GroMD. Is it worth it? Does it produce results?

I am considering giving this shampoo a try but it is very expensive. Has anyone got results with it?

I have used Regaine for 6 years and shampoo every 3 days with Nizoral. I think this has slowed down my hairloss. I am due to get a hair transplant next month but only in the forelock area. I am concerned about my crown and would like to prevent it getting worse and if possible thicken it up. I am scared to take finasteride. My main concern is that a want to have kids soon. I know I need to block DHT somehow but am scared of the side effects of finasteride.

Will this shampoo block DHT anymore than using Nizoral will? Do you need to use the Activator Spray or will the shampoo have an effect on its own?

• Administrators

It’s overpriced and doesn’t contain anything that would really block DHT. ketoconazole is what you should be looking in too. I use Lipogaine Big 3 shampoo, it’s half the price and contains the same ingredients plus ketoconazole

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

It’s overpriced and doesn’t contain anything that would really block DHT. ketoconazole is what you should be looking in too. I use Lipogaine Big 3 shampoo, it’s half the price and contains the same ingredients plus ketoconazole

I was looking into the Lipogaine shampoo. I see there is a big 3 and a big 5? Do you think the big 3 has given you any results? Do you take finasteride?

Seems scammy. I would stick to nizoral as it has the most studies showing effectiveness. If I really wanted to add another shampoo that MIGHT help based off of a single study (check it out here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18498517) then I would add something that had piroctone olamine as an ingredient. Again, its only one study showing its benefit so we don't know the true effectiveness.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Hairybiker said:

I thought it sounded too good to be true but it has been designed by an IAHRS surgeon and Spex is supportive of it.

That “rep” also takes dutasteride, but turns around and sells overpriced hair vitamins. The only things that actually work is finasteride, minoxidil, ketoconazole. Dutasteride is by far the most powerful drug to stop balding, but long term effects are unknown.

This site we’re all about no nonsense truth, the best treatment hands down are drugs that alter your horomones. Everything else is overpriced “fluff” supplements that are designed to take your money.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

9 hours ago, Hairybiker said:

I thought it sounded too good to be true but it has been designed by an IAHRS surgeon and Spex is supportive of it.

It’s funny bc on his site for years nizoral was recommended by spex. Then he went into the same page and replaced the word “nizoral” with “ groMD shampoo” yet forgot your replace it in one spot so it contradicts lol. He’s obvi getting paid to promote it

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
5 hours ago, LonelyGraft said:

It’s funny bc on his site for years nizoral was recommended by spex. Then he went into the same page and replaced the word “nizoral” with “ groMD shampoo” yet forgot your replace it in one spot so it contradicts lol. He’s obvi getting paid to promote it

Wow 😳

View my thread

• 8 months later...
On 4/24/2020 at 12:22 AM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Wow 😳

This is something I’ve always suspected from Spex. He has created a job for himself based on promoting ethical hair transplants but is just as bad as he is selling this snake oil crap.   It’s a con in reality. 

On another note I’m booked in with Dr. Bruno Ferreira in mid May. Finally! Will let you know how it goes. 3500 grafts. 😬

3 minutes ago, deeside81 said:

This is something I’ve always suspected from Spex. He has created a job for himself based on promoting ethical hair transplants but is just as bad as he is selling this snake oil crap.   It’s a con in reality. 

On another note I’m booked in with Dr. Bruno Ferreira in mid May. Finally! Will let you know how it goes. 3500 grafts. 😬

Dr Bruno Ferreira is a excellent choice 👏 good luck 😉 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, deeside81 said:

He’s ironically one of the biggest snakes in the industry, despite proclaiming he does what he does to help people avoid these very such people 🙄 

Good luck with your surgery in May, and please create a thread if you have the time, we all want to see more patient threads from Dr BF - he’s seemingly and up and coming rockstar. 

• Haha 1

On 4/22/2020 at 11:29 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Hi Mevlin

which would you recommend Lipogaine Big 3 shampoo or    nizoral ?

Cheers

On 4/23/2020 at 2:04 PM, LonelyGraft said:

Reminiscent of the search-and-replace Dwight/Dwigt typo in the Office episode where they read Michael’s screenplay 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I was considering buying goMD and I won't now. I use PURA D'OR Hair Thinning Therapy Biotin Shampoo and that seems to be the same and much cheaper. I also use Nizoral sometimes. I'm gonna consider Lipogaine but it looks similar to Pura Dor, so I might just stick with it

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Phab said:

I was considering buying goMD and I won't now. I use PURA D'OR Hair Thinning Therapy Biotin Shampoo and that seems to be the same and much cheaper. I also use Nizoral sometimes. I'm gonna consider Lipogaine but it looks similar to Pura Dor, so I might just stick with it

$100 a bottle is absolutely ludicrous. Lipogaine and Regenpure are still pretty expensive at $20 a bottle, but they work just as good as Nizoral with out the harshness. I understand we all want to make money, but selling shampoo at $100 a pop is insane to me.

• Sad 1

View my thread

• Administrators
On 1/26/2021 at 4:32 PM, Harry Bosch said:

Reminiscent of the search-and-replace Dwight/Dwigt typo in the Office episode where they read Michael’s screenplay 

This legit made me lol "who is dwigt" hahaha

View my thread

13 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

$100 a bottle is absolutely ludicrous. Lipogaine and Regenpure are still pretty expensive at $20 a bottle, but they work just as good as Nizoral with out the harshness. I understand we all want to make money, but selling shampoo at $100 a pop is insane to me.

Definitely, that's when you can tell a company is taking advantage of the multi-billion dollar hair loss market. I also should mention that I've used iRestore shampoo and I liked it. They are all good but no shampoo is gonna make the hair grow back. What really helps is finasteride and minoxidil, like you said. I've only been using these type of "hair growth" shampoos recently, in my 20s I've only used Finasteride and all regular to no shampoo and my hair was totally rockstar. So don't get fooled by expensive shampoos. I like Pura D'or cos its the cheapest. They're all the same

• 4 months later...
  • Administrators
On 8/3/2021 at 6:55 AM, JeremyJamesLevy said:

Building on this, @Melvin- Moderatorcoukd you comment on the differences between the Big 3 & 5 please? Thanks!

Do you mean the lipogaine shampoo?

View my thread

As Melvin said, GroMD is just overpriced and doesn't contain anything that will make a material difference to the amount of hair on your head.

Spex also tried to sell me GroMD like it was the second coming of Christ via e-mail. 

Quite depressing in a way, but not all that surprising.

I understand people's interest in these "other" treatments. People will understandably try and do anything to avoid Finasteride if they can. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Tried the grom md shapoo and follicle activator for a couple of years. It was in addition to Fin & Regaine- certainly didn't hurt in maintaining.

I am in the UK, and you used to be able to order it from the US without an issue. Last year, they had a 50% discount on both offerings, so you could get both products for a combined 50$ per month.

Looks like they have icnreased the prices since then and also no longer allowign exports to the UK.

So if you are a UK customer, you have to source it from the UK site for....£60 for each product. So its a no-go from me, and I dounbt I'll be taking reviews too seriously goign forward.

• 1 month later...

It seems to me that your attending physician should answer this question. There could be anything here, since I can't know for sure if all your medications will interact normally with each other. I always had a problem with hair loss before I cured my intestines and stomach. It was never clear to me what the connection was between them, but it really worked. Now I just sometimes order some stomach medications from McDaid Chemists and don't worry about my hair anymore. It turned out that everything really comes from the inside and we should first of all take care of what is inside us, then what is outside will please us

Edited by kirostan