are more reviews in that forum. Feel free to browse there.

YEAH I WENT BUT YOU ALWAYS SEE SAME GUYS POSTING(PROBABLY FAKE ACCOUNTS) DIFFICULT TO FIND REAL TESTIMONY OF THE PERSON OF THE SURGERY.. VERY CURIOUS TO HEAR FEEDBACK...AND MORE INFO

3 more patient reviews from the spanish forum:

https://foro.recuperarelpelo.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=84205

https://foro.recuperarelpelo.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=60731&start=225

https://foro.recuperarelpelo.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=79795

That's all I could get. Even there he doesn't have that many reviews. De Freitas patients, on the other hand, are all over the place. 

• Like 1

Dr Couto is considered the Top of the Tops in Spain.

In the forum “recuperar el pelo” there are thousands of amazing results and I have never seen a single one bad case from him. 

The big minus of this Dr is his huge waiting list to get consultation first and his huge waiting list to get surgery with him after this consultation.
From getting into his list for consultation until getting surgery with him average time could easily be two or three years.  

Personally I think that best one in Spain is Dr José Lorenzo, even better than Couto. The reason why I think like this is that Dr Lorenzo frequently faces extreme difficult cases and works frequently with BHT. He is specialized in impossible repairs and has a good amount of incredible results in cases that many Top Drs would never dare to face due to difficulty (extreme repairs, very high Norwood...). Nowdays the HT Industry has progressed a lot and there are more and more Drs/Clinics who can produce very good results specially in low NW but when depleted donor is present only the very best ones can handle it. 

Coming back to the topic, I have no doubts that Dr Couto is extremely consistent producing amazing results according to what I have been watching for many years in the HT forums of my country.

On 10/27/2020 at 4:43 AM, Ron94 said:

dang being forced to take finasteride is a turn off for me though...

• Like 1